Can members using google chrome comment on youtube videos?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Question Can members using google chrome comment on youtube videos?
It's been some time since youtube changed, and I still can't comment on videos using the google chrome browser. I had to switch over to another browser, which is working fine.

Clicking on the comment section just pops up a blank page, which then closes. And when I click the notification bell, a window pops up with a dead link saying to sign in, which doesn't work when you click on it.

I've updated gc, and reverted back to default settings, and it still doesn't work. Any gc users having similar issues? I can't find any information online.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2013, 02:47 PM
RE: Can members using google chrome comment on youtube videos?
(21-11-2013 02:43 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  It's been some time since youtube changed, and I still can't comment on videos using the google chrome browser. I had to switch over to another browser, which is working fine.

Clicking on the comment section just pops up a blank page, which then closes. And when I click the notification bell, a window pops up with a dead link saying to sign in, which doesn't work when you click on it.

I've updated gc, and reverted back to default settings, and it still doesn't work. Any gc users having similar issues? I can't find any information online.

I must be in the minority here but I have never felt the need to comment on anything on Youtube (save one time an irl friend uploaded something) I love the fact that the comments are now hidden and I don't have to be subjected to random stupidity unless I choose to be.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
21-11-2013, 05:37 PM
I use chrome on my PC at home. Youtube comments work just fine, there is an "also post on google+" thing that seems to be automatically checked and is kind of annoying to always unclick it first.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
21-11-2013, 05:38 PM
(21-11-2013 02:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 02:43 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  It's been some time since youtube changed, and I still can't comment on videos using the google chrome browser. I had to switch over to another browser, which is working fine.

I must be in the minority here but I have never felt the need to comment on anything on Youtube (save one time an irl friend uploaded something) I love the fact that the comments are now hidden and I don't have to be subjected to random stupidity unless I choose to be.

Comments aren't hidden... Huh
21-11-2013, 06:04 PM
I've never had a problem posting comments with chrome.

I've also never noticed hidden youtube comments. They always appear for me. Unsure
21-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Yup, no problems here either. Make sure your chrome is upgraded or try reinstalling :/

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
22-11-2013, 06:16 AM
It doesn't work for me on Chromium under Ubuntu, either:
https://groups.google.com/a/googleproduc...forums.com

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
22-11-2013, 06:39 AM
(21-11-2013 06:09 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Yup, no problems here either. Make sure your chrome is upgraded or try reinstalling :/

My chrome has crashed on me a couple of times. Either chrome wouldn't pull up at all, or it wouldn't load any webpages when connected to the internet and internet explorer and firefox would.

Uninstalling and reinstalling has the fixed the problem the few times it has occured for me.

However, I don't see how it would affect other websites (YouTube, specifically comments.)

But, well, I'm dumb. Big Grin
22-11-2013, 11:36 AM
(22-11-2013 06:39 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 06:09 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Yup, no problems here either. Make sure your chrome is upgraded or try reinstalling :/

My chrome has crashed on me a couple of times. Either chrome wouldn't pull up at all, or it wouldn't load any webpages when connected to the internet and internet explorer and firefox would.

Uninstalling and reinstalling has the fixed the problem the few times it has occured for me.

However, I don't see how it would affect other websites (YouTube, specifically comments.)

But, well, I'm dumb. Big Grin

I don't know either, use firefox then, it's the same thing

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
22-11-2013, 02:39 PM
It's because you're a troll. They're on to you. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user