Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2012, 01:43 AM
RE: Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?
Wall of text, gah! I read what I could, but I don't have time/energy to sift through it and read it all. "Paragraph" 2 sounds like a bad trip, tbh. Nothing more extraordinary than a good dose of drugs. That would pretty much explain any "encounters with God" since those are common with druggies that have a predisposition towards belief (you still thought there was a creator god, even as an "atheist").

Better without God, and happier too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2012, 01:58 AM
It doesn't surprise me. Some religions used drugs to speak with God. I don't think this is any different.

If you believe this will help you in life than by all means continue to believe.

Only thing I ask for is not becoming a radical.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
12-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Hi Wes. I'm glad you are here.
I opened this thread, and before I read one word, I knew exactly what I would read. And indeed what I read, I found it quite familiar. I did read every word. And I understand.
I could explain a lot of things, but it wouldn't matter. I can often be funny and sarcastic when someone does or says something I don't care about. But I can assure you, the one thing I never joke about is someone's health. Never. I take a person's health and well being very seriously.

We could talk more and I hope we will! But since this is very important for you right now, I will be very clear.

Please print out a copy of what you wrote.
Please, find a mental health center and ask to see a health professional. When they pair you up with that person, show him/her what you wrote. Tell that person this is freaking you out, and that both you and friends are concerned for your health. That person wants to help you - please work with them to help you.

It is possible that what you are experiencing has been happening for quite some time, but this incident maybe so out of the ordinary, that the issue has made itself apparent to you. It is often difficult to see many things about yourself until something shocking happens, and even then it can be confusing.

Please do the things above and maybe we can talk another time, if you feel like it.
If you do not feel comfortable with what I have suggested above, then please send LadyJane a personal message. She has counseled people before, and can help you sort things out.

Heart I like to get to know all kinds of people and would welcome the chance to get to know you better. But right now, the most important thing for you to do, is work on your health.
I look forward to an exchange with a healthy Normawesjean. Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
12-01-2012, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2012 11:21 PM by GirlyMan.)
(11-01-2012 04:41 PM)normawesjean Wrote:  I never thought of suicide because I thought suicide was a pansy way out of life, but I would always say “When I go to bed, I just wish I would never wake up.” ... While I was in his bed, my mind started to think about suicide, like of out nowhere, I just started to think of about slitting my wrist, which is something I never think about doing, because like I said, I thought that stuff was a pansy thing to do and I would rather shoot myself to commit suicide than slit my wrist. I could not stop thinking about slitting my wrist, and I felt like I had absolutely no control over myself, like I wasn’t myself and I had no control over my body. I yelled at my buddy I can’t stop thinking of suicide and I want this to stop. I swear on my life the person next to me who was my buddy said this to me. “I know, it happens when you have bad trip. You need to slit your wrist to get out of this” I thought that was insane that he would say that, and I asked him if he ever had a bad trip, and he said yes. I asked how he got out of it, and he told me he slit his wrist to get out of it.

Welcome to the ranks of those that have considered suicide. Doesn't matter how you got here, only matters that you made it. Next stage is the realization that it's all gonna be over soon enough with or without your help so there ain't much point to you trying to hurry it along. It's nothing more than a character building exercise.

(11-01-2012 09:25 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Tell you what I'm gonna do. Since it would be inadvisable for you, or anyone else who doesn't smoke, to risk accidental inhalation, I think that you should find all the really kick-ass weed, pack it up, and send it to me for safe disposal.

I think of it as a public service. ... you can think of it as a mission for God.

Isn't there a Donate button on the main page for just these sort of occasions?

(11-01-2012 09:25 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Next time, you may see a unicorn.

Or maybe a little pony if you're lucky.

This is not my signature.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Keep on getting high and interview god a bit more. Find out why he's such a prick and why he only seems to speak very openly to people who are experiencing abnormal brain states.
Get to rollin them blunts and smoke up son. You're the worlds connection to god right now. We all have questions. I just want the winning lottery numbers for this saturdays powerball in Missouri. Get me that, and you'll be well on your way to having world wide fame.

If god doesn't have the winning number, keep smokin until you get in touch with another god, a devil, an angel, a demon, a half god, mystic lady, carnival side show freak. I don't care.
Just do it - That was a Nike reference, but not only the company but from the god (Nike) as well. That's a god that speaks in very clear terms - "Just do it"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
12-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Am I being trolled? So someone smokes green that was laced with LSD and calls their trip evidence for god? Could have been a primo which is green laced with coke which also has trippy effects.[/align]
[+] 1 user Likes NoahsFarce's post
12-01-2012, 05:29 PM
To be honest, I couldn't read your entire word block - I figure next time you should try mushrooms over weed (comes from the ground too...)

All I can really add is that you must feel very special that god choose to save your sorry ass soul - how cool of him to intervene in your shitty little life while 200,000 people died of starvation or disease on the same day he decided to visit your ass - you must feel special! I fully expect you to be the next Pat Robertson - making something out of your rotten little life since god choose you above all others to save - make good on it!

The ego-centrism of some people amazes me - but please tell me you are a Bronco fan and asking god for help this weekend! Between you and Tebow, we can't possibly lose!

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Seasbury's post
12-01-2012, 06:06 PM
My half sister who suffers from extreme insomnia was once 'cured' by Benny Hinn at a rally. Our late atheistic Mum was skeptical and unfortunately the whole 'cure' went away.

Oh yes!.....for the theists : the good book also tells us that devils too, can perform miracles. A bit of a catch 22.Dodgy

Banned renegade rebel~~Gasp
12-01-2012, 08:10 PM
I forgot to mention too, in case this isn't a troll and help is needed. I have suicide intervention training and can help if you feel this way again sometime. Just putting it out there. Smile
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
12-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Hemlock comes from the ground. Try that Smile

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results