Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2015, 12:49 PM
RE: Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?
(12-05-2015 12:35 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  lol...you are scared of death as well!

That is not what he said. You have serious reading comprehension problems.

Quote:And I came here to deliver the truth. I'm not here to defend, convince, contend, or argue, or control.

You came here to preach. How quaint. If you are not willing to explain or defend your ideas then your worth to this forum is zero. It is sad, really.

[Image: 4943466482_f3227a9bb9.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
12-05-2015, 12:51 PM
(12-05-2015 12:38 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 12:26 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  There you are! You accepted Christ into your heart Clockwork - he's waiting for you. He's jealous for you brother! I thought once like you. I turned away myself. When I turned around and came back to God - it was open arms. It wasn't easy. It still isn't easy. It's so hard to deny my flesh and keep my eye on him. But it's worth it. The freedom is amazing! The church loves you brother. Jesus love you! You are all his! Praise God!

Negative. I was raised French & Irish Catholic. Later moved to a strange denomination. Then was a kabbalist. (Yes, there are Christian kabbalists.) Now atheist.

Didn't turn away. Just stopped believing.

Now back to the topic at hand.

What is the topic at hand?
12-05-2015, 12:53 PM
(12-05-2015 12:35 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  lol...you are scared of death as well! We all are. To deny that one is not is foolish.

You do not get to speak for me, and the fact that your religion has made you so arrogantly blind to the boundaries of polite conversation is yet another indictment of it. But say I was scared of death: how on earth is that an argument for god? What you'd prefer to be the case does not alter what actually is the case, and asserting that dying without an afterlife would be bad, does not make it untrue. The universe is not bound to care about your comfort.

Quote: Otherwise there wouldn't be forum for your cause. You wouldn't care less about your existence.

How does that follow? I accept death as an inevitability, one I don't have to like, but that doesn't mean I have to not care about my life. The fact that my life is finite makes it infinitely more precious and worthy of care.

Quote:And I came here to deliver the truth. I'm not here to defend, convince, contend, or argue, or control. The battle has already been won. It's game over. I'm here to let you know the winning side is God's side and you are free to join us as God's children. The work has already been done. It's going to be so much fun to see you in this world or in heaven. Good times!

So you're here to be an intellectually dishonest proselytizer, heedless of what anyone else may want, so long as you get what you do.

You aren't a very good messenger for your cause.
12-05-2015, 12:53 PM
(12-05-2015 12:49 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 12:35 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  lol...you are scared of death as well!

That is not what he said. You have serious reading comprehension problems.

Quote:And I came here to deliver the truth. I'm not here to defend, convince, contend, or argue, or control.

You came here to preach. How quaint. If you are not willing to explain or defend your ideas then your worth to this forum is zero. It is sad, really.

[Image: 4943466482_f3227a9bb9.jpg]

I am worthless in the eyes on the world....lol God doesn't see me that way though!!
12-05-2015, 12:54 PM
I just. I can't even. Weeping

The thought that you're actually serious...it makes babies cry and mommy dogs have stillborn puppies.

For my own self preservation, I'm going to choose to remain willfully ignorant (you should be familiar with this concept - you're clearly an expert) and pretend that people can't possibly be this stupid and that you're a Poe. So. Bravo, dude, bravo. You got us!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
12-05-2015, 12:54 PM
(12-05-2015 12:38 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 12:26 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  There you are! You accepted Christ into your heart Clockwork - he's waiting for you. He's jealous for you brother! I thought once like you. I turned away myself. When I turned around and came back to God - it was open arms. It wasn't easy. It still isn't easy. It's so hard to deny my flesh and keep my eye on him. But it's worth it. The freedom is amazing! The church loves you brother. Jesus love you! You are all his! Praise God!

Negative. I was raised French & Irish Catholic. Later moved to a strange denomination. Then was a kabbalist. (Yes, there are Christian kabbalists.) Now atheist.

Didn't turn away. Just stopped believing.

Now back to the topic at hand.

kabbala is the work of Satan.
12-05-2015, 12:57 PM
(12-05-2015 12:53 PM)Esquilax Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 12:35 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  lol...you are scared of death as well! We all are. To deny that one is not is foolish.

You do not get to speak for me, and the fact that your religion has made you so arrogantly blind to the boundaries of polite conversation is yet another indictment of it. But say I was scared of death: how on earth is that an argument for god? What you'd prefer to be the case does not alter what actually is the case, and asserting that dying without an afterlife would be bad, does not make it untrue. The universe is not bound to care about your comfort.

Quote: Otherwise there wouldn't be forum for your cause. You wouldn't care less about your existence.

How does that follow? I accept death as an inevitability, one I don't have to like, but that doesn't mean I have to not care about my life. The fact that my life is finite makes it infinitely more precious and worthy of care.

Quote:And I came here to deliver the truth. I'm not here to defend, convince, contend, or argue, or control. The battle has already been won. It's game over. I'm here to let you know the winning side is God's side and you are free to join us as God's children. The work has already been done. It's going to be so much fun to see you in this world or in heaven. Good times!

So you're here to be an intellectually dishonest proselytizer, heedless of what anyone else may want, so long as you get what you do.

You aren't a very good messenger for your cause.

When are you going to understand that this is not an argument. I'm not here to preach either. I'm plainly speaking from my heart. I'm not perfect - so please excuse some of the mess I create Smile.
12-05-2015, 12:58 PM
(12-05-2015 12:35 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 10:13 AM)Esquilax Wrote:  So basically, "I'm scared of death, therefore god exists and I'm not going to die ever."

lol...you are scared of death as well! We all are. To deny that one is not is foolish. Otherwise there wouldn't be forum for your cause. You wouldn't care less about your existence.

And I came here to deliver the truth. I'm not here to defend, convince, contend, or argue, or control. The battle has already been won. It's game over. I'm here to let you know the winning side is God's side and you are free to join us as God's children. The work has already been done. It's going to be so much fun to see you in this world or in heaven. Good times!

If the battle is won, why are you still here? Is it in truth your own insecurity that drives you to post here? Not to convince others but rather yourself?
12-05-2015, 01:00 PM
(12-05-2015 12:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 07:16 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  I dare you to go practice medicine in say a third world country like Uganda. Most if not all the ballers in your field are Christians that don't fear helping the ones that really need help. *yawn*

Doctors Without Borders.

You are an ignoramus.

Thanks Chris! Love the name calling as well. What's with the sour attitude?
12-05-2015, 01:03 PM
(12-05-2015 12:58 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 12:35 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  lol...you are scared of death as well! We all are. To deny that one is not is foolish. Otherwise there wouldn't be forum for your cause. You wouldn't care less about your existence.

And I came here to deliver the truth. I'm not here to defend, convince, contend, or argue, or control. The battle has already been won. It's game over. I'm here to let you know the winning side is God's side and you are free to join us as God's children. The work has already been done. It's going to be so much fun to see you in this world or in heaven. Good times!

If the battle is won, why are you still here? Is it in truth your own insecurity that drives you to post here? Not to convince others but rather yourself?

I like to jump into hornets nest and get stung a bunch of times. It builds my strength. I have to say: I didn't think I would have so many people offended. That wasn't my intention. I'm not offended by any of you. In fact - I consider you friends.