Can graphics get better?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Can graphics get better?

With Battlefield III being almost a year old now, the Frostbite II engine considered to be the best current graphics engine. Can graphics get any better than this?

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
30-09-2012, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2012 04:59 PM by houseofcantor.)
RE: Can graphics get better?
Of course. Plug that shit right into the old dome... Big Grin

But yeah, more polygons, more frames, more resolution... more more more. Big Grin

after scoping the vid, there's an unnatural consistency to the reflected shine right from jump, so...

But, sweet vid. Thumbsup

Sure beats moving around a square holding a sword on a black background like that Adventure game I used to play on the Atari.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
30-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Funny, I just updated and started playing BF3 again last night after not playing for some time.

As for graphics? Sure, LA Norie anyone? Youtube how they made that shit it will fuck your mind.

They always say "can graphics get better", they've said that about all the big graphics games of the time.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
30-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Yeah I'm always seeing graphical improvements.

Battlefield 3 looks alright. I will not likely participate in the next spate of consoles however. Sexy graphics or not.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-09-2012, 05:28 PM
(30-09-2012 05:19 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Yeah I'm always seeing graphical improvements.

Battlefield 3 looks alright. I will not likely participate in the next spate of consoles however. Sexy graphics or not.

That's why you get it for PC.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
30-09-2012, 05:39 PM
PC gaming isn't for me. It was once upon an age ago. But now that I'm older and much poorer I'm all about the ease of console gaming.

I have nothing against PC gaming other than the speed to which it advances in tech, but console gaming is so much more brainless. Turn on, disc in, controller on... play. Repeat for roughly 6 years without a hitch (so long as you don't get a malfunction) I know that any game with the old xbox logo will work for me without having to do more than download an update or two.
With PC there is a bit more that transpires. It's easy enough to stay on top of but ti is still more work than nothing at all.

I am not a fan of the download generation. It isn't my style. I like hard copies. I like cool game packages with neato booklets. The next gen of consoles looks to be going the way of downoad only. If that's even half the case I'm out.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
30-09-2012, 07:10 PM
(30-09-2012 05:39 PM)lucradis Wrote:  PC gaming isn't for me. It was once upon an age ago. But now that I'm older and much poorer I'm all about the ease of console gaming.

I have nothing against PC gaming other than the speed to which it advances in tech, but console gaming is so much more brainless. Turn on, disc in, controller on... play. Repeat for roughly 6 years without a hitch (so long as you don't get a malfunction) I know that any game with the old xbox logo will work for me without having to do more than download an update or two.
With PC there is a bit more that transpires. It's easy enough to stay on top of but ti is still more work than nothing at all.

I am not a fan of the download generation. It isn't my style. I like hard copies. I like cool game packages with neato booklets. The next gen of consoles looks to be going the way of downoad only. If that's even half the case I'm out.

Yeah I know exactly where you're coming from that's why I was so heavily into console gaming in my teens.
But ever since last year when I built my own computer, something decent, PC gaming is the way to go. Not only are graphics better but you can Mod, you can pick servers for online games (as opposed to say CoD's player to player system. But in theory you should be able to pick servers, use to do it back in the day on ps2), you have more controls which means more in-depth games, you can actually play RTS games on PC (console RTS games are fucking awful).

The downside being obviously you need a good machine to run new games which is expensive (compared to console) BUT, you can use it for other things (office, web surfing, photoshop etc..).
I think once you are past the initial start-up fee and have a good rig, then PC just blows console right out of the water.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
04-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Can graphics get better? Hell yes. Wait until hardware can handle high-end raytracing techniques using tessellated geometry on a 4k resolution screen with massive textures, antialiasing, and anisotropic filtering.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
05-10-2012, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2012 08:11 AM by Vosur.)
Yes, without a single doubt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voxel
05-10-2012, 11:49 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2012 11:52 PM by earmuffs.)
(05-10-2012 08:01 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Yes, without a single doubt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voxel

No way.
Voxels take up enormous amounts of space and require very powerful computers to run.
You could never do something like Skyrim using voxels, hell you couldn't even do something very linear with voxels.

Polygons work just fine in the games department, voxels may have their uses but it certainly isn't in gaming.

This is where the future is at: