Can somebody please refute this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2011, 02:01 PM
RE: Can somebody please refute this?
(17-10-2011 11:47 AM)theophilus Wrote:  Instead of trying to refute it why don't you consider the possibility that it might be true?
By the way, this looks like an excellent site. I'm glad I found out about it.

Theo I'm asking this purely out of curiosity. Do you consider the possibility of anything that is counter to your beliefs about god, evolution, the universe and our origins being correct?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
18-10-2011, 09:28 AM
(17-10-2011 11:51 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And perhaps you should take your own advice and look at things like evolution as if they were true.

(17-10-2011 12:50 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Also like bearded dude stated, why not give learning more about evolution a try.

(17-10-2011 02:01 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Theo I'm asking this purely out of curiosity. Do you consider the possibility of anything that is counter to your beliefs about god, evolution, the universe and our origins being correct?

I have been on both sides of the evolution-creation controversy. When I was in school I was taught that scientists had proved evolution to be true and I accepted it because I didn't know of any evidence against it. I continued to believe in evolution for a while even after I became a Christian. But when I began studying the subject more closely I came to the conclusion that the evidence for evolution wasn't as strong as I had been taught and there is a lot of evidence against it that I had never known about.

The Bible says in Proverbs 18:17
Quote:The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

This describes my experience in regard to evolution. I once firmly believed in it because I knew only the arguments in its favor. I only began to doubt it when I heard the evidence for the other side.

God's invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.
Romans 1:20 ESV

blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-10-2011, 09:54 AM
So what is this evidence against evolution?

Evolve
18-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Yeah and some guy who doesn't believe it's true says so isn't evidence either. Hard evidence, because that's what creationists get from our side.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-10-2011, 11:32 AM

(17-10-2011 11:47 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(16-10-2011 07:24 PM)MNeufs Wrote:  http://www.apologeticspress.org/apconten...ticle=1104

The article is on the 15 answers to Creationism. Can someone please refute this for me? I've been raised in a religious family and so thus my thinking skills blow.

Can someone help me out?

Instead of trying to refute it why don't you consider the possibility that it might be true?

By the way, this looks like an excellent site. I'm glad I found out about it.

T-man,
See my Hellbound post about Intellegent Design needing an Intellegent Designer. But the argument that God sat up there in the nothingness and crafted complex things (Flawed or not) like the Eye, the heart, the brain, the nervous system...we are talking a tremendous attention to detail....but somehow in his all knowingness...allowed Satan to slip out the back door to steal some glory, did not see adam and eve eating fruit from the tree...and his only way to solve the problems of HIS creations is to kill a person, people or just about everyone? To quote The Evil one from Time Bandits "Are we not in the hands of a complete incompetitent?".
Sorry, anyone with a rational mind that can use that mind to think without being bound to some holy book...can see that the GOD of the OT is simply incapable of creating the world as we know it. I'd almost buy into Xenu's snake oil story before i could buy into the whole Genesis account of creation. The creater in Genesis is more like the bumbling Mr Bean than a Watchmaker with an eye for precision.

Denicio
Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Quote:I have been on both sides of the evolution-creation controversy. When I was in school I was taught that scientists had proved evolution to be true and I accepted it because I didn't know of any evidence against it. I continued to believe in evolution for a while even after I became a Christian. But when I began studying the subject more closely I came to the conclusion that the evidence for evolution wasn't as strong as I had been taught and there is a lot of evidence against it that I had never known about.
Sounds more like you were brain washed by your lil friends, because evolution is possibly the most proven theory out there.

State your problems with evolution here, and I am sure they can be answered.