Can matter be created from non-matter?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2013, 09:06 PM
RE: Can matter be created from non-matter?
(21-09-2013 08:26 PM)theword Wrote:  
(21-09-2013 08:23 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Nice side-step yourself. I'm presuming you have no answers, in fact I'm 99.9% sure you have no answers.

Gonna answer my question or you gonna keep trying to wriggle out of it? I'll keep asking if you don't.
Where did life come from?

Pure Number. There's a tipping point, a threshold value; where Number starts to think.

Theists not only desire to introduce an extraneous variable into the equation, but also the most complex extraneous variable. Even scripture speaks against this.

(21-09-2013 08:59 PM)theword Wrote:  
(21-09-2013 08:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We have been able to see evolution at work...you gawd remains absent.
We have never seen evolution.

We've never seen you evolve... Consider

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2013, 09:17 PM
Do you people realize you are creationists? It's true, I am not trying to be funny.
We both agree in evolution, although our definition of "evolution" may be different. We both agree that a dog came from a wolf. But the problem is: it is still a wolf-like creature. A bird did not come form a wolf.
Not one of you could tell me where life began, not even Darwin did that.- oh wait- he did mention "the creator".
Why don't you people admit that you hate God and leave it at that?
Find all posts by this user
21-09-2013, 09:19 PM
(21-09-2013 09:06 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(21-09-2013 08:26 PM)theword Wrote:  Where did life come from?

Pure Number. There's a tipping point, a threshold value; where Number starts to think.

Theists not only desire to introduce an extraneous variable into the equation, but also the most complex extraneous variable. Even scripture speaks against this.

We've never seen you evolve... Consider

And we never will.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
21-09-2013, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2013 09:22 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(21-09-2013 08:50 PM)theword Wrote:  
(21-09-2013 08:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Don't be so hard on Pookie. While he has changed the question 3 times at least now, he can't count that high yet. Jebus likes the little children, (I heard), even if they're dumb. He likes them to sit on his lap, (weird I know).
He'll learn to count to ten NEXT year.
Matter, in this case, is something tangible. Now, I know you will try to side-step the issue and debate this. But the fact is, you cannot create something "tangible" out of anything that is not "tangible". It can't happen, it never has happened.

Now Pookie. Don't be so dense. The fact that little ones like you don't get something doesn't mean they can't and don't happen. After the Big Bang, there were different equal amounts of anti-matter and matter. The matter won out, and eventually the hydrogen formed stars and when they went super-nova, heavy elements formed. You were not around to see anything, but things happen anyway. When you get out of diapers, and get all big, you will understand better. Matter and energy are interchangeable, sweetie. It's why big atom-bombs go "boom". Mommy will tell you about bombs when you get big. Now go find your teddy bear, and go to bed.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-09-2013, 09:20 PM
(21-09-2013 09:17 PM)theword Wrote:  Do you people realize you are creationists? It's true, I am not trying to be funny.
We both agree in evolution, although our definition of "evolution" may be different. We both agree that a dog came from a wolf. But the problem is: it is still a wolf-like creature. A bird did not come form a wolf.
Not one of you could tell me where life began, not even Darwin did that.- oh wait- he did mention "the creator".

I have a better idea: no.

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
21-09-2013, 09:22 PM
(21-09-2013 08:50 PM)theword Wrote:  
(21-09-2013 08:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Don't be so hard on Pookie. While he has changed the question 3 times at least now, he can't count that high yet. Jebus likes the little children, (I heard), even if they're dumb. He likes them to sit on his lap, (weird I know).
He'll learn to count to ten NEXT year.
Matter, in this case, is something tangible. Now, I know you will try to side-step the issue and debate this. But the fact is, you cannot create something "tangible" out of anything that is not "tangible". It can't happen, it never has happened.

You say something from nothing right? Riddle me this wordy, if there's nothing, absolutely nothing, then where did the rule that nothing can come from nothing came from?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
21-09-2013, 09:23 PM
(21-09-2013 09:17 PM)theword Wrote:  Do you people realize you are creationists? It's true, I am not trying to be funny.

I can't hate something that I don't believe in. Do you hate the Tooth Fairy? Do you hate Allah? Do you hate Ra?

Somehow you keep thinking that atheism, evolution and abiogenesis are interchangeable. Facepalm

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
21-09-2013, 09:23 PM
This is making my eye twitch. Extremely stupid people have that effect on me.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
21-09-2013, 09:25 PM
(21-09-2013 09:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-09-2013 08:50 PM)theword Wrote:  Matter, in this case, is something tangible. Now, I know you will try to side-step the issue and debate this. But the fact is, you cannot create something "tangible" out of anything that is not "tangible". It can't happen, it never has happened.

Now Pookie. Don't be so dense. The fact that little ones like you don't get something doesn't mean they can't and don't happen. After the Big Bang, there were different equal amounts of anti-matter and matter. The matter won out, and eventually the hydrogen formed stars and when they went super-nova, heavy elements formed. You were not around to see anything, but things happen anyway. When you get out of diapers, and get all big, you will understand better. Matter and energy are interchangeable, sweetie. It's why big atom-bombs go "boom". Mommy will tell you about bombs when you get big. Now go find your teddy bear, and go to bed.
Thanks Buckyboys, and I love it when you call me Pookies... you still are not answering the question of where the first matter came from
21-09-2013, 09:26 PM
(21-09-2013 09:23 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  

I can't hate something that I don't believe in. Do you hate the Tooth Fairy? Do you hate Allah? Do you hate Ra?

Somehow you keep thinking that atheism, evolution and abiogenesis are interchangeable. Facepalm
Thanks for the intelligent response.