Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2015, 06:31 AM
RE: Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?
(08-05-2015 10:01 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(08-05-2015 05:23 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Are you planning to provide any evidence or argument for why we should believe in this god or are you just here to preach?

Of course! Sunrises. Sunsets. The waves of the ocean. The moon. The Universe. Lol...

That has to be one of the stupidest responses I've ever seen, even for a poe/troll.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
09-05-2015, 06:49 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2015 06:54 AM by Free Thought.)
(09-05-2015 06:31 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(08-05-2015 10:01 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  Of course! Sunrises. Sunsets. The waves of the ocean. The moon. The Universe. Lol...

That has to be one of the stupidest responses I've ever seen, even for a poe/troll.

[Image: 11497481.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
09-05-2015, 06:58 AM
(09-05-2015 06:49 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(09-05-2015 06:31 AM)unfogged Wrote:  That has to be one of the stupidest responses I've ever seen, even for a poe/troll.

[Image: 11497481.jpg]

Oh, I didn't mean to say I hadn't heard it before, just that it is too stupid to deserve a response. If he is a poe or a troll then he's just boring since there's absolutely nothing of substance in any of his posts. If he is serious then he needs to be given a cookie (biscuit for you non-US types), a glass of milk, and a pat on the head because there's nothing there to work with.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
09-05-2015, 07:20 AM
Hey Shin, let's peel back all the layers of the onion.
Remove the universe and all its forces until there is nothing to see, nothing to hear or touch or experience.

What are you left with ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
09-05-2015, 07:24 AM
(08-05-2015 09:58 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(08-05-2015 06:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  I don't need to prove anything - it is you making the claims.
Present the evidence or shut the fuck up. Drinking Beverage
That's easy. Jesus Christ died on the cross for the sins if this world. #simple

You call that evidence? Seriously?

What do you have outside of the myth to support that?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2015, 07:29 AM
(09-05-2015 04:32 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Per standard for theists.

I get skipped. Always.
I feel you. Q ignored a bunch of my questions, so that's why I don't bother with him anymore.

Shinosky is just one of the run-of-the-mill types who just spout off the normal "GOD IS LOVE" and won't answer the hard parts. Just like the New Agey new xianity stuff that's starting to be popular. Be more vague because stuff, man. Stuff!
09-05-2015, 10:38 AM
(08-05-2015 10:01 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(08-05-2015 05:23 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Are you planning to provide any evidence or argument for why we should believe in this god or are you just here to preach?

Of course! Sunrises. Sunsets. The waves of the ocean. The moon. The Universe. Lol...

And here I was arguing you weren't a POE and you go all "Tides come in, tides go out. You can't explain that." on me. Facepalm

"It's always good to learn, Sean. It's never good to mock people who are trying."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-05-2015, 10:47 AM
(09-05-2015 12:45 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(09-05-2015 12:42 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Not those with empathetic chemical deficiencies for whichever reasons that prevents Oxytocin and other impacts of love from altering them.

Are you stating that you have a strong hold on Love?

ummmm .... maybe?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
09-05-2015, 02:09 PM
I read the first couple of sentences of the OP and had to jump down here and reply. The OP says:

"Please keep in mind I was a hardcore atheist for the last 2 years of my life before you read my experience that happened Dec. 22nd of 2011. I posted this on Facebook, so I'm gonna copy and paste it here.

'So before this some of you probably knew me as the guy who never seemed to be happy and the guy who sorta hated God. ...' "

The person who wrote this was NOT an atheist! Atheist do not hate God because you cannot hate something that does not exist!!! An atheist is someone who does not believe in god.

The OP was never an atheist. The OP is and was always a believer in God who felt that God was/is an asshole. This was a reasonable conclusion for anyone who believes in the Bible, since the Bible describes God as an asshole.

It should not surprise any of us when someone who thinks there is a God decides to change his mind about whether to love or hate God, since if you believe in God he's gotta be a pretty scary dude.

Joke: What do you call a 6-foot-tall 250-pound man of a race you are prejudiced against? You call him "Sir."

So the OP decided so start calling God "Sir" because he had a scare.

But the OP was never an atheist.

One of the stupidest, most offensive, most disgusting things that some fundy Bible-thumpers say to atheists is, "Why do you hate God?" Well, to all the asshats who think atheists hate God: No, imbecil, we don't, because we don't believe there is any such thing.

So the OP is either an idiot or a troll, when he begins his tirade by saying that he used to be an atheist and that he hated God. Probably a troll since he posted once and never posted again.

There. I feel so much better now that I've said that.

Carry on.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 5 users Like daniel1948's post
09-05-2015, 05:06 PM
(09-05-2015 02:09 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  I read the first couple of sentences of the OP and had to jump down here and reply. The OP says:

"Please keep in mind I was a hardcore atheist for the last 2 years of my life before you read my experience that happened Dec. 22nd of 2011. I posted this on Facebook, so I'm gonna copy and paste it here.

'So before this some of you probably knew me as the guy who never seemed to be happy and the guy who sorta hated God. ...' "

The person who wrote this was NOT an atheist! Atheist do not hate God because you cannot hate something that does not exist!!! An atheist is someone who does not believe in god.

The OP was never an atheist. The OP is and was always a believer in God who felt that God was/is an asshole. This was a reasonable conclusion for anyone who believes in the Bible, since the Bible describes God as an asshole.

It should not surprise any of us when someone who thinks there is a God decides to change his mind about whether to love or hate God, since if you believe in God he's gotta be a pretty scary dude.

Joke: What do you call a 6-foot-tall 250-pound man of a race you are prejudiced against? You call him "Sir."

So the OP decided so start calling God "Sir" because he had a scare.

But the OP was never an atheist.

One of the stupidest, most offensive, most disgusting things that some fundy Bible-thumpers say to atheists is, "Why do you hate God?" Well, to all the asshats who think atheists hate God: No, imbecil, we don't, because we don't believe there is any such thing.

So the OP is either an idiot or a troll, when he begins his tirade by saying that he used to be an atheist and that he hated God. Probably a troll since he posted once and never posted again.

There. I feel so much better now that I've said that.

Carry on.

I can say from experience that hating something that doesn't exist is definitely possible. If anything, God as a character is very easy to hate.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.