Can it be done?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2016, 08:41 PM
RE: Can it be done?

Just how exactly are we defining a "kind"? Are insects all of one kind, or do they need to be separate? Is a rat a separate kind from a mouse? This will greatly impact the numbers involved.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2016, 08:51 PM
(06-07-2016 08:41 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  ....

Just how exactly are we defining a "kind"? Are insects all of one kind, or do they need to be separate? Is a rat a separate kind from a mouse? This will greatly impact the numbers involved.

If it looks the same. Very technical stuff, I know.
06-07-2016, 10:52 PM
You can fit a very large number of imaginary animals on an imaginary arc that floats on extra imaginary water created by an imaginary god , but why would you want to ?

Go have a beer

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
06-07-2016, 11:08 PM
(06-07-2016 10:52 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  You can fit a very large number of imaginary animals on an imaginary arc that floats on extra imaginary water created by an imaginary god , but why would you want to ?

Go have a beer

Well, Noah got shitfaced afterwards.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
06-07-2016, 11:46 PM
(06-07-2016 11:08 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(06-07-2016 10:52 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  You can fit a very large number of imaginary animals on an imaginary arc that floats on extra imaginary water created by an imaginary god , but why would you want to ?

Go have a beer

Well, Noah got shitfaced afterwards.

And then had to fuck his daughters to repopulate the world. God sure likes incest.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
06-07-2016, 11:53 PM
No...

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
07-07-2016, 05:23 AM
I forget where I saw it --- online somewhere -- that somebody'd done the math -- and figured the "ark" dimensionally - and not counting internal structure (apparently the laws of physics are suspended for this "god" fella -- so who needs internal bracing for a 600 foot long wooden ship???) --- but going purely by the size of the "ark" --- if you were to take all the species involved of domestic and wild animals --- and liquified them - so they would use the least storage area --- the STILL would overflow......... The INSECTS wouldn't all fit.........

Get real....

It's a children's bedtime fucking story -- and not even a good one.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
07-07-2016, 06:51 AM
(07-07-2016 05:23 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I forget where I saw it --- online somewhere -- that somebody'd done the math -- and figured the "ark" dimensionally - and not counting internal structure (apparently the laws of physics are suspended for this "god" fella -- so who needs internal bracing for a 600 foot long wooden ship???) --- but going purely by the size of the "ark" --- if you were to take all the species involved of domestic and wild animals --- and liquified them - so they would use the least storage area --- the STILL would overflow......... The INSECTS wouldn't all fit.........

Get real....

It's a children's bedtime fucking story -- and not even a good one.....

the bible is a sorry pathetic excuse for a story book, even after all its revisions and editing it still can't hold a coherent concept let alone a decent plot

there are more WTF is this crazy/stupid character thinking/doing moments in it than anything else
07-07-2016, 08:30 AM
(06-07-2016 08:20 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  The real question is,what about all the plants? They couldn't survive that long under water plus all the plants they needed to feed the animals, bamboo for the Pandas, eucalyptus for the Koalas, etc.

Yeah, the whole food thing is definitely an issue, so I guess the "kinds" of animals should be those that can hibernate long enough for the water plants to evolve back into land plants. A thousand years or so? Yeah, right.

Even assuming a few thousand years for evolution to develop the billions of species we have now days, the number of animals required still exceeds any capacity of the ark.

"They think, therefore I am" - god
07-07-2016, 02:51 PM
[Image: latest?cb=20151217014352]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 5 users Like Commonsensei's post