Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2015, 09:05 AM
RE: Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?
(14-05-2015 08:51 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  Well - if you or anyone else can't scientifically or mathematically solve this problem: we are all ignorant. We all fall under the ignorance umbrella. Our logic is faulty. Bottom line.

So, just gonna ignore the much larger issue of your bad behavior, are you? Dodgy

Quote: Source this if you are going to state it please.

Like you won't? Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2015, 09:09 AM
(14-05-2015 08:51 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  Well - if you or anyone else can't scientifically or mathematically solve this problem: we are all ignorant. We all fall under the ignorance umbrella. Our logic is faulty. Bottom line.

Non sequitur.

Demonstrate how logic is faulty.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-05-2015, 09:16 AM
(14-05-2015 09:05 AM)Esquilax Wrote:  

So, just gonna ignore the much larger issue of your bad behavior, are you? Dodgy

Wait - what bad behavior? Seriously? I think we are having what is know as a "media misunderstanding" here. All I'm perceiving is that you are perceiving that I'm ignorant. Which I totally agree. I confidently state that. So is anyone else that can't break down the giant question mark that looms over everyone's head: The quantum world correlation with the astro world. We as a human race have spent an immense amount of time and resources trying to solve this problem. And I'm confident it will get solved. What I'm excited about is what God has for us that is beyond the answer to this wonder.
14-05-2015, 09:19 AM
(14-05-2015 09:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  

Non sequitur.

Demonstrate how logic is faulty.

Logic needs to have an end. Can't use "infinity" in a mathematical equation and obtain a perfect balance to both sides of the equation.
14-05-2015, 09:23 AM
(14-05-2015 09:16 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  Wait - what bad behavior? Seriously?

You quoted the post in which I explained it all, in fact it was the larger portion of that post, yet you managed to ignore it in favor of the one sentence I said after it all. The whole thing about how you disrespect and devalue us? Dodgy
14-05-2015, 09:24 AM
(13-05-2015 02:47 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  The products of science can be used for good or for ill. Religion is supposed to teach us how to use our resources for good. It has failed miserably. Religion is a complete and utter failure. Unless, of course, you have your own church, in which case you are probably getting filthy rich off of the donations of ignorant, superstitious people who give you their money in the hope of buying their way into heaven.

I agree - religion is a failure. A belief system fails us every time. And it will continue to do so. A relationship on the other hand...
14-05-2015, 09:35 AM
(14-05-2015 09:23 AM)Esquilax Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 09:16 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  Wait - what bad behavior? Seriously?

You quoted the post in which I explained it all, in fact it was the larger portion of that post, yet you managed to ignore it in favor of the one sentence I said after it all. The whole thing about how you disrespect and devalue us? Dodgy

I never said "I disrespect you". I never said "I devalue you". If you perceive that I am saying this - that is you who needs to work that out within yourself. Not my problem. I do want to help though Smile
14-05-2015, 09:38 AM
(14-05-2015 09:24 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(13-05-2015 02:47 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  The products of science can be used for good or for ill. Religion is supposed to teach us how to use our resources for good. It has failed miserably. Religion is a complete and utter failure. Unless, of course, you have your own church, in which case you are probably getting filthy rich off of the donations of ignorant, superstitious people who give you their money in the hope of buying their way into heaven.

I agree - religion is a failure. A belief system fails us every time. And it will continue to do so. A relationship on the other hand...

How can one know that is even the case if their logic is faulty? Where does one determine the relationship has any actual value over a delusion or as a mere placebo benefit?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-05-2015, 09:38 AM
(14-05-2015 09:35 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 09:23 AM)Esquilax Wrote:  You quoted the post in which I explained it all, in fact it was the larger portion of that post, yet you managed to ignore it in favor of the one sentence I said after it all. The whole thing about how you disrespect and devalue us? Dodgy

I never said "I disrespect you". I never said "I devalue you". If you perceive that I am saying this - that is you who needs to work that out within yourself. Not my problem. I do want to help though Smile

Prove your "relationship" exists outside of your imagination you self righteous and immature ignoramus.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
14-05-2015, 09:40 AM
(14-05-2015 09:38 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 09:35 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  I never said "I disrespect you". I never said "I devalue you". If you perceive that I am saying this - that is you who needs to work that out within yourself. Not my problem. I do want to help though Smile

Prove your "relationship" exists outside of your imagination you self righteous and immature ignoramus.

Easy! I love you!