Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2012, 01:56 AM
RE: Can anyone explain how this wasn't God?
(03-03-2012 01:51 AM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  
(03-03-2012 01:33 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Speaking of Moses and Pharaoh, God forced Pharaoh to sin.

Exodus 9:12
12 And the LORD hardened Pharaoh’s heart, and he did not listen to them, just as the LORD had spoken to Moses.

He didnt force him to sin, in fact god gave him numerous chances, and he still didnt let gods people worship him, in return Now the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart - Before he had hardened his own heart, and resisted the grace of God, and now God justly gave him up to his own heart's lusts, to strong delusions, permitting Satan to blind and harden him. Wilful hardness is commonly punished with judicial hardness. Let us dread this as the sorest judgment a man can be under on this side hell,God gave him up to judicial hardness of heart, to his own corruptions, the temptations of Satan, and the lying magicians about him, to make an ill use of everything that offered to him, and put a wrong construction on all that befell him, so that whatever was said to him, or inflicted on him, made no impression to any purpose

Go ahead and argue with St. Paul.

Romans 9:16-18
16 So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy. 17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “FOR THIS VERY PURPOSE I RAISED YOU UP, TO DEMONSTRATE MY POWER IN YOU, AND THAT MY NAME MIGHT BE PROCLAIMED THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE EARTH.” 18 So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires.

Pay special close attention to v18.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2012, 02:22 AM
(03-03-2012 01:56 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(03-03-2012 01:51 AM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  
(03-03-2012 01:33 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Speaking of Moses and Pharaoh, God forced Pharaoh to sin.

Exodus 9:12
12 And the LORD hardened Pharaoh’s heart, and he did not listen to them, just as the LORD had spoken to Moses.

He didnt force him to sin, in fact god gave him numerous chances, and he still didnt let gods people worship him, in return Now the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart - Before he had hardened his own heart, and resisted the grace of God, and now God justly gave him up to his own heart's lusts, to strong delusions, permitting Satan to blind and harden him. Wilful hardness is commonly punished with judicial hardness. Let us dread this as the sorest judgment a man can be under on this side hell,God gave him up to judicial hardness of heart, to his own corruptions, the temptations of Satan, and the lying magicians about him, to make an ill use of everything that offered to him, and put a wrong construction on all that befell him, so that whatever was said to him, or inflicted on him, made no impression to any purpose

Go ahead and argue with St. Paul.

Romans 9:16-18
16 So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy. 17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “FOR THIS VERY PURPOSE I RAISED YOU UP, TO DEMONSTRATE MY POWER IN YOU, AND THAT MY NAME MIGHT BE PROCLAIMED THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE EARTH.” 18 So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires.

Pay special close attention to v18.

im not arguing man, i jus want you to believe which is why im still up, im prayin for you man , and sure that was gods plan for pharoh, but he rebelled and when you rebell your heart hard is hard because your still in that sin nature, but when you decide to repent this is what happens to you http://biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?qui...ersion=NLT You can always turn back man, if you couldnt that wouldnt be unconditional love, now this is what happens when your heart is hardened http://biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?qui...ersion=NLT ,, god is real and he loves and wants to have a relationship with all of us, and he is a bestfriend trust me because alot of people that was in my life are gone and im alone everyday allday spending time with god, he talks to me all the time, he gives me many signs and he makes me whole and fear and worry free, thats the life he called us to live, just stand on his promise
03-03-2012, 02:35 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2012 02:38 AM by kingschosen.)
(03-03-2012 02:22 AM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  im not arguing man, i jus want you to believe which is why im still up, im prayin for you man , and sure that was gods plan for pharoh, but he rebelled and when you rebell your heart hard is hard because your still in that sin nature, but when you decide to repent this is what happens to you http://biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?qui...ersion=NLT You can always turn back man, if you couldnt that wouldnt be unconditional love, now this is what happens when your heart is hardened http://biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?qui...ersion=NLT ,, god is real and he loves and wants to have a relationship with all of us, and he is a bestfriend trust me because alot of people that was in my life are gone and im alone everyday allday spending time with god, he talks to me all the time, he gives me many signs and he makes me whole and fear and worry free, thats the life he called us to live, just stand on his promise

I think now I understand why atheists get so frustrated with Christians.

Nothing you have posted says that salvation is for all, in fact, you haven't even attempted to defend your claim after I refute it.

The Ezekiel verse is talking about Regeneration - which is only for the elect.

The Hebrews verse is implicitly talking to the believers and no one else (v1).

You enter this forum preaching - without building relationships - pretentiously saying that "we" need to humble ourselves before God.

As a fellow Christian, I am hoping you can see how arrogant you come across. Not to mention, your ignorance of scripture and what it says.

Yes, God's love is unconditional; however, it's not for everyone. Christ's atonement was only for some. It was sufficient for all, but it was only applied to the elect.
Also, again, please stop quoting from a dynamic translation. They are terribly flawed.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
03-03-2012, 02:42 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2012 02:46 AM by bjgodsimage.)
03-03-2012, 02:46 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2012 02:48 AM by kingschosen.)
(03-03-2012 02:42 AM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  i actually did, but imma say it again, now you clearly believe the word, because you find meaning in them, so just meditate on this John 3:16 For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. EVERYONE this verse is the most famous verse for a reason, because its for everyone, and its free, salvation is freely given to anyone that accepts it, i apologize if i seem arrogant

Irrefutable proof that you did not read.
Reply #67 I wrote:

Quote:
Again, study your Greek. In John 3:16, the phrase "whosoever will" is not in the original language. The Greek literally reads "the believing ones". In essence, even John 3:16 limits the atonement and the purpose of the coming of Christ to only "the believing ones". These believing one, elect, are found scattered all throughout the world in every nation, tribe, and tongue.

