Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2015, 12:40 AM
RE: Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?
(11-05-2015 12:07 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(10-05-2015 11:20 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Knowledge requires that you actually know something, and you don't 'know it' if you cannot 'show it' with evidence.

Faith, believing in things either without or in the face of contradictory evidence, doesn't count as 'knowledge'.

Which is why all religious claims are either not evidently true, or evidently not true.

Love is the evidence

Love is not evidence of anything more than the chemical processes in your brain that control your emotions. Drinking Beverage

Also, that's a non sequitur you stupid fuck.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
11-05-2015, 12:49 AM
(11-05-2015 12:29 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(11-05-2015 12:07 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  Love is the evidence

Explain psychopaths.

Psalm 94
1 The Lord is a God who avenges.
    O God who avenges, shine forth.
2 Rise up, Judge of the earth;
    pay back to the proud what they deserve.
3 How long, Lord, will the wicked,
    how long will the wicked be jubilant?
4 They pour out arrogant words;
    all the evildoers are full of boasting.
5 They crush your people, Lord;
    they oppress your inheritance.
6 They slay the widow and the foreigner;
    they murder the fatherless.
7 They say, “The Lord does not see;
    the God of Jacob takes no notice.”
8 Take notice, you senseless ones among the people;
    you fools, when will you become wise?
9 Does he who fashioned the ear not hear?
    Does he who formed the eye not see?
10 Does he who disciplines nations not punish?
    Does he who teaches mankind lack knowledge?
11 The Lord knows all human plans;
    he knows that they are futile.
12 Blessed is the one you discipline, Lord,
    the one you teach from your law;
13 you grant them relief from days of trouble,
    till a pit is dug for the wicked.
14 For the Lord will not reject his people;
    he will never forsake his inheritance.
15 Judgment will again be founded on righteousness,
    and all the upright in heart will follow it.
16 Who will rise up for me against the wicked?
    Who will take a stand for me against evildoers?
17 Unless the Lord had given me help,
    I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death.
18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,”
    your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.
19 When anxiety was great within me,
    your consolation brought me joy.
20 Can a corrupt throne be allied with you—
    a throne that brings on misery by its decrees?
21 The wicked band together against the righteous
    and condemn the innocent to death.
22 But the Lord has become my fortress,
    and my God the rock in whom I take refuge.
23 He will repay them for their sins
    and destroy them for their wickedness;
    the Lord our God will destroy them.
New International Version (NIV)
11-05-2015, 01:11 AM
^^^ in short, the Lord your god is a psychopath.

Like we didn't know.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
11-05-2015, 01:14 AM
Revelation 19:12
His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself.
11-05-2015, 01:20 AM
(11-05-2015 12:49 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(11-05-2015 12:29 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Explain psychopaths.

Psalm 94

That's not an explanation. It doesn't even begin to address the demand either...
Do I really have to explain to you why, regarding your 'proof' I asked you to explain psychopaths?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
11-05-2015, 01:50 AM
(11-05-2015 01:20 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(11-05-2015 12:49 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  Psalm 94

That's not an explanation. It doesn't even begin to address the demand either...
Do I really have to explain to you why, regarding your 'proof' I asked you to explain psychopaths?

Lack of knowledge of God. Lack of understanding the significance of sacrificing ones self for others. Dismissing soul.
11-05-2015, 02:24 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2015 02:27 AM by Free Thought.)
(11-05-2015 01:50 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(11-05-2015 01:20 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  That's not an explanation. It doesn't even begin to address the demand either...

Lack of knowledge of God. Lack of understanding the significance of sacrificing ones self for others. Dismissing soul.

So at this point you've essentially broken down to the point of verse-tossing and incoherent babble? Good work, everyone.

Based on that particular stream of nonsense, I suppose I'll have to explain to you my demand of 'explain psychopaths' after all...

If 'love' is the evidence for your beliefs, that raises the question of apparent contradictions to the alleged evidence: psychopaths are a prime example; A good many of them are unable to normally feel emotions (such as 'love'), and therefore present a challenge to your belief by being exempt from your 'evidence'.
As such, you must present an explanation for the apparent contradiction: you must explain how they can co-exist with the evidence.

Spouting scripture isn't going to help, because A) welcome to circular reasoning, and B) what you picked did not remotely come close to explaining the evidence and the opposing phenomenon.
The quoted jumble of vaguely connected words doesn't help you either: one problem being that they are all meaningless snippets of words for which you have provided no context or explanation.

(11-05-2015 01:50 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  Lack of knowledge of God.

We know this isn't the case because psychopaths who are taught of gods do not stop being psychopaths upon their education: you could attempt to indoctrinate such a child, but they would still be psychologically aberrant so it still fails.

Additionally, we know it can't be the case because people deprived of the 'knowledge of god', (which in the light of the no-context I interpret as meaning being ignorant of gods' words etc.) as people who were not indoctrinated (and those who were but to the 'wrong god') will not necessarily exhibit symptoms of psychopathy.

