Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2015, 10:04 AM
RE: Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?
(12-05-2015 09:48 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 07:23 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  Until you except this ...

That may be the only thing you've posted that I think is on the mark. I except everything you claim.

You are either one of the most delusional fools I've ever run across or an extremely bad poe. I hope it is the latter as, despite much anecdotal evidence to the contrary, I still find it hard to accept that anybody can be that ignorant.

It doesn't matter how ignorant I am. I could be a mentally retarded child (I might be. Would I know it if I was? Not being funny here. Some say I am. Some say I'm highly intelligent. Who knows. Who cares. It means absolutely nothing in the long run.) Here's the truth - death is at our doorstep every moment of our lives. We are all going to die. I just choose to love.

Seriously spend an immense amount of time thinking about death. Think about the fact that we are all going to die. Seriously - picture yourself on the moon looking at the earth. And somewhere down there is yourself thinking about being on the moon. Now - what is this whole existence of life? What are we doing here? Do we live just to distract ourselves from the fact that we are going to die and we don't know when? We are surviving for what? So we can eventually die to nothing? lol.....nope - we live forever my friends. We really do. Choose wisely.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2015, 10:08 AM
(12-05-2015 10:04 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 09:48 AM)unfogged Wrote:  That may be the only thing you've posted that I think is on the mark. I except everything you claim.

You are either one of the most delusional fools I've ever run across or an extremely bad poe. I hope it is the latter as, despite much anecdotal evidence to the contrary, I still find it hard to accept that anybody can be that ignorant.

It doesn't matter how ignorant I am. I could be a mentally retarded child (I might be. Would I know it if I was? Not being funny here. Some say I am. Some say I'm highly intelligent. Who knows. Who cares. It means absolutely nothing in the long run.) Here's the truth - death is at our doorstep every moment of our lives. We are all going to die. I just choose to love.

Seriously spend an immense amount of time thinking about death. Think about the fact that we are all going to die. Seriously - picture yourself on the moon looking at the earth. And somewhere down there is yourself thinking about being on the moon. Now - what is this whole existence of life? What are we doing here? Do we live just to distract ourselves from the fact that we are going to die and we don't know when? We are surviving for what? So we can eventually die to nothing? lol.....nope - we live forever my friends. We really do. Choose wisely.

You had me until the end. I choose to love to and choose to spend my time enjoying the communications I can muster up with individuals and thoughts that arise in these interactions.

If it's about a feeling for you, good for you. Enjoy that one wonderfully but your insistence will get you nowhere here. If you find love in being swayed by unfounded answers and poorly engaging on forums with no goal of directly informing your perspective, you may continue on as you are. But that doesn't alter anyoneone elses minds by that line of action.

If we really live forever, there would be no purpose to choosing wisely, we'll all go to heaven anyway as God is love and will honor everyone peacefully in his other realms.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
12-05-2015, 10:13 AM
(12-05-2015 10:04 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  It doesn't matter how ignorant I am. I could be a mentally retarded child (I might be. Would I know it if I was? Not being funny here. Some say I am. Some say I'm highly intelligent. Who knows. Who cares. It means absolutely nothing in the long run.) Here's the truth - death is at our doorstep every moment of our lives. We are all going to die. I just choose to love.

So basically, "I'm scared of death, therefore god exists and I'm not going to die ever."

Appeals to consequences are fallacious, dude.
[+] 5 users Like Esquilax's post
12-05-2015, 11:28 AM
Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?
I don't worship anything or anyone. You can twist the definition and connotation of the word all you want, but it doesn't make it true. When I was a believer, I tried the same argument. Conclusion? I don't worship anything.

Death: I have thought about it a lot. Probably more than the average theist. Been as close to dead as you can get and still be able to type right now. Not once or twice or even 4 times. I need the t-shirt. Pretty sure I know what's going to kill me in the end.

My conclusion? As an organism my time is limited. One day I will be dead. Après vie. I will cease to be. I will be an ex-Clockwork. And I'm fine with that. My emotions have no bearing on the fact that I will die. It is a fact. Back long ago I studied many religions, and I came to the same conclusion.

So don't think that as an atheist I've never considered death. If you do, you're a fool.

