Can one be an atheist and not believe in evolution?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2013, 08:00 AM
Does current evolution research support the idea of an ecosystem? If so the. Please explain the contradiction in holding these two beliefs.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2013, 09:08 AM
RE: Can one be an atheist and not believe in evolution?
(24-02-2013 08:00 AM)I and I Wrote:  Does current evolution research support the idea of an ecosystem? If so the. Please explain the contradiction in holding these two beliefs.

WTF ?
There is an ecosystem. It's all around us, and we are a part of it, per definition.
One does not "believe" in the Theory of Evolution. Natural Selection is the only theory that has any evidence for it. It's about evidence, not "belief".
Your question is meaningless, (as usual).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-02-2013, 06:04 PM
There is no Eco syste(m). An Eco system implies that there is a natural state or steady state for all living things. Evolution loves that this is not true. Evolution shows that change is constant, and this change is erratic and sometimes this change is brought about by natural catastrophes or one species making another go extinct.
24-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Re: Can one be an atheist and not believe in evolution?
Sure.. believe whatever you want. But you would still be wrong. Evolution isn't something to "Believe in" or not. It is a fact, it IS history. It DID happen. So if you want something to not believe in stick with god.
24-02-2013, 06:13 PM
(24-02-2013 06:04 PM)I and I Wrote:  An Eco system implies that there is a natural state or steady state for all living things.
Says who? You love making shit up as you go without substantiating any of your claims, don't you? Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
24-02-2013, 06:29 PM
I&I, are you homeschooled? Or did you cheat to get through highschool biology?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
24-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Evolution is important today because we use it every day. As bacteria evolve every day, (in the ecosystem, all around us), new generations of antibiotics are needed to counter them, practically, for use today.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

24-02-2013, 07:54 PM
So it's evolution or god. Really? Are you guys really that stupid and simplistic? How the fuck is there an Ecosystem along with constant change? I am on evolutions side which means nothing is constant or balanced or stabilized as an ecosystem at all.
24-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Of course, OP. Atheism doesn't automatically equal any belief.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
24-02-2013, 10:08 PM
(24-02-2013 07:54 PM)I and I Wrote:  So it's evolution or god. Really? Are you guys really that stupid and simplistic? How the fuck is there an Ecosystem along with constant change? I am on evolutions side which means nothing is constant or balanced or stabilized as an ecosystem at all.

This isn't even a matter of, "Oh, allow me to correct your misconception." It's an issue of, "Holy crap, you haven't even read the first sentence of the god damned WIKIPEDIA PAGE for fuck's sake, let alone a textbook. Where the fuck did you go to school???"

Or something like that.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 2 users Like Phaedrus's post