Can matter be created from non-matter?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2013, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2013 08:35 PM by Jeffasaurus.)
RE: Can matter be created from non-matter?
(21-09-2013 08:26 PM)theword Wrote:  
(21-09-2013 08:22 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  Evolution is simply one species evolving into another. Nowhere in the official theory is the origin of life discussed. What you're mentioning here is called abiogenesis. It is separate from evolution. And neither are required by or directly pertain to atheism.

Oh... The picture of the stone dog is called humor. Try it sometime.
Sorry Jeff, this is not evolution. One species "evolving" form another does not explain where life came from.

I know. That's what I said. If you'd like to discuss the origin of life itself, quit bringing up evolution.
Try words like: abiogenesis, or panspermia.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2013, 08:33 PM
(21-09-2013 08:29 PM)nach_in Wrote:  What's non-matter wordy? are we side stepping ourselves huh? you're a hypocrite, your god will be so pleased Smile

Don't be so hard on Pookie. While he has changed the question 3 times at least now, he can't count that high yet. Jebus likes the little children, (I heard), even if they're dumb. He likes them to sit on his lap, (weird I know).
He'll learn to count to ten NEXT year.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
21-09-2013, 08:34 PM
(21-09-2013 07:12 PM)theword Wrote:  I look forward to see how you evolution-tards try and spin this one.

Bucky Ball answered this question directly very early in the thread, yet you keep going on as if there is more to discuss. In addition to virtual particles, we also know about pair production--high energy photons creating matter and anti-matter pairs such as electron-positron production.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pair_production

Your question was specifically whether matter can come from non-matter. In addition to matter coming from literally nothing--virtual particles--we have matter coming from the energy of electromagnetic radiation.
21-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Okay, new question: where did God come from?

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
21-09-2013, 08:41 PM
(21-09-2013 08:37 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  Okay, new question: where did God come from?

Man...no scratch that...many men.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
21-09-2013, 08:42 PM
(21-09-2013 08:37 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  Okay, new question: where did God come from?

I give up.
The jar ?

No wait. The rock-dog.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-09-2013, 08:43 PM
(21-09-2013 08:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Now Pookie, you can put this in you toy box, for when you get older.
It's by a Nobel Prize winner. He explains how it can happen. You won't understand this now, but maybe you will later, when you get big.

Great theory.... So great, it's widely accepted!
The problem is Bucky-Boy, no body agrees with your theories. You may think it makes sense, bit no one else does. The fact is that you cannot make something out of nothing- no matter how hard you try
21-09-2013, 08:45 PM
(21-09-2013 08:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Man...no scratch that...many men.
So you deny God? Is this correct? Do you support evolution?
21-09-2013, 08:50 PM
I do not believe in god.

I wasn't aware that the theory of evolution needed support from me...WTAF are you talking about.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
21-09-2013, 08:50 PM
(21-09-2013 08:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-09-2013 08:29 PM)nach_in Wrote:  What's non-matter wordy? are we side stepping ourselves huh? you're a hypocrite, your god will be so pleased Smile

Don't be so hard on Pookie. While he has changed the question 3 times at least now, he can't count that high yet. Jebus likes the little children, (I heard), even if they're dumb. He likes them to sit on his lap, (weird I know).
He'll learn to count to ten NEXT year.
Matter, in this case, is something tangible. Now, I know you will try to side-step the issue and debate this. But the fact is, you cannot create something "tangible" out of anything that is not "tangible". It can't happen, it never has happened.