Can anyone say Master Cosmos positively does not exist with absolute certainty?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2014, 01:52 PM
RE: Can anyone say Master Cosmos positively does not exist with absolute certainty?
(25-12-2014 01:48 PM)TheSinkingAtheist Wrote:  
(25-12-2014 10:55 AM)Free Wrote:  Please learn to use paragraphs and place a space between them when you post, otherwise all I see is one big run-on sentence that appears to be nonsense.

TLDR applies here.
Yea, why would i care how it appears to u? Dont read it.....I had paragraph indentations but i copied and pasted from another app and the structure fell apart.
If I said that I don't care that you don't care, would you care?

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2014, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2014 02:27 PM by TheSinkingAtheist.)
RE: Can anyone say Master Cosmos positively does not exist with absolute certainty?
I guess the point i was trying to make is why not make the claim god doesnt exist.....In a formal debate take whatever position you must take.... if you're just worried about winning. Maybe we're getting too caught up in avoiding the shifting of the burden of proof? I welcome the question "can u prove god doesnt exist"! Really? Disprove something that has never been proven to exist? Its a nonsensical question. We know they are talking about the god of the bible and we know that its man made. But it still doesnt prove that god doesnt exist? I beg to differ. How can a man made god exist?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-12-2014, 02:33 PM
(25-12-2014 02:22 PM)TheSinkingAtheist Wrote:  I guess the point i was trying to make is why not make the claim god doesnt exist.....In a formal debate take whatever position you must take.... if you're just worried about winning.

The problem, especially in a formal debate, is that you run up against the whole "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" tar pit. It's false when evidence would be expected but in arguing generic god claims it is difficult to agree on what evidence would be expected. If you are arguing against a specific god claim then it can work.

Quote:Maybe we're getting too caught up in avoiding the shifting of the burden of proof? I welcome the question "can u prove god doesnt exist"! Really?

Once you do that then you can easily end up at an impasse. You have to grant that their not being able to prove it is no different than your not being able to disprove it. That's not how claims of fact work and you are ceding ground that you do not need to cede.

Quote:Disprove something that has never been proven to exist? Its a nonsensical question

Remember that for many theists the proposition that god doesn't exist is equally nonsensical to them.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
25-12-2014, 02:58 PM
(25-12-2014 11:34 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-12-2014 11:25 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Your gawd is indeed a very powerful gawd, and generous too, and oh so sweet!

BUT

Too much of your gawd and your teeth rot and you get fat and become dehydrated.
http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/disadvan...-2308.html

...other than those minor things...Wink

Moderation my friend. I have my teeth and they are not rotten, I am certainly not fat, and they actually got blood from me easily a couple weeks ago so dehydration isn't an issue.

Your argument is invalid. Tongue

I hear it turns gorgeous red hair orange. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
25-12-2014, 06:17 PM
(25-12-2014 11:03 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I worship the gawd of Pepsi since it pays my mortgage and provides health insurance.

The Coca-Cola gawd is a false god.

[Image: smiley-eatdrink014.gif]

Heretic!

Pepsi is Cokes equal and opposite! Pepsi is Satan figure! The only way we can reach Master Cosmos is by communing with his first begotten son: The Freshmaker!

(I'm writing this with a cold can of Pepsi Max in my hand.)

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.