Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2015, 03:56 AM
RE: Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?
(14-05-2015 09:24 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 04:01 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Genesis 30

(30:37) And Jacob took him rods of green poplar, and of the hazel and chesnut tree; and pilled white strakes in them, and made the white appear which [was] in the rods.
(30:38) And he set the rods which he had pilled before the flocks in the gutters in the watering troughs when the flocks came to drink, that they should conceive when they came to drink.
(30:39) And the flocks conceived before the rods, and brought forth cattle ringstraked, speckled, and spotted.
(30:40) And Jacob did separate the lambs, and set the faces of the flocks toward the ringstraked, and all the brown in the flock of Laban; and he put his own flocks by themselves, and put them not unto Laban's cattle.
(30:41) And it came to pass, whensoever the stronger cattle did conceive, that Jacob laid the rods before the eyes of the cattle in the gutters, that they might conceive among the rods.
(30:42) But when the cattle were feeble, he put [them] not in: so the feebler were Laban's, and the stronger Jacob's.

look at how all you guys fight for your belief that there is no God. I just chill knowing that there is. #ComeOnNow

Seems pretty chill by my standards of people here, idk how going out looking for some random forum and saying I have the belief is a chill action though.

How do you know there is good and evil? Didn't need logic to figure it out?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2015, 05:51 AM
(14-05-2015 09:24 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  look at how all you guys fight for your belief that there is no God. I just chill knowing that there is. #ComeOnNow

Don't be ridiculous! We come to an atheist forum to chat with like-minded folks. You come here, knowing you'll get arguments, specifically to start arguments, and we merely oblige you. You are the one fighting to prove that your imaginary friend is real.

(14-05-2015 09:33 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  There is good and there is evil. There is right and there is wrong. God wins. He is undefeated. You can't win unless you surrender to him. Then life is a blessing. Otherwise you get his wrath. I don't want that for you. I don't wish bad on the worst of my enemies. And I consider you my friends. #GodIsGood #AllTheTime #HeIsInAGoodMoodAlways

Oh, sure, you love us, you wish the best for us, but you are so smug in your ridiculous certainty that you are going to spend eternity sitting on a cloud watching us burn.

You fundies are so full of "I love you" and so happy in your perverted dogma about a God of Love who gives people unfathomable pain for all eternity for the "crime" of not believing in him!

You are one sick puppy.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 3 users Like daniel1948's post
15-05-2015, 06:17 AM
(14-05-2015 09:21 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 04:22 PM)H4ym4n Wrote:  Is it rational to believe a god could make 2+2= anything other then 4?

You believe your god can do that, don't you?
Law

Elaborate please
15-05-2015, 06:31 AM
Shin it's easy to chill in a fantasy within your own mind.
Dealing with reality however is much more amazing.
Understanding reality and it's simplicity and complexity and how these two concepts merge together is breathtaking.

You keep on livin the dream.
We'll keep on livin in the real world.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
15-05-2015, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2015 08:22 AM by Chas.)
(14-05-2015 03:07 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 08:56 AM)Shinosky Wrote:  Source this if you are going to state it please.

Source: The Bible. That story about the guy who gets his employer to agree to give him all the spotted calves as his salary, and then he shows spots to the pregnant cows and they all have spotted calves and he ends up rich. I'm not going to bother finding the chapter and verses. Anybody who's read the Bible remembers the story. And anyone who's not brain-dead knows that traits are not acquired by the mother looking at pictures.

Genesis 30:38 - 41

38 And he set the rods which he had pilled before the flocks in the gutters in the watering troughs when the flocks came to drink, that they should conceive when they came to drink.
39 And the flocks conceived before the rods, and brought forth cattle ringstraked, speckled, and spotted.
40 And Jacob did separate the lambs, and set the faces of the flocks toward the ringstraked, and all the brown in the flock of Laban; and he put his own flocks by themselves, and put them not unto Laban's cattle.
41 And it came to pass, whensoever the stronger cattle did conceive, that Jacob laid the rods before the eyes of the cattle in the gutters, that they might conceive among the rods.

Edit: Ninja'd by unfogged. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-05-2015, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2015 08:24 AM by Chas.)
(14-05-2015 09:19 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 01:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  Prove it. Show how you reason it out.

No

Because you are unable to. You haven't reasoned this, just memorized it.
Try again or just piss off. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-05-2015, 08:23 AM
(15-05-2015 08:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 09:19 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  No

Then just piss off. Drinking Beverage

But Jesus LOVES you Dodgy #shinyshit #motherfucker

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-05-2015, 10:00 AM
(14-05-2015 01:06 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 11:54 AM)Esquilax Wrote:  So do you just not know how to read, or do you just ignore anything that doesn't fit into your insanely literalist interpretation of the world? Because I clearly said you were acting that way, not that you were saying those things.

You telling me how I am acting is a form of control. You don't control me. I would think you would know better than that. #ForReal #OpenUp

Oh, just fuck off already, you ridiculous douchecanoe! Angry
15-05-2015, 04:05 PM
(14-05-2015 09:24 PM)Shinosky Wrote:  look at how all you guys fight for your belief that there is no God. I just chill knowing that there is. #ComeOnNow

If God's real, how come you're not a pro golfer by now? I know you've been praying for it.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-05-2015, 08:41 PM
(15-05-2015 04:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

If God's real, how come you're not a pro golfer by now? I know you've been praying for it.

Lol. I am a professional golfer. I also am a web developer, freelance designer, and delagator. US Open Local Qualifying is this week. I'm excited.