Can it be done?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2016, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2016 05:26 PM by TechnoMonkey.)
Can it be done?
Just for fun, let us see if we can overflow the ark with "all" kinds by cheating.

14 dogs (includes wolves, foxes, etc.)
14 cats (includes panthers, lions, tigers, etc.)
4 pigs (includes hogs, javelina, boar, etc.)

Got it? We are assuming the divergent species evolved in a couple thousand years.

14 rabbits
14 chickens
14 monkeys
14 elephants
14 rhinos
14 bears
14 oxen (cows, buffalo, etc.)
4 eagles (birds of prey)
4 ducks (water fowl)
4 bats
14 goats

It sure won't take long even at this level of skimming.

(for those that need the info, 14 - seven and seven, male and female, of all kinds of clean beasts and fowls / 4 - two and two, male and female, of all kinds of beasts and fowls that are not clean)

"They think, therefore I am" - god
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2016, 05:38 PM
RE: Can it be done?
I don't get it. Hobo.......Banana_zorro.........Crickets

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
06-07-2016, 05:57 PM
There is no god, there was no flood and there is no way the animals could be fit onto the ark if it were made, so this is all pretend.

If we reduce the count to just basic groups of animals, I expect that even then, only a small portion of the animals could be carried on the biblical ark.

[+] 1 user Likes TechnoMonkey's post
06-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Yup, it's utterly absurd. Not much need to make the effort. Hand this to your average five year old and you get:

- Why didn't God just make the bad people go away/be good?
- Where did all the water come from/go to?
- Where did they put all the animals?

And there's a good reason that your average five year old can poke holes in that steaming heap of bullshit.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
06-07-2016, 06:34 PM
(06-07-2016 05:22 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  Just for fun, let us see if we can overflow the ark with "all" kinds by cheating.

14 dogs (includes wolves, foxes, etc.)
14 cats (includes panthers, lions, tigers, etc.)
4 pigs (includes hogs, javelina, boar, etc.)

Got it? We are assuming the divergent species evolved in a couple thousand years.

14 rabbits
14 chickens
14 monkeys
14 elephants
14 rhinos
14 bears
14 oxen (cows, buffalo, etc.)
4 eagles (birds of prey)
4 ducks (water fowl)
4 bats
14 goats

It sure won't take long even at this level of skimming.

(for those that need the info, 14 - seven and seven, male and female, of all kinds of clean beasts and fowls / 4 - two and two, male and female, of all kinds of beasts and fowls that are not clean)

Without looking it up my memory was two by two of the most animals and seven each of the clean animals. Clean being defined as the edible ones, which does not include pigs, rabbits or ducks. That was so the family could have something to eat during the 40 days and 40 nights and a few extras for sacrifices so God could have the smell of it wafting up to Him after the people got out of the ark. Don't know how God got along without the smell of death for the time they were inside the ark.
06-07-2016, 06:36 PM
(06-07-2016 06:34 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Don't know how God got along without the smell of death for the time they were inside the ark.

He could smell all the dead bodies under the water.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
06-07-2016, 07:19 PM
(06-07-2016 06:34 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Don't know how God got along without the smell of death for the time they were inside the ark.

That was a consistent theme. Nothing god liked better than a bar-b-que.

06-07-2016, 07:55 PM
So four of each kind of non-clean animal? Just list them off?

4 bees
4 ants
4 mantises (manti?)
4 flies
4 mosquitoes
4 frogs
4 tapeworms
4 moths
4 butterflies
4 termites
4 wasps
4 fleas

and already this is uncomfortable.
06-07-2016, 08:20 PM
So are we talking about pairs? Like two pigs ended up being boars? So that's one "pair" of boars? We're talking about billions of species here so if we assume all these animals were just always made that way by God, then there were already two boars on board, most devout Xians don't believe in evolution so they would have to believe every current species had a pair on that ark.

The big issue would be all the animals that have since gone extinct, so not only every animal and bug known to man currently but also thousands of years ago. I've heard some Xians try to equate mass extinction events that occurred hundreds of thousands of years ago to the flood, as if Noah just didn't have that much room left. It's so cute when they try to use science, most of those extinctions were actually millions of years ago, not thousands when the Ark story supposedly happened but hey, that would take actual carbon dating and research, they don't believe in all that hogwash.

The real question is,what about all the plants? They couldn't survive that long under water plus all the plants they needed to feed the animals, bamboo for the Pandas, eucalyptus for the Koalas, etc.

Poking holes in the ark story is pretty fun, I could do this all day long, I honestly wonder how many Xians actually believe it happened or if it was an allegory/symbolism? I hope not many but I'd be wrong. I bet most believe it and then also believe we all descend from one incestuous family too, ewwww.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
06-07-2016, 08:26 PM
(06-07-2016 08:20 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  So are we talking about pairs? Like two pigs ended up being boars? So that's one "pair" of boars? We're talking about billions of species here so if we assume all these animals were just always made that way by God, then there were already two boars on board, most devout Xians don't believe in evolution so they would have to believe every current species had a pair on that ark.

The big issue would be all the animals that have since gone extinct, so not only every animal and bug known to man currently but also thousands of years ago. I've heard some Xians try to equate mass extinction events that occurred hundreds of thousands of years ago to the flood, as if Noah just didn't have that much room left. It's so cute when they try to use science, most of those extinctions were actually millions of years ago, not thousands when the Ark story supposedly happened but hey, that would take actual carbon dating and research, they don't believe in all that hogwash.

The real question is,what about all the plants? They couldn't survive that long under water plus all the plants they needed to feed the animals, bamboo for the Pandas, eucalyptus for the Koalas, etc.

Poking holes in the ark story is pretty fun, I could do this all day long, I honestly wonder how many Xians actually believe it happened or if it was an allegory/symbolism? I hope not many but I'd be wrong. I bet most believe it and then also believe we all descend from one incestuous family too, ewwww.

noah had one hell of a greenhouse on board.