(11-05-2015 01:50 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  Lack of understanding the significance of sacrificing ones self for others.

Again, this sentence really doesn't make any sense without some sort of explanation... which I'm guessing I wont be receiving any time soon. I will hand it to you that a psychopath may not be able to see the 'significance' of sacrificing oneself for the sake of others on an emotional level, however they most likely may be able to understand such an act on a non-emotional level.
The lack of emotional understanding (which I am assuming is what you are banking on) of course just brings us back to the beginning of the problem which they present.

(11-05-2015 01:50 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  Dismissing soul.

There isn't much to go for here; same problem as the first two regarding explanation, and to rebuff the statement, I basically just have to quote my response to the first sentence: People who dismiss the idea of a soul do will not necessarily be psychopaths as the statement would require to be true.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
11-05-2015, 02:37 AM
(11-05-2015 02:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(11-05-2015 01:50 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  Lack of knowledge of God. Lack of understanding the significance of sacrificing ones self for others. Dismissing soul.

So at this point you've essentially broken down to the point of verse-tossing and incoherent babble? Good work, everyone.

Based on that particular stream of nonsense, I suppose I'll have to explain to you my demand of 'explain psychopaths' after all...

If 'love' is the evidence for your beliefs, that raises the question of apparent contradictions to the alleged evidence: psychopaths are a prime example; A good many of them are unable to normally feel emotions (such as 'love'), and therefore present a challenge to your belief by being exempt from your 'evidence'.
As such, you must present an explanation for the apparent contradiction: you must explain how they can co-exist with the evidence.

Spouting scripture isn't going to help, because A) welcome to circular reasoning, and B) what you picked did not remotely come close to explaining the evidence and the opposing phenomenon.
The quoted jumble of vaguely connected words doesn't help you either: one problem being that they are all meaningless snippets of words for which you have provided no context or explanation.

(11-05-2015 01:50 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  Lack of knowledge of God.

We know this isn't the case because psychopaths who are taught of gods do not stop being psychopaths upon their education: you could attempt to indoctrinate such a child, but they would still be psychologically aberrant so it still fails.

Additionally, we know it can't be the case because people deprived of the 'knowledge of god', (which in the light of the no-context I interpret as meaning being ignorant of gods' words etc.) as people who were not indoctrinated (and those who were but to the 'wrong god') will not necessarily exhibit symptoms of psychopathy.

(11-05-2015 01:50 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  Lack of understanding the significance of sacrificing ones self for others.

Again, this sentence really doesn't make any sense without some sort of explanation... which I'm guessing I wont be receiving any time soon. I will hand it to you that a psychopath may not be able to see the 'significance' of sacrificing oneself for the sake of others on an emotional level, however they most likely may be able to understand such an act on a non-emotional level.
The lack of emotional understanding (which I am assuming is what you are banking on) of course just brings us back to the beginning of the problem which they present.

(11-05-2015 01:50 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  Dismissing soul.

There isn't much to go for here; same problem as the first two regarding explanation, and to rebuff the statement, I basically just have to quote my response to the first sentence: People who dismiss the idea of a soul do will not necessarily be psychopaths as the statement would require to be true.

I'll give you thee one nonemotional and fully emotional answer that stands above and beyond all else when it comes to sacrifice which btw is the greatest act of love: Jesus on the cross. #JesusRemainsUndefeated
11-05-2015, 02:46 AM
(11-05-2015 02:37 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  I'll give you thee one nonemotional and fully emotional answer that stands above and beyond all else when it comes to sacrifice which btw is the greatest act of love: Jesus on the cross. #JesusRemainsUndefeated

That bold part is a bit of a contradiction in terms...

How exactly does Jewsus begging nailed to some sticks relate to the problem of psychopathy and love? It's really not an address to the issue.

As a side-note, perhaps you can remind me where Jewsus supposedly went after being executed?

(11-05-2015 02:37 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  #JesusRemainsUndefeated

Unless you are a bunch of tiny Romans with sticks.

11-05-2015, 02:52 AM
(11-05-2015 02:46 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(11-05-2015 02:37 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  I'll give you thee one nonemotional and fully emotional answer that stands above and beyond all else when it comes to sacrifice which btw is the greatest act of love: Jesus on the cross. #JesusRemainsUndefeated

That bold part is a bit of a contradiction in terms...

How exactly does Jewsus begging nailed to some sticks relate to the problem of psychopathy and love? It's really not an address to the issue.

As a side-note, perhaps you can remind me where Jewsus supposedly went after being executed?

(11-05-2015 02:37 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  #JesusRemainsUndefeated

Unless you are a bunch of tiny Romans with sticks.

You're a funny.

What's wrong dude? For real. What has got you so down that you feel the need to out think other's. It's a losing battle my friend. I respect the effort. I don't respect your hatred for God.