Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2015, 04:01 PM
RE: Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?
(14-05-2015 03:07 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  Source: The Bible. That story about the guy who gets his employer to agree to give him all the spotted calves as his salary, and then he shows spots to the pregnant cows and they all have spotted calves and he ends up rich. I'm not going to bother finding the chapter and verses. Anybody who's read the Bible remembers the story. And anyone who's not brain-dead knows that traits are not acquired by the mother looking at pictures.

Genesis 30

(30:37) And Jacob took him rods of green poplar, and of the hazel and chesnut tree; and pilled white strakes in them, and made the white appear which [was] in the rods.
(30:38) And he set the rods which he had pilled before the flocks in the gutters in the watering troughs when the flocks came to drink, that they should conceive when they came to drink.
(30:39) And the flocks conceived before the rods, and brought forth cattle ringstraked, speckled, and spotted.
(30:40) And Jacob did separate the lambs, and set the faces of the flocks toward the ringstraked, and all the brown in the flock of Laban; and he put his own flocks by themselves, and put them not unto Laban's cattle.
(30:41) And it came to pass, whensoever the stronger cattle did conceive, that Jacob laid the rods before the eyes of the cattle in the gutters, that they might conceive among the rods.
(30:42) But when the cattle were feeble, he put [them] not in: so the feebler were Laban's, and the stronger Jacob's.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2015, 04:22 PM
(14-05-2015 10:18 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  ummm.. 2+2 = 4 That's rational. I just proved your theory about how I appear to be incapable of rational thought to be false. #BackToBasics

Is it rational to believe a god could make 2+2= anything other then 4?

You believe your god can do that, don't you?
14-05-2015, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2015 05:57 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-05-2015 04:22 PM)H4ym4n Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 10:18 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  ummm.. 2+2 = 4 That's rational. I just proved your theory about how I appear to be incapable of rational thought to be false. #BackToBasics

Dunno about God, but it's trivial for Girly to make 2+2=10 or 2+2=11 by just changing the radix.

#sigh
14-05-2015, 09:19 PM
(14-05-2015 01:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 01:29 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  No it is not.

Prove it. Show how you reason it out.

No
14-05-2015, 09:20 PM
(14-05-2015 04:01 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 03:07 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  Source: The Bible. That story about the guy who gets his employer to agree to give him all the spotted calves as his salary, and then he shows spots to the pregnant cows and they all have spotted calves and he ends up rich. I'm not going to bother finding the chapter and verses. Anybody who's read the Bible remembers the story. And anyone who's not brain-dead knows that traits are not acquired by the mother looking at pictures.

Genesis 30

(30:37) And Jacob took him rods of green poplar, and of the hazel and chesnut tree; and pilled white strakes in them, and made the white appear which [was] in the rods.
(30:38) And he set the rods which he had pilled before the flocks in the gutters in the watering troughs when the flocks came to drink, that they should conceive when they came to drink.
(30:39) And the flocks conceived before the rods, and brought forth cattle ringstraked, speckled, and spotted.
(30:40) And Jacob did separate the lambs, and set the faces of the flocks toward the ringstraked, and all the brown in the flock of Laban; and he put his own flocks by themselves, and put them not unto Laban's cattle.
(30:41) And it came to pass, whensoever the stronger cattle did conceive, that Jacob laid the rods before the eyes of the cattle in the gutters, that they might conceive among the rods.
(30:42) But when the cattle were feeble, he put [them] not in: so the feebler were Laban's, and the stronger Jacob's.
lol
14-05-2015, 09:21 PM
(14-05-2015 04:22 PM)H4ym4n Wrote:  

Law
14-05-2015, 09:23 PM
(14-05-2015 01:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 01:28 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  Once again - this statement: "But you can't really control yourself either" is another form of control. You don't control me.

You have ceased to make any sense whatsoever.
Once again. That is your perspective.
14-05-2015, 09:24 PM
(14-05-2015 04:01 PM)unfogged Wrote:  

Genesis 30

look at how all you guys fight for your belief that there is no God. I just chill knowing that there is. #ComeOnNow
14-05-2015, 09:27 PM
(14-05-2015 01:32 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 11:37 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  To be honest. I'm just waiting until everyone on here just stops responded or reacting to me. I think the best way would be to start talking to each other and pretending that I don't exist. You know I'm here - but you choose to completely ignore me.

The only real solution for your problem is leaving this forums. Frankly 2 trolls like the Q guy and Call of the wild is more than enough. You are the one trolling this forums and you are bitching about the members responses. Facepalm We don't need your Jebus and your silly beliefs. I will leave you alone if you accept that I'm the absolute champ of the last person to post wins thread. Wink
You can see it how you want to. I'm not trolling. I'm not a Poe. God reigns. So simple.
14-05-2015, 09:33 PM
(14-05-2015 03:07 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 08:46 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  ... Negative energy brings about a horrid vision.

Energy is a measure of the ability to do work. There is no such thing as "negative energy" because the ability to do work can never be less than nothing.

(14-05-2015 08:56 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  Source this if you are going to state it please.

Source: The Bible. That story about the guy who gets his employer to agree to give him all the spotted calves as his salary, and then he shows spots to the pregnant cows and they all have spotted calves and he ends up rich. I'm not going to bother finding the chapter and verses. Anybody who's read the Bible remembers the story. And anyone who's not brain-dead knows that traits are not acquired by the mother looking at pictures.

(You don't have to believe the damn thing is the "Word of God" in order to read it. It's really not a bad book if you read it as the work of fiction that it is.)

(14-05-2015 09:24 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  I agree - religion is a failure. A belief system fails us every time. And it will continue to do so. A relationship on the other hand...

A relationship with an imaginary friend? That has some good and some bad. The good is that you get to pretend that your imaginary friend is saying whatever you want to hear. The bad is that if you take it too seriously you can wind up in a padded cell in the booby hatch.

There is good and there is evil. There is right and there is wrong. God wins. He is undefeated. You can't win unless you surrender to him. Then life is a blessing. Otherwise you get his wrath. I don't want that for you. I don't wish bad on the worst of my enemies. And I consider you my friends. #GodIsGood #AllTheTime #HeIsInAGoodMoodAlways