Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2015, 12:44 PM
RE: Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?
(14-05-2015 10:18 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 10:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yet you used mathematics for your criticism. Consider

And logic is logic whether used in mathematics or any other rational thought.

The problem is that you appear to be incapable of rational thought. Drinking Beverage

ummm.. 2+2 = 4 That's rational. I just proved your theory about how I appear to be incapable of rational thought to be false. #BackToBasics

Rote memorization. Drinking Beverage

Try again.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2015, 01:06 PM
(14-05-2015 11:54 AM)Esquilax Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 11:41 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  I never said "I won't listen to you" or "you have nothing of value to add to the conversation about god without outright agreeing with me". I never once said "I treat you like pawns in my preaching game". That's all in your head if you want to look at it like that. I can't change the way you think. I don't want to change the way you think. I think you think great btw. You are intelligent and sound in mind. Let me ask you this - how is the condition of your soul?

So do you just not know how to read, or do you just ignore anything that doesn't fit into your insanely literalist interpretation of the world? Because I clearly said you were acting that way, not that you were saying those things.

You telling me how I am acting is a form of control. You don't control me. I would think you would know better than that. #ForReal #OpenUp
Find all posts by this user
14-05-2015, 01:21 PM
(14-05-2015 01:06 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 11:54 AM)Esquilax Wrote:  So do you just not know how to read, or do you just ignore anything that doesn't fit into your insanely literalist interpretation of the world? Because I clearly said you were acting that way, not that you were saying those things.

You telling me how I am acting is a form of control. You don't control me. I would think you would know better than that. #ForReal #OpenUp

Maybe he can't control you. But you can't really control yourself either. Free will is not more than a illusion. Laugh out load

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
14-05-2015, 01:28 PM
(14-05-2015 01:21 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 01:06 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  You telling me how I am acting is a form of control. You don't control me. I would think you would know better than that. #ForReal #OpenUp

Maybe he can't control you. But you can't really control yourself either. Free will is not more than a illusion. Laugh out load

Once again - this statement: "But you can't really control yourself either" is another form of control. You don't control me.
14-05-2015, 01:29 PM
(14-05-2015 12:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 10:18 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  ummm.. 2+2 = 4 That's rational. I just proved your theory about how I appear to be incapable of rational thought to be false. #BackToBasics

Rote memorization. Drinking Beverage

Try again.

No it is not.
14-05-2015, 01:30 PM
(14-05-2015 01:28 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 01:21 PM)Leo Wrote:  Maybe he can't control you. But you can't really control yourself either. Free will is not more than a illusion. Laugh out load

Once again - this statement: "But you can't really control yourself either" is another form of control. You don't control me.

You have ceased to make any sense whatsoever.

14-05-2015, 01:31 PM
(14-05-2015 01:29 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 12:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  Rote memorization. Drinking Beverage

Try again.

No it is not.

Prove it. Show how you reason it out.

14-05-2015, 01:32 PM
(14-05-2015 01:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  You have ceased to make any sense whatsoever.

Are you implying that he ever did make any sense? All I've seen is unsubstantiated claims wrapped in bullshit.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
14-05-2015, 01:32 PM
(14-05-2015 11:37 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  To be honest. I'm just waiting until everyone on here just stops responded or reacting to me. I think the best way would be to start talking to each other and pretending that I don't exist. You know I'm here - but you choose to completely ignore me.

The only real solution for your problem is leaving this forums. Frankly 2 trolls like the Q guy and Call of the wild is more than enough. You are the one trolling this forums and you are bitching about the members responses. Facepalm We don't need your Jebus and your silly beliefs. I will leave you alone if you accept that I'm the absolute champ of the last person to post wins thread. Wink

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
14-05-2015, 03:07 PM
(14-05-2015 08:46 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  ... Negative energy brings about a horrid vision.

Energy is a measure of the ability to do work. There is no such thing as "negative energy" because the ability to do work can never be less than nothing.

(14-05-2015 08:56 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(13-05-2015 02:47 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  Side note: Farmers contemporaneous with the author(s) of Genesis were breeding cattle, and understood the breeding of cattle, but the Genesis author(s) believed, wrongly, that showing a picture of spots to a monochrome cow would cause it to give birth to a spotted calf. The Bible authors didn't even understand the agricultural technology of their own day!

Source this if you are going to state it please.

Source: The Bible. That story about the guy who gets his employer to agree to give him all the spotted calves as his salary, and then he shows spots to the pregnant cows and they all have spotted calves and he ends up rich. I'm not going to bother finding the chapter and verses. Anybody who's read the Bible remembers the story. And anyone who's not brain-dead knows that traits are not acquired by the mother looking at pictures.

(You don't have to believe the damn thing is the "Word of God" in order to read it. It's really not a bad book if you read it as the work of fiction that it is.)

(14-05-2015 09:24 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(13-05-2015 02:47 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  The products of science can be used for good or for ill. Religion is supposed to teach us how to use our resources for good. It has failed miserably. Religion is a complete and utter failure. Unless, of course, you have your own church, in which case you are probably getting filthy rich off of the donations of ignorant, superstitious people who give you their money in the hope of buying their way into heaven.

I agree - religion is a failure. A belief system fails us every time. And it will continue to do so. A relationship on the other hand...

A relationship with an imaginary friend? That has some good and some bad. The good is that you get to pretend that your imaginary friend is saying whatever you want to hear. The bad is that if you take it too seriously you can wind up in a padded cell in the booby hatch.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 2 users Like daniel1948's post