Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2012, 09:39 PM
RE: Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?
(12-01-2012 08:10 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I forgot to mention too, in case this isn't a troll and help is needed. I have suicide intervention training and can help if you feel this way again sometime. Just putting it out there. Smile

And I have considerable suicide consideration experience. We should go to A&E with a pitch for a show.

I have forgiven 51 unprovoked insults Heywood Jahblome has directed at forum members.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-01-2012, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2012 01:06 PM by kineo.)
(11-01-2012 04:41 PM)normawesjean Wrote:  Please keep in mind I was a hardcore atheist for the last 2 years of my life before you read my experience that happened Dec. 22nd of 2011.

I do not believe this. You readily accepted your hallucinations as a message from a God that you do not believe in? Was your disbelief not founded upon reason? It sounds more like you were just apathetic towards the idea of God and hadn't really thought it out.

That said, someone who has had 0 contact with Christianity or the Bible would have had a totally different trip. They would not have seen or heard from "God" or assumed that they were being treated to a glimpse of Hell.

I think you felt guilty for disobeying your parents' wishes, you sound like you were depressed, and you didn't like that you were having to do drugs to feel happy. Probably all of those things were magnified by your powerful weed and your mind ran with it.
(12-01-2012 09:17 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Hemlock comes from the ground. Try that Smile

I didn't know better, I'd think you were suggesting that he...

[Image: hfziA.gif]

... POISON!
[+] 3 users Like kineo's post
13-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Yes... he hasn't attempted to even look for responses to his post. I think I smell Troll, too.
Even so, if someone wrote all that in that way, joke or not, they have clearly are disturbed.
Oh well. What a waste of time and space. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
13-01-2012, 08:29 PM
(13-01-2012 01:31 PM)kim Wrote:  Oh well. What a waste of time and space. Shy

Nah, don't matter if OP ever comes back or not. The dialog is interesting regardless.

I have forgiven 51 unprovoked insults Heywood Jahblome has directed at forum members.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-01-2012, 10:24 PM
(12-01-2012 09:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-01-2012 08:10 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I forgot to mention too, in case this isn't a troll and help is needed. I have suicide intervention training and can help if you feel this way again sometime. Just putting it out there. Smile

And I have considerable suicide consideration experience. We should go to A&E with a pitch for a show.

Only if they give us MONEY!!!!!

You don't have to go on a show if you wanna chat too, you can just PM as well. Smile Anytime.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
13-01-2012, 11:32 PM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2012 11:51 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-01-2012 10:24 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(12-01-2012 09:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Only if they give us MONEY!!!!!

You don't have to go on a show if you wanna chat too, you can just PM as well. Smile Anytime.

Don't worry about me, I'm good. I'm assuming that this an open invitation to anyone here who might need assistance in this particular matter?

14-01-2012, 05:16 PM
The brain is complex, when I was a believer slowly losing faith I took any lame, simple, thing as a sign from god. Sometimes I felt an urge to read the bible.

But I found out I was just longing for a invisiable father.
[+] 3 users Like Question's post
15-01-2012, 12:42 PM
(11-01-2012 04:41 PM)normawesjean Wrote:  So before this some of you probably knew me as the guy who never seemed to be happy and the guy who sorta hated God.

Did you sincerely hate God as though He was a real entity capable of receiving said hate? If so, then sorry to say, but that's not something an atheist could do and you were probably not an atheist by proper definition of the term.

(11-01-2012 04:41 PM)normawesjean Wrote:  I went to church all throughout Junior High and High School. I took it serious at first, but I started to let church turn into a social event more than a place of fellowship. I shortly fell off after I graduated. I started working and quit going to church. I started to question a lot about God, and I basically turned into a theist, I didn’t really believe in the bible God, I believed that we have a creator and he just left us with no rules or anything, he just left us to survive.
This is a sort of weird way to use the word 'theist' as it somewhat implies that a christian is not also a theist. A theist has faith-based beliefs, christians have faith-based beliefs, christians are theists; different degrees of theists but theists all the same.

(11-01-2012 04:41 PM)normawesjean Wrote:  I can honestly say I wasn’t happy; in fact, I hated life because without a purpose (which God gives us) I felt like my life was absolutely pointless.
Sure you can draw purpose from God but I would argue there are far better things to establish meaning from. I don't claim to have any profound meaning or purpose for my existence, but that doesn't stop me from consciously choosing a purpose.

