Can i hate god?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2012, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2012 04:34 PM by Stark Raving.)
Can i hate god?
[font=Times New Roman]

here a question i want to know...can i hate god? you see i am a fan of the amazing atheist and he dislikes "god" (i am supposing in general). can you guys help me out?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2012, 04:36 PM
RE: Can i hate god?
Welcome to the forum Gamer

Just a heads up, I removed your link to your YouTube channel for now. We prefer users to get involved a little first, just to ensure no ones using their account just to advertise. Don't worry though, as soon as we get to know ya a little, we'll even let you put a link in your sig.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
29-08-2012, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2012 05:29 PM by Atothetheist.)
Yes, I do believe so,in a sense

the influence of the Idea of God is very big, and can, and does cause immense damage to the world, and to education.

At least that is my opinion.

You can hate the idea of God, which is something I hate.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
29-08-2012, 04:45 PM
If you're an atheist, you can't hate god, as you can't hate something that doesn't exist. You can hate the concept of a god though, as it wouldn't require believing there is a god. I mean I guess a person may say they hate god that they don't believe exists, but it'd be like saying "I hate bigfoot" or "I hate leprechauns" or santa claus, the tooth fairy...

If you're a theist, then sure, you can hate a god. If you worship the god and hate the god it'd be odd though.
[+] 3 users Like elemts's post
29-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Are you having trouble understanding your emotions ?
I usually know when I love something or when I hate something.
It's difficult for me to hate people that no longer exist or to hate things that don't exist at all.
I hate certain ideas. I hate it when people gravely hurt other people without cause or without a justified cause.
Some people harm other people or even kill them because they believe their god wants them to.

If a god, specifically the christian god does exist, then yes, I think you can be justified for hating those actions attributed to that god.

If I want to, I can hate unicorns. I can spend time trying to devise traps that will capture them so I can end their reign of terror.
Now that's only if I want to. Unicorns don't exist, in the same way that gods don't exist.

You can hate a god if you want to. What god do you want to hate ? and why ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
29-08-2012, 05:05 PM
You can hate if you want... but there's nothing really there to hate. Kind of a moot point.

I would just say focus on the world that you can tell is here. Focus on yourself. And focus on your fellow human beings. There's really nothing there to hate. Just an opinion - mine. You can make up your own. Glad you could make it here.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
29-08-2012, 05:14 PM
(29-08-2012 04:12 PM)TheAtheistGamer100 Wrote:  [font=Times New Roman]

here a question i want to know...can i hate god? you see i am a fan of the amazing atheist and he dislikes "god" (i am supposing in general). can you guys help me out?
You can be like me and hate the idea of a god.

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Science Believer's post
29-08-2012, 05:21 PM
(29-08-2012 04:36 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Welcome to the forum Gamer

Just a heads up, I removed your link to your YouTube channel for now. We prefer users to get involved a little first, just to ensure no ones using their account just to advertise. Don't worry though, as soon as we get to know ya a little, we'll even let you put a link in your sig.

okay thanks.
29-08-2012, 05:23 PM
(29-08-2012 05:14 PM)Science Believer Wrote:  
(29-08-2012 04:12 PM)TheAtheistGamer100 Wrote:  [font=Times New Roman]

You can be like me and hate the idea of a god.

okay.
29-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Sure, you can hate god. Why not? He's a big meanie.

I hate Harry Potter. Like god, he's not real, but he's a whiney self-absorbed little twat who won't shut up about his feelings and goes on and on about how he's the chosen one and everyone should love him, and cries when they realise he's a brat. And he's always on about "look at me, I'm going to save everyone", but then he instead gets good solid characters killed and goes on stealing the show. Who the fuck likes this wanker? He should have been killed by Voldemort at age 1, and the books should have been called The Adventures of Ron and Hermione, and they should have been all about centaurs and dragons and all the cool stuff, instead of some whiney little brat with a hero complex!

And I hate god too!

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor