Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2012, 06:49 PM
RE: Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?
Ok, that was pure troll crap, jeesh, I'm glad I didn't read the whole thing.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Clint Barnett's post
15-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Great, no response. Glad I read that wall of text >_>

Oh well, now if anyone is actually curious about my experiences they can refer to my post.
Find all posts by this user
15-01-2012, 09:44 PM
[Image: 516472main_arp147_full.jpg]

Troll... this IS NOT god at all... it's way better!!

This is The black hole ring photographed last year at about this time...
This composite image of Arp 147, a pair of interacting galaxies located about 430 million light years from Earth, shows X-rays from the NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory (pink) and optical data from the Hubble Space Telescope (red, green, blue) produced by the Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) in Baltimore, Md.

Arp 147 contains the remnant of a spiral galaxy (right) that collided with the elliptical galaxy on the left. This collision has produced an expanding wave of star formation that shows up as a blue ring containing in abundance of massive young stars. These stars race through their evolution in a few million years or less and explode as supernovas, leaving behind neutron stars and black holes.

A fraction of the neutron stars and black holes will have companion stars, and may become bright X-ray sources as they pull in matter from their companions. The nine X-ray sources scattered around the ring in Arp 147 are so bright that they must be black holes, with masses that are likely ten to twenty times that of the Sun.

An X-ray source is also detected in the nucleus of the red galaxy on the left and may be powered by a poorly-fed supermassive black hole. This source is not obvious in the composite image but can easily be seen in the X-ray image. Other objects unrelated to Arp 147 are also visible: a foreground star in the lower left of the image and a background quasar as the pink source above and to the left of the red galaxy.

Infrared observations with NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope and ultraviolet observations with NASA's Galaxy Evolution Explorer (GALEX) have allowed estimates of the rate of star formation in the ring. These estimates, combined with the use of models for the evolution of binary stars have allowed the authors to conclude that the most intense star formation may have ended some 15 million years ago, in Earth's time frame.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
16-01-2012, 12:00 AM
ok I did actually read your wall of text and I can honestly say I think you were just on a trip.

I never smoke pot myself and had a similar experience when I did smoke up a few months back. I have not smoked anywhere near that amount since.

It's very common to see this kind of thing when you put your mind into an open state of suggestion due to drugs or otherwise. It's the exact same way that when people shooting tv shows on ghosts will commonly convince themselves there is something going on when there isn't.

You know that feeling you may get when someone goes "did you hear that?! It sounded like someone said Rick". That's your brain trying to make sense of random sounds that may be occurring around you. Try watching a ghost show and you will see exactly what I mean. One person makes a suggestion and everyone adjusts their perception to reinforce the social pressure.

People have claimed to have been abducted by aliens, seen Elvis, ghosts, UFOs, etc.

If you were under the influence of drugs and had an open mind to suggestion then it's very natural to have your brain start taking static input and interpret it to what was on your mind. Namely religion.

Think of Occam's razor. Which explanation requires the least assumption?
[+] 1 user Likes Godless's post
16-01-2012, 03:14 AM
The mind is a trickey wicket

At a party once a friend told us about the drink Absinthe and that he had obtained the good stuff from Europe, illegally. We were told that we could only have one shot each because it was so expensive and also because one shot was all we SHOULD have due to the hallucinations that might follow.
Now for any of you that have had absinthe, you know that what I've said is basically untrue, but that's what we were told along with a few stories to make it's status even higher in our own minds.

Four of us had a shot and it was tasty, not that big of a deal, but what happened about 15 min later was strange or at least it seemed strange.
We all heard a bell at the same time and each one of us thought it was a hallucinated bell.
One person said "Oh wow - did you hear that" ?
Another person said "A bell" ?
I said "Oh wow - we all had the same hallucination, hearing the same thing at the same time. How is that possible" ?
We tried to wrap our heads around the idea and all we could think of was that it was the Absinthe that had caused this strange thing to happen.

Answer : Someone from outside the house rang the doorbell : simple as that
But for some reason, we all were convinced, at the time, that this was a mystical event when we all heard the same thing at the same time.

The mind is a trickey wicket

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
16-01-2012, 11:46 AM
well somebody gotta do it

[Image: tl-dr.jpg]

If you want to make a point make it short and precise, that wall of text made my eyes bleed after the first paragraphSad
[+] 1 user Likes Jakel's post
16-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Umm, where's the OP?
Troll?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Im A Christian, As i Was sitting in bed thinking how i couldnt go to sleep at night just thinking about god so much, and he told me because he wanna spend time with me because i dont spend to much of my day with him, i decided to type it in google and research, i clicked on your article, and it was comparable to myself because i was basically depressed not happy, looking on facebook at other peoples lives, and all that, now we were created by god, FACT, and if he didnt have a purpose for us he wouldnt of created us, now because we were created by god we have a desire for god. because of sin we were seperated from god, so we all have a emptyness that only god can feel, joy is with god, acceptance is with god, and everything else we desire. As u try to find it everywhere else in this world except from god, u will never be fulfilled, u will only have temporary satisfaction that keeps you searching and searching(cant you see the devil behind that). I used to use drugs to, and only by gods mercy he started giving me revalations about the spiritual view of my life and opened my eyes to how serious it is. god can reveal himself in some way to you when your high only by his mercy so dont go getting high just to get god to receal himself because he knows your intentions. When really thats pointless because he has a promise in the bible Seek and ye shall find. Thats my favorite. As i seeked, i started getting many signs, i was getting visions, i heard his voice audibly and i was so shocked that i didnt hear the whole sentence, and many many more i mean i cant even explain how much he reveals himself to you if you keep his commandments and let him, YOU WERE BORN TO KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, that is who you are in christ when you do that, Now when you ask for forgiveness and surrender all to him, he gives you his spirit which helps you along and keeps you strong and do many many things, read galatians 5, the whole chapter, Hapiness and Joy.... 2 diffrent things, Hapiness is temporary, a feeling you get from whatever circumstance your in, Joy is A true satisfaction he gives you with his spirit, And i found it to, God is more than enough, Theres Nobody bigger theres nobody greater, everything we look for is in christ alone, thats where you place your trust, and god gives you faith with his spirit also, so we all have it, everything you see was nothing, Open your eyes to the big picture, and thats when youll get the big image
02-03-2012, 12:21 AM
(11-01-2012 07:17 PM)Ben Wrote:  What the hell makes you think God would reveal himself to you personally but almost nobody else?

only when you seek, you will find, u must humble yourself
02-03-2012, 06:23 AM
this man was trippin' balls!! I remembered once I thought I found the question for the universe, life, and everything else, and 42 made sense, but then I remembered that in the books there's this little girl who finds out and the world explodes, so I forgot the question for safety reasons... now I can't remember it even if I try Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Can someone explain... smileXsmileXsmile 18 428 21-07-2014 09:39 AM
Last Post: atheistsince1950
  Trying To Explain Differences Between Faith, Science, Laws And Theories WindyCityJazz 5 111 20-07-2014 07:27 AM
Last Post: goodwithoutgod
  How do you explain this to a Christian? Shadow Fox 17 382 03-05-2014 09:09 PM
Last Post: Minimalist
  how can i explain this? sophonian 17 439 07-04-2014 07:55 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Can a believer explain the justice of the original sins curses? Reltzik 61 1,596 23-12-2013 10:20 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Reasoned faith? Please explain BlackMason 27 804 21-12-2013 07:24 PM
Last Post: Hafnof
  Hitler wasn't an Atheist, and a secular society is best goodwithoutgod 11 421 17-12-2013 01:14 PM
Last Post: goodwithoutgod