(11-01-2012 04:41 PM)normawesjean Wrote:  I just worked and went to school and I hated it so much. I grew so envy of people that looked happy. I would spend hours on Facebook going through random people’s pages I don’t even know. I would look at their life and their pictures and I would see people looking so happy, and I would always try to figure out why they look so happy. I noticed they all drank alcohol, smoked weed, partied, and did other things. I never got hardcore into any of that stuff, I tried partying, I tried drinking, I tried smoking, and I tried living that lustful lifestyle that so many people live now days. At the end of day, it never made me happy, IT NEVER MADE HAPPY!
“IT NEVER MADE HAPPY”, that bit just made me laugh. You missed a word there.
But sure, you aren't very likely to find happiness just merely emulating what you think makes other people happy. Plus, happiness will never be a permanent sensation. All emotions are temporary and their fleeting nature is one of the properties that makes them something to be cherished and savoured; even the bad ones.
Please also keep in mind that just because something does make you happy, that alone does not mean it is any more or less accurate to reality.

(11-01-2012 04:41 PM)normawesjean Wrote:  I was starting to believe I’m never going to be happy; I’m never going to feel content in life. I had this void, this emptiness in my body that needed to be filled with joy and happiness. At this time was pretty much an Atheist, but I honestly felt like my body had this huge desire to be happy, like it was a part of who I was, I just had this HUGE drive to find happiness, and I never found it. I honestly thought since all these people doing the things I mentioned above looked so happy, I thought it would make me happy, and it didn’t. I thought I was a lost cause and happiness for me; it didn’t exist and never will. I started to grow so much hatred for people, I’m not exaggerating when I say this, I probably had the hardest heart of anyone out there; I had so much hate towards people and everything because I can’t be happy and everyone else can.
Time for a reality check. People in general naturally put up facades. Every last person on the planet is depressed in some way or another over some thing or another. Everyone copes with and/or manifests their depression in their own way.

(11-01-2012 04:41 PM)normawesjean Wrote:  Like my body had this disease where I can’t be happy, I wasn’t depressed, but I never felt satisfied in anything I did.
I find this kind of state of mind can come when the things that used to make you happy become commonplace; they've become part of the routine and are no longer something special. When you find yourself like this, I'd advise going for a walk in your downtown area and thinking about different activities you've never tried but think you might enjoy. Take a look around and see if there's anything locally you might be interested in checking out.

(11-01-2012 04:41 PM)normawesjean Wrote:  I was honestly considering going to a therapist and asking what’s wrong with me. I know they were just going to give me some pills and that would make everything better. I didn’t want that, I didn’t want to rely on a pill to make me happy, when I should be happy to begin with.
You have no way of being sure that's what they would do so you're just talking out of your ass here.

I never thought of suicide because I thought suicide was a pansy way out of life, but I would always say “When I go to bed, I just wish I would never wake up.” I tried weed two times before my experience I’m about to mention and all I got from it was it made me feel hungry.
I was in a suicidal depression for a few months when I was 17 and it was a rough time. Keep in mind, this was more or less the last stretch of time I believed there was a God. I was happier after I stopped believing. But honestly, I agree with suicide being a stupid thing to do; I don't know about calling it “a pansy way out of life” but even having been so damn close myself, I can never endorse it. I was an idiot then and I am so happy I didn't go through with it. I will never commit suicide. I now consider it morally reprehensible to ever end a human being's life, even if it is your own.
As for the rest, everyone else has already covered it pretty well.
15-01-2012, 02:59 PM
I just don't get how you can be "a hardcore atheist" and "hate god". That's like saying " I don't believe in Santa but I hate the bastard's guts". Makes no sense to me. Yes giving up religion is a pain because it is a very strong placebo , but one which has very negative consequences on society when taken without moderation.

Also I have never seen an atheist in my life who says or believes this : "Tyler was a very hardcore atheist, he believed science was the answer to everything"

"has told me he has conformed many people to atheism"
This is starting to stink to me as a atheism is a religion argument.

Honestly this entire post presents atheists as strawmen from a chritisan perspective. I have rarely seen an actual atheist do any of the things I mentioned above.

Suspicious cat is suspicious.
[Image: 128977704323210964.jpg]

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like gaglamesh731's post
15-01-2012, 04:50 PM
You don't hate what what isn't there. ; )

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post