It literally reads, "in order that all the believing ones in him" the "believing ones" is a participle that is being used as a noun to refer to a specific group of people.

Also, ‎"all" does not mean "whosoever". Furthermore, in the sentence structure "pas" is an adjective that describes the participle "believing ones" and thus describes "all" in that specific group, ie, the believing ones, not every individual that ever lived.

John 3:16

Edit: If you are going to argue scripture, please do not quote from a dynamic translation.

03-03-2012, 02:58 AM
(03-03-2012 02:46 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(03-03-2012 02:42 AM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  i actually did, but imma say it again, now you clearly believe the word, because you find meaning in them, so just meditate on this John 3:16 For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. EVERYONE this verse is the most famous verse for a reason, because its for everyone, and its free, salvation is freely given to anyone that accepts it, i apologize if i seem arrogant

Irrefutable proof that you did not read.
Reply #67 I wrote:

Quote:
Again, study your Greek. In John 3:16, the phrase "whosoever will" is not in the original language. The Greek literally reads "the believing ones". In essence, even John 3:16 limits the atonement and the purpose of the coming of Christ to only "the believing ones". These believing one, elect, are found scattered all throughout the world in every nation, tribe, and tongue.

It literally reads, "in order that all the believing ones in him" the "believing ones" is a participle that is being used as a noun to refer to a specific group of people.

Also, ‎"all" does not mean "whosoever". Furthermore, in the sentence structure "pas" is an adjective that describes the participle "believing ones" and thus describes "all" in that specific group, ie, the believing ones, not every individual that ever lived.

John 3:16

Edit: If you are going to argue scripture, please do not quote from a dynamic translation.

it is not like that man. there is no digging in a scripture thats plain and simple, christ came to save all,, Job 36:5 Behold, God is mighty, and despiseth not any: he is mighty in strength and wisdom, he despiseth no man, none, and why would he waste his time creating you from the very beginning if he did, jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew[a] you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations. you refers to everyone who read that scripture and believes it
03-03-2012, 03:08 AM
(03-03-2012 02:58 AM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  it is not like that man. there is no digging in a scripture thats plain and simple, christ came to save all,, Job 36:5 Behold, God is mighty, and despiseth not any: he is mighty in strength and wisdom, he despiseth no man, none, and why would he waste his time creating you from the very beginning if he did, jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew[a] you,
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations. you refers to everyone who read that scripture and believes it

JOb 36:5 in Hebrew does not have "any" in it. That word is added in English for easier reading. The verse literally says, "God is mighty does not despise God is mighty in understanding."

In Jeremiah, he is addressing the chosen.

And, yes, it IS extremely important to find out what the original language says. Modern translations (mostly dynamic translations) are horribly flawed and errant.

03-03-2012, 03:17 AM
(03-03-2012 03:08 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(03-03-2012 02:58 AM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  it is not like that man. there is no digging in a scripture thats plain and simple, christ came to save all,, Job 36:5 Behold, God is mighty, and despiseth not any: he is mighty in strength and wisdom, he despiseth no man, none, and why would he waste his time creating you from the very beginning if he did, jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew[a] you,

JOb 36:5 in Hebrew does not have "any" in it. That word is added in English for easier reading. The verse literally says, "God is mighty does not despise God is mighty in understanding."

In Jeremiah, he is addressing the chosen.

And, yes, it IS extremely important to find out what the original language says. Modern translations (mostly dynamic translations) are horribly flawed and errant.

no man, your breathing because he loves you, and not even your disbelief can seperate you from it Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?, so at a bigger perspective when gods love came down and rescued you from the law of sin and death Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death... thats why before the death of christ when you sin, you die. So with that said, Why arent you dead yet? honestly? because youre a sinner, and the wages of sin is death
03-03-2012, 03:24 AM
(03-03-2012 03:17 AM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  no man, your breathing because he loves you, and not even your disbelief can seperate you from it Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?, so at a bigger perspective when gods love came down and rescued you from the law of sin and death Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death... thats why before the death of christ when you sin, you die. So with that said, Why arent you dead yet? honestly? because youre a sinner, and the wages of sin is death

Okay, holy crap, you're impossible.

Your scripture references are non-sequitur, taken out of context, bastardized, misinterpreted, and flawed.

I'm assuming the only theology training you've had is Sunday School and/or what your pastor/parents have told you. Correct?

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
03-03-2012, 03:44 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2012 03:47 AM by bjgodsimage.)
(03-03-2012 03:24 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(03-03-2012 03:17 AM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  no man, your breathing because he loves you, and not even your disbelief can seperate you from it Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?, so at a bigger perspective when gods love came down and rescued you from the law of sin and death Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death... thats why before the death of christ when you sin, you die. So with that said, Why arent you dead yet? honestly? because youre a sinner, and the wages of sin is death

Your scripture references are non-sequitur, taken out of context, bastardized, misinterpreted, and flawed.

I'm assuming the only theology training you've had is Sunday School and/or what your pastor/parents have told you. Correct?

its not its just more facts, there is no theology, the bible is the truth and everything in it is for everyone, Psalms 150:6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

(03-03-2012 03:44 AM)bjgodsimage Wrote:  
(03-03-2012 03:24 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

its not its just more facts, there is no theology, the bible is the truth and everything in it is for everyone, Psalms 150:6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

you only breathe because he loves you, now because you breathe praise him its not its just more facts, there is no theology, the bible is the truth and everything in it is for everyone, Psalms 150:6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.