Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2015, 05:56 AM
RE: Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?
(05-05-2015 09:10 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  If scientist are the best source for learning about science, if they are the ones with the most intimate knowledge of their areas of expertise, who is the best source to turn to when it comes to understanding religion?

Philosophers like Dennett? Theologians? Religious Scholars (who are often religious themselves), anthropologist? Historians? Biologist? Evolutionary Psychologist? Who's likely to be the most insightful here?

Historians and anthropologists.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
06-05-2015, 09:36 AM
lol

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
08-05-2015, 12:38 PM
(03-05-2015 04:18 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 09:36 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  Lol... Free choice is a gift from God.

What an idiotic thing to say. So you admit basically it's entirely irrational. Thumbsup
As I said, you have no clue what you're even talking about. You also have no clue what "intellectual honesty" means. Laugh away you fool.
So you tell yourself, (as you clearly are making this shit up as you go along) your god freely gives some people the ability to make a choice and doesn't give it to others. Well isn't that special. So your god does something, and THEN judges people on the basis of the GIFT he gives or does not give. Do you people even THINK about, for one second, what this drivel you spout, really means ?

Free choice bro. We all have it. Intellectual Honesty is so subjective. It is the common consensus of what others deem to be intellectual. "Purely subjective at the highest level of thought" - That's me being intellectually honest. Lol..NEXT
08-05-2015, 12:43 PM
(08-05-2015 12:38 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 04:18 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What an idiotic thing to say. So you admit basically it's entirely irrational. Thumbsup
As I said, you have no clue what you're even talking about. You also have no clue what "intellectual honesty" means. Laugh away you fool.
So you tell yourself, (as you clearly are making this shit up as you go along) your god freely gives some people the ability to make a choice and doesn't give it to others. Well isn't that special. So your god does something, and THEN judges people on the basis of the GIFT he gives or does not give. Do you people even THINK about, for one second, what this drivel you spout, really means ?

Free choice bro. We all have it. Intellectual Honesty is so subjective. It is the common consensus of what others deem to be intellectual. "Purely subjective at the highest level of thought" - That's me being intellectually honest. Lol..NEXT

Lol you're a lunatic. Lol. Next.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-05-2015, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2015 01:04 PM by Shinosky.)
(05-05-2015 09:10 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I do have a question though:

If scientist are the best source for learning about science, if they are the ones with the most intimate knowledge of their areas of expertise, who is the best source to turn to when it comes to understanding religion?

Philosophers like Dennett? Theologians? Religious Scholars (who are often religious themselves), anthropologist? Historians? Biologist? Evolutionary Psychologist? Who's likely to be the most insightful here?

The bible and our own personal relationship and understanding of Jesus. It's simple. I don't need someone telling me what is right or wrong, though sometimes it does help. I have the truth at my finger tips. The confidence is amazing. I have no bounds. I can do whatever I please - freely. Without shame or regret. We all parish from this world, but our spirit lives forever. "We are not bodies with souls, we are souls with bodies" - C.S. Lewis

I love God so much. It doesn't matter if I'm smart, dumb, ugly, attractive, make a lot of money, or make none - yada yada yada - God is after my heart. And I choose to pursue his heart - Which is pure. It's wild man. Absolutely wild. And it keeps getting wilder. There is no box for God. He is beyond our understanding.

lol...I shot 5 under par the other day. It was crazy. And I can't see at all out of my right eye. I wasn't chasing after a good score. I didn't even care if the golf shot was good or bad. I just played. I stayed in the here and the now - focused on God and his love.

I hope you all can come to splendor in this absolutely amazing love that he provides for the one's who surrender to him. #ShootOutToTheOne
08-05-2015, 01:01 PM
(08-05-2015 12:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-05-2015 12:38 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  Free choice bro. We all have it. Intellectual Honesty is so subjective. It is the common consensus of what others deem to be intellectual. "Purely subjective at the highest level of thought" - That's me being intellectually honest. Lol..NEXT

Lol you're a lunatic. Lol. Next.

That I might be. For you to come out and say I am is awesome. Who are you defending? Why are you defending? Does it really matter what you think? I say no. It does not matter what you think. It's your heart that matters.
08-05-2015, 01:11 PM
(08-05-2015 01:01 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(08-05-2015 12:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  Lol you're a lunatic. Lol. Next.

That I might be. For you to come out and say I am is awesome. Who are you defending? Why are you defending? Does it really matter what you think? I say no. It does not matter what you think. It's your heart that matters.

Rolleyes Keep trying skippy. I dunno if there's much hope for you but maybe one day you'll remember this conversation and cringe a bit.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-05-2015, 01:15 PM
(08-05-2015 01:11 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-05-2015 01:01 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  That I might be. For you to come out and say I am is awesome. Who are you defending? Why are you defending? Does it really matter what you think? I say no. It does not matter what you think. It's your heart that matters.

Rolleyes Keep trying skippy. I dunno if there's much hope for you but maybe one day you'll remember this conversation and cringe a bit.

God wins. Undefeated. Forever. You or I just can't complete with that truth. We just can't. No matter how hard we try - It's useless. So I don't try - I know. And knowing is half the battle....lol
08-05-2015, 01:16 PM
(08-05-2015 12:49 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(05-05-2015 09:10 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I do have a question though:

If scientist are the best source for learning about science, if they are the ones with the most intimate knowledge of their areas of expertise, who is the best source to turn to when it comes to understanding religion?

The bible and our own personal relationship and understanding of Jesus.

So you personally know Jesus? What foods does he like the most? What are his likes/dislikes? Was he a rebel as a teenager?

Tell me how well you personally know a dead man that lived 2000 years ago, I'm interested.
08-05-2015, 01:26 PM
(08-05-2015 01:16 PM)Dusky Wrote:  
(08-05-2015 12:49 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  The bible and our own personal relationship and understanding of Jesus.

So you personally know Jesus? What foods does he like the most? What are his likes/dislikes? Was he a rebel as a teenager?

Tell me how well you personally know a dead man that lived 2000 years ago, I'm interested.

God's not dead, he's surely alive! He's living on the inside. Roaring like a lion.

I'm not sure what he like's to eat....lol I never asked him. I don't care to ask him either. That's such low level conversation. I strive to talk about things that Jesus like's to talk about. Like how he loves us - oh how he loves us. Truly awesome. The more you guys try to counter an already won argument - the more I feel confidence in Jesus. Open the eyes of your heart and soon too you will see.