Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2015, 09:41 AM
RE: Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?
(14-05-2015 09:19 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 09:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  Non sequitur.

Demonstrate how logic is faulty.

Logic needs to have an end. Can't use "infinity" in a mathematical equation and obtain a perfect balance to both sides of the equation.

That is math, not logic. Try again. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2015, 09:49 AM
(14-05-2015 09:38 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 09:24 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  I agree - religion is a failure. A belief system fails us every time. And it will continue to do so. A relationship on the other hand...

How can one know that is even the case if their logic is faulty? Where does one determine the relationship has any actual value over a delusion or as a mere placebo benefit?

Because it's not about the "thinking". It's about the soul. God is just as much a mystery to his children as to the one's who choose not to accept him. I'm content in knowing that I do not have all my ducks in a row. It's kind of the best place to be. To rely completely on God is such an amazing and wonderful lifestyle. It doesn't matter the circumstance. He takes care of his children. This is what I do know. We are given free will. We have this "thing" if you may - that is known as free will. Absolutely no one can take your will away. You can give it away. But no one can take it. It's a gift that is given to us humans. How we use it is up to us. I thrive when I give my will back to the one who gave it to me in the first place. It's called surrendering.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shinosky's post
14-05-2015, 09:49 AM
(14-05-2015 09:40 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 09:38 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Prove your "relationship" exists outside of your imagination you self righteous and immature ignoramus.

Easy! I love you!

FFS - really? What a damn flake we have here. I would rather converse with my toaster oven than this dolt! Please surrender to the folks with the van and white lab coats when they come for you.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 2 users Like Timber1025's post
14-05-2015, 09:52 AM
(14-05-2015 09:49 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 09:40 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  Easy! I love you!

FFS - really? What a damn flake we have here. I would rather converse with my toaster oven than this dolt! Please surrender to the folks with the van and white lab coats when they come for you.

I still love you!
14-05-2015, 09:53 AM
(14-05-2015 09:41 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 09:19 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  Logic needs to have an end. Can't use "infinity" in a mathematical equation and obtain a perfect balance to both sides of the equation.

That is math, not logic. Try again. Drinking Beverage

Typically, the logic needed for mathematical investigations is great while that for nonmathematical investigations is small.
14-05-2015, 09:54 AM
(14-05-2015 09:49 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 09:38 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  How can one know that is even the case if their logic is faulty? Where does one determine the relationship has any actual value over a delusion or as a mere placebo benefit?

Because it's not about the "thinking". It's about the soul. God is just as much a mystery to his children as to the one's who choose not to accept him. I'm content in knowing that I do not have all my ducks in a row. It's kind of the best place to be. To rely completely on God is such an amazing and wonderful lifestyle. It doesn't matter the circumstance. He takes care of his children. This is what I do know. We are given free will. We have this "thing" if you may - that is known as free will. Absolutely no one can take your will away. You can give it away. But no one can take it. It's a gift that is given to us humans. How we use it is up to us. I thrive when I give my will back to the one who gave it to me in the first place. It's called surrendering.

Thanks for the open response, but it is basically a philosophy of admitting submission and going along with it by having it feeling good. While there is no way to determine what is or isn't a delusion, that's not what many others seek in their values in life.

I hope you could learn to find better than with your system than spreading your heart on a forum that won't really impact anything.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-05-2015, 10:00 AM
Quote:I hope you could learn to find better than with your system than spreading your heart on a forum that won't really impact anything.

You never know... The beauty of a world wide never ending public forum is a wonderful thing. A "World Wide Web" so they say.
14-05-2015, 10:13 AM
(14-05-2015 09:53 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 09:41 AM)Chas Wrote:  That is math, not logic. Try again. Drinking Beverage

Typically, the logic needed for mathematical investigations is great while that for nonmathematical investigations is small.

Yet you used mathematics for your criticism. Consider

And logic is logic whether used in mathematics or any other rational thought.

The problem is that you appear to be incapable of rational thought. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-05-2015, 10:18 AM
(14-05-2015 09:49 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 09:40 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  Easy! I love you!

You forgot the butterfly nets.

It's an integral part of the uniform. Yes

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-05-2015, 10:18 AM
(14-05-2015 10:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 09:53 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  Typically, the logic needed for mathematical investigations is great while that for nonmathematical investigations is small.

Yet you used mathematics for your criticism. Consider

And logic is logic whether used in mathematics or any other rational thought.

The problem is that you appear to be incapable of rational thought. Drinking Beverage

ummm.. 2+2 = 4 That's rational. I just proved your theory about how I appear to be incapable of rational thought to be false. #BackToBasics