Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2015, 06:15 AM
RE: Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?
(01-05-2015 11:10 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  The more anyone tries to disprove God...

There's no need to try to disprove god. Thousands of years of failed attempts to prove that there is a god is sufficient to show that there is no good reason to believe that one exists.

The rest of your appeal to emotion is utterly worthless until you come up with even a shred of evidence that you aren't delusional.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
02-05-2015, 07:53 AM
(01-05-2015 11:10 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  The more anyone tries to disprove God - the more joy and confidence it gives me. My intellectual peacocking, intelligence, memory palace, IQ, reasoning is not what God is after. I could be the smartest man in the room of the greatest minds, or the village idiot - what God wants, nay: What he is jealous most for - is my heart. He wants it all.

And I want to give my whole heart to the King of the universe. It's a very very tough task to surrender to him. A lifelong adventure that is absolutely amazing.

It's about a relationship with the creator. To worship and celebrate the creator and not the created. To look death square in the eyes and laugh - With unwavering confidence.

You see, I don't need your approval to feel or be loved. I just ask God my father. He provides it all and then some.

He is a very personal God. He has the best for me. Right here, right now. For eterinity. The battle has already been won.

There is absolutely nothing anyone can say or do that will turn me away from the one who loves me the most. If I'm angry at God I tell him. If I'm happy with God I tell him. He wants my undivided attention. And I chose to give it to the one who sent his son Jesus to this world to die a blameless death for us. So that we will have everlasting life with him for eternity.

Like it or not - we live forever. And that is so awesome to think about. I feel good knowing that life under God's umbrella is blessed. Knowing it gets better and better with each passing moment: solidifies the work he set out to do in me with my wretched heart. He turns the worse into the best.

I want the same for you as well. All of you are better than me in probably every aspect of your lives. I see great things for you all. I see God running after you with an avengence. And when you turn around in fear of his power, there is one thing above all else that he will make indoubtly clear. Three words that nothing or no one can conquer: I LOVE YOU.

You god wants your coronary muscle fibers ? Why ? His wearing out ? What makes it such a "tough job" if it makes you so confident and happy ? Something's just wrong in Denmark with THAT pile of dung / sentimental drivel. There is no such word a "avengence". Are you as uneducated as you appear ? There is also no such word as "indoubtly". What ? Are you a 5th Grade drop-out ? You god is a fake non-existent pile of shit, that exists nowhere except in your brain cells.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-05-2015, 09:47 AM
From the title, "Explain how this wasn't god", it appears that this person doesn't want an explanation. They aren't seeking a real answer. They only want to know why their delusion isn't responsible.

"Please explain to me how my imaginary friend wasn't responsible for crashing the car while I was passed out drunk behind the wheel of the car. I was obviously too drunk to drive, so it must have been god driving the car. No other possible explanation."

Lunatics, the lot of them

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
02-05-2015, 10:29 AM
If god is real, why can't he just come out and say shit? What's with all the riddles and signs that are open to interpretation?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
02-05-2015, 10:53 AM
(02-05-2015 10:29 AM)Anjele Wrote:  If god is real, why can't he just come out and say shit? What's with all the riddles and signs that are open to interpretation?

Uhm, because "God" comes from the brain of a species in demise?

Just throwing that out there. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-05-2015, 11:29 AM
(02-05-2015 10:53 AM)kim Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 10:29 AM)Anjele Wrote:  If god is real, why can't he just come out and say shit? What's with all the riddles and signs that are open to interpretation?

Uhm, because "God" comes from the brain of a species in demise?

This god they speak of is a figment of their imagination?!?!?! Gasp

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
02-05-2015, 11:56 AM
(01-05-2015 11:10 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  There is absolutely nothing anyone can say or do that will turn me away from the one who loves me the most.

If you aren't amenable to having your mind changed, or seriously considering the points we make, then the question isn't why you bother coming here, it's why we should bother engaging with you on these topics.

It's one thing to engage in theological discussion, it's quite another to begin that discussion by making it clear that you have no consideration at all for the points that the other side is making, yet you still expect that we should have any for yours.
[+] 1 user Likes Esquilax's post
02-05-2015, 12:00 PM
(02-05-2015 11:29 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 10:53 AM)kim Wrote:  Uhm, because "God" comes from the brain of a species in demise?

This god they speak of is a figment of their imagination?!?!?! Gasp

Yup.
The moose out front shoulda told 'em. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-05-2015, 12:04 PM
(01-05-2015 11:10 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  The more anyone tries to disprove God - the more joy and confidence it gives me. My intellectual peacocking, intelligence, memory palace, IQ, reasoning is not what God is after. I could be the smartest man in the room of the greatest minds, or the village idiot - what God wants, nay: What he is jealous most for - is my heart. He wants it all.

And I want to give my whole heart to the King of the universe. It's a very very tough task to surrender to him. A lifelong adventure that is absolutely amazing.

It's about a relationship with the creator. To worship and celebrate the creator and not the created. To look death square in the eyes and laugh - With unwavering confidence.

You see, I don't need your approval to feel or be loved. I just ask God my father. He provides it all and then some.

He is a very personal God. He has the best for me. Right here, right now. For eterinity. The battle has already been won.

There is absolutely nothing anyone can say or do that will turn me away from the one who loves me the most. If I'm angry at God I tell him. If I'm happy with God I tell him. He wants my undivided attention. And I chose to give it to the one who sent his son Jesus to this world to die a blameless death for us. So that we will have everlasting life with him for eternity.

Like it or not - we live forever. And that is so awesome to think about. I feel good knowing that life under God's umbrella is blessed. Knowing it gets better and better with each passing moment: solidifies the work he set out to do in me with my wretched heart. He turns the worse into the best.

I want the same for you as well. All of you are better than me in probably every aspect of your lives. I see great things for you all. I see God running after you with an avengence. And when you turn around in fear of his power, there is one thing above all else that he will make indoubtly clear. Three words that nothing or noone can conquer: I LOVE YOU.

Neat.

Well, bye. Shy

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
02-05-2015, 12:36 PM
The brain can do some amazing things - I think perhaps you had some weed spiked with something else and your desire to be more happy and content triggered your brain to give you what you perhaps unconsciously think is the answer in your life...yet when you think rationally and critically (which you obviously have done in the past) you know the truth...
Think positive thoughts - don't allow yourself to think negatively.
You make choices each and every day - choose to be happy...