If you're going to claim any of us worship something or someone, you need to back that up with facts, not word salad, redefinitions, or apologetics.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
12-05-2015, 12:26 PM
(12-05-2015 11:28 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  I don't worship anything or anyone. You can twist the definition and connotation of the word all you want, but it doesn't make it true. When I was a believer, I tried the same argument. Conclusion? I don't worship anything.

Death: I have thought about it a lot. Probably more than the average theist. Been as close to dead as you can get and still be able to type right now. Not once or twice or even 4 times. I need the t-shirt. Pretty sure I know what's going to kill me in the end.

My conclusion? As an organism my time is limited. One day I will be dead. Après vie. I will cease to be. I will be an ex-Clockwork. And I'm fine with that. My emotions have no bearing on the fact that I will die. It is a fact. Back long ago I studied many religions, and I came to the same conclusion.

So don't think that as an atheist I've never considered death. If you do, you're a fool.

If you're going to claim any of us worship something or someone, you need to back that up with facts, not word salad, redefinitions, or apologetics.

There you are! You accepted Christ into your heart Clockwork - he's waiting for you. He's jealous for you brother! I thought once like you. I turned away myself. When I turned around and came back to God - it was open arms. It wasn't easy. It still isn't easy. It's so hard to deny my flesh and keep my eye on him. But it's worth it. The freedom is amazing! The church loves you brother. Jesus love you! You are all his! Praise God!
12-05-2015, 12:30 PM
(12-05-2015 12:26 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  There you are! You accepted Christ into your heart Clockwork - he's waiting for you. He's jealous for you brother! I thought once like you. I turned away myself. When I turned around and came back to God - it was open arms. It wasn't easy. It still isn't easy. It's so hard to deny my flesh and keep my eye on him. But it's worth it. The freedom is amazing! The church loves you brother. Jesus love you! You are all his! Praise God!

I've been asking you to fuck off for days. The fact that you refuse is proof that you do not love me. Now fuck off Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-05-2015, 12:35 PM
(12-05-2015 10:13 AM)Esquilax Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 10:04 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  It doesn't matter how ignorant I am. I could be a mentally retarded child (I might be. Would I know it if I was? Not being funny here. Some say I am. Some say I'm highly intelligent. Who knows. Who cares. It means absolutely nothing in the long run.) Here's the truth - death is at our doorstep every moment of our lives. We are all going to die. I just choose to love.

So basically, "I'm scared of death, therefore god exists and I'm not going to die ever."

lol...you are scared of death as well! We all are. To deny that one is not is foolish. Otherwise there wouldn't be forum for your cause. You wouldn't care less about your existence.

And I came here to deliver the truth. I'm not here to defend, convince, contend, or argue, or control. The battle has already been won. It's game over. I'm here to let you know the winning side is God's side and you are free to join us as God's children. The work has already been done. It's going to be so much fun to see you in this world or in heaven. Good times!
12-05-2015, 12:37 PM
(12-05-2015 07:16 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(11-05-2015 03:02 PM)Esquilax Wrote:  Yeah, I don't think you're actually allowed to take the credit for all the good things I'll ever do and place it with your imaginary friend. Drinking Beverage

I dare you to go practice medicine in say a third world country like Uganda. Most if not all the ballers in your field are Christians that don't fear helping the ones that really need help. *yawn*

Doctors Without Borders.

You are an ignoramus.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
12-05-2015, 12:38 PM
(12-05-2015 12:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 12:26 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  There you are! You accepted Christ into your heart Clockwork - he's waiting for you. He's jealous for you brother! I thought once like you. I turned away myself. When I turned around and came back to God - it was open arms. It wasn't easy. It still isn't easy. It's so hard to deny my flesh and keep my eye on him. But it's worth it. The freedom is amazing! The church loves you brother. Jesus love you! You are all his! Praise God!

I've been asking you to fuck off for days. The fact that you refuse is proof that you do not love me. Now fuck off Dodgy

I love you!
12-05-2015, 12:38 PM

Negative. I was raised French & Irish Catholic. Later moved to a strange denomination. Then was a kabbalist. (Yes, there are Christian kabbalists.) Now atheist.

Didn't turn away. Just stopped believing.

Now back to the topic at hand.