Can anyone explain this to me?!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Bug Can anyone explain this to me?!?
Why is it that religious people, and in my case christians, wait until the worst possible time to persecute, argue with, and bash my beliefs not only on thanksgiving week, but when I am currently in the hospital fighting back from a near fatal case of E-coli and Pneumonia. These people who I thought loved me and cared about me, as a family should, have done nothing but told me that i am wrong, and if my sickness kills me, that I will burn in a lake a fire and brimstone. So can anyone explain that to me? No Huh Weeping Consider

"IT'S CALLED FAITH BECAUSE IT'S NOT KNOWLEDGE"-Christopher Hitchens
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2012, 03:57 PM
RE: Can anyone explain this to me?!?
[Image: 20091016.gif]

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 12 users Like Phaedrus's post
23-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Oh dear Sad Sorry to hear about your near miss with death. Wow!

This whole bit about Christians saying when things are down that it's a sign is nuts! We ALL have down times. It's not a sign or a reason from God. It just happens, and it's shitty and hopefully we can get as far away from the tragedy as possible. Instead of having an agenda it is better to say do you need anything, can I do something for you and hold my hand. But to a Christian life is never about just them and their loved ones. There is always an invisible middle man ready to control everything.
[+] 5 users Like LadyJane's post
23-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Well from my perspective, Christians are programmed to believe it's "God's Will" you're going through your trouble and you can only be "delievered through Him" (A doctor who cuts you to sells you a band aid). Thanksgiving is a reflection of the "Goodness of Jesus, and all he has done for you." So you should know that. LOL
[+] 2 users Like Reason OverRituals's post
23-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Or, since they believe there is a hell, they don't want you to go there, so they are trying to save you.

Annoying at best, torture at worst - but they don't get that. They want you in heaven.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
23-11-2012, 10:48 PM
"Dictatorial and totalitarian":

No fire or brimstone:

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
24-11-2012, 04:25 AM

Well...I don't mean to fart in the elevator here, but it's pretty clear that if you were to say to Jesus, "I don't believe God exists and I never will," he'd tell you you were going to hell. He might even have some more choice words for you. After all, you not only have to believe in God, you have to believe he is the Son of God to escape hell.

Since, unarguably, Jesus Christ is the most important human to have ever lived, his opinion carries a lot of weight.

My suggestion? If you're going to be an atheist--don't die. Evil_monster

P.S. Can we please get a wider array of emoticons. I feel unable to express myself emotionally with what we have. No
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
24-11-2012, 05:14 AM
Ed,
Correction:

Jesus Christ is the most important portmanteau character to ever have lived, perhaps.

I'm using this emotion right now... Ennui.

Yes

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
24-11-2012, 05:24 AM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2012 05:28 AM by Free Thought.)
Wait a second...

The Cosmic, Fig Tree Hating, Supposed Know-It-All, Zombie Jew, God-Man Hybrid was, unarguably, the most important human to have ever lived?

WHAT?!?!

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
24-11-2012, 05:55 AM
(24-11-2012 05:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Wait a second...

The Cosmic, Fig Tree Hating, Supposed Know-It-All, Zombie Jew, God-Man Hybrid was, unarguably, the most important human to have ever lived?

WHAT?!?!

Yup, I can live with "unarguably" if "important" equates to... biggest influence in fucking up the most lives.

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Can someone explain... smileXsmileXsmile 18 420 Yesterday 09:39 AM
Last Post: atheistsince1950
  Trying To Explain Differences Between Faith, Science, Laws And Theories WindyCityJazz 5 106 20-07-2014 07:27 AM
Last Post: goodwithoutgod
  How do you explain this to a Christian? Shadow Fox 17 382 03-05-2014 09:09 PM
Last Post: Minimalist
  how can i explain this? sophonian 17 439 07-04-2014 07:55 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Can a believer explain the justice of the original sins curses? Reltzik 61 1,584 23-12-2013 10:20 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Reasoned faith? Please explain BlackMason 27 800 21-12-2013 07:24 PM
Last Post: Hafnof
  How do you explain death to a child? J-Hova 24 500 15-11-2013 08:05 AM
Last Post: WitchSabrina