Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?
(29-04-2015 10:02 PM)oneofshibumi Wrote:  ... Posted stuff...

The best of luck.

Daniel

Hello! Big Grin

Welcome to the forums.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2015, 11:18 PM
(29-04-2015 02:55 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 02:47 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  The GARLIC is the sign... because you were going to mix it up with some improper ways that the Flying Spaghetti monster didn't approve of. His noodlely appendage sent those facebook messages to remind you of your heartburn issues.

The signs follow me. I don't follow the signs. In fact I don't need signs. I know without a doubtthat Jesus is the King Of The Universe. And it's so awesome!

Hindus and Muslims truly believe signs follow them too. Using your logic (? lol) the Hindu gods must exist, Allah must exist. And it's so awesome!!

p.s. You're an idiot.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
30-04-2015, 12:58 AM
(29-04-2015 11:18 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 02:55 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  The signs follow me. I don't follow the signs. In fact I don't need signs. I know without a doubtthat Jesus is the King Of The Universe. And it's so awesome!

Hindus and Muslims truly believe signs follow them too. Using your logic (? lol) the Hindu gods must exist, Allah must exist. And it's so awesome!!

Yabut, they aren't part of the true religion, so their deities don't exist.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-04-2015, 03:10 AM
(29-04-2015 02:55 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  The signs follow me. I don't follow the signs. In fact I don't need signs. I know without a doubtthat Jesus is the King Of The Universe. And it's so awesome!

[Image: heman.jpg]

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post
30-04-2015, 05:20 AM
(29-04-2015 07:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 03:01 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  Your testimony is going to be awesome. I can't wait to here it when God finds you with his love.

I want me some awesome testimony.

She got the good stuff:

[Image: article-2469736-18DF5B2E00000578-879_634x445.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
30-04-2015, 05:44 AM
(29-04-2015 01:26 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  I was cooking dinner for my girlfriend (now ex) and jumped on her beach cruiser to get some garlic at my house. I was riding the bike and enjoying being able to serve her dinner. I looked down at the bicycle. I noticed it was a "Legacy" bicycle.

My mind went back to high school and the image of a classmate who name is Jessica Legacy hit my imagination spectrum. I thought to myself what she has been up to these last past 5 years or so.

So I grabbed the garlic - raced back to my GF's house. I get inside the door and spontaneously started acting like a gorilla. Like always she thought I was acting crazy. I was just having fun.

So the next morning - I kid you not, I have a message on FaceBook from none other than Jessica Legacy. And I paraphrase - "Michael, last night I had a dream you where a gorilla and you rescued my sister from the police." Something to that effect. There is no way science can explain this. At least not yet. And if it is explained. Cool. It just keeps fulfilling the glory of our father - our God.

Now, tell me about all the times you acted crazy in front of your girlfriend and someone from your past didn't spontaneously contact you. You're counting your hits and ignoring your misses. It's sort of like the lottery. Everyone only cares if they win. No one cares about the hundreds of millions of failures that happen for each win.

So, sure, you've got a pretty impressive story, but there's no reason I should think it's any more special than someone "just happening" to get all six numbers right on their lotto ticket.
[+] 6 users Like RobbyPants's post
30-04-2015, 07:13 AM
I cant remember which debate it was in, probably one of Ehrman's as I vaguely recall, but whatever explanation there is for this, (and we know very very highly individually improbable events, actually happen all the time ie 1/Googleplex probable events... as paradoxical as that sounds, it really isn't when you know Probability and Stats), the god explanation (ie "miraculous") is the LEAST likely. It goes to the very last position in line. ANY explanation is more probable than the "miracle" (or the gods did it) explanation.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-04-2015, 11:20 AM
(29-04-2015 03:01 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  Your testimony is going to be awesome. I can't wait to here it when God finds you with his love.

When Jesus enters you, you will be filled with his spirit. Hopefully he will spoon after he is done.

[Image: 38866b788306b345795f5acf58d8f116.jpg]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
30-04-2015, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2015 12:04 PM by Tomasia.)
(29-04-2015 04:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  Rather more insightful than a celebrity as they are more intelligent than your average celebrity.

They're only more insightful about subjects in relationship to their own profession. Just like your celebrity actor is likely to be more insightful about acting, or my mechanic is more insightful about the workings of my automobile.

In areas outside of this, like politics, war, culture, I have yet to hear a single thing said that's anymore insightful than the rantings of Susan Sarandon, or George Clooney. It's why you're not gonna see people running to Dawkins, or Tyson to discuss foreign policy, or what should be done in regards to ISIS, because anything they'd have to say would likely be inane.

Quote:Maybe you'd like to provide some actual examples?

Can you provide an example of something deeply insightful that they've contributed?
30-04-2015, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2015 12:25 PM by Tomasia.)
(29-04-2015 09:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  No, you tool. In regards to educating people on CHRISTIANITY. Their supposed area of expertise. Sure, there are experts on Ancient Near East and History, and those guys tend to be fun to listen to. But anyone who's an *actual* Christian apologist, even the supposedly "best" like that douche William Lane Craig, cannot explain his topic with a hundredth of the clarity of any one of probably a dozen science educators I could name off the top of my head.

There's about 2000 years of christian writings, articulating nearly every nook and corner, from a variety of different angles and perspectives.

All you seem to be saying here, is that they don't break it down in a way that's easily digestible for you as an unbeliever? That you have a hard time deciphering what it is they're saying, though many believers likely don't have the same problem.

Sorry to break it to you, the problems is not them, it's you.

In fact there's something to be said. No one considers you, and those like you as their audience, so they don't write works fostered to your particular quirks and inabilities, or odd objections. You're too small, too irrelevant, for writers to invest their time getting to know this foreign audience. So no one is going to write their work with you in mind, you have to take the extra steps required to understand what they have to say.