Can someone delete my account please?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2018, 12:53 AM
Can someone delete my account please?
this account is just a reminder of how cringey and stupid I was as a kid. I want it gone.

Thanks

I cant even delete my old posts
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2018, 01:11 AM
RE: Can someone delete my account please?
Quote:Threads and posts become the property of the community once they are posted and will not be deleted other than in exceptional circumstances.

Perhaps childhood cringe-worthiness is what makes us better adults? That's unexceptional... we've all been there.

Wink

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
17-01-2018, 04:46 AM
(17-01-2018 12:53 AM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  this account is just a reminder of how cringey and stupid I was as a kid. I want it gone.

Thanks

You have less than 400 posts. 2012 might not seem like a lot of time, but "Internet time" goes faster. 300 posts was perhaps something five years ago, but there's people here with over 20 000 posts in 2018. This effectively means whatever posts you've ever made is now buried and more or less forgotten. If you're worried your username can be associated with something, ask the admin to change it into some gibberish, and ask this thread here to be locked. In due time, whatever account you had will be forgotten and washed away.

A handy thing to remember, once you've left data anywhere on the internet, it can never truly be removed. A little late to say that now, but that's the way it is.

[Image: x6DEbV5.gif]
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
17-01-2018, 11:22 PM
(17-01-2018 04:46 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(17-01-2018 12:53 AM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  this account is just a reminder of how cringey and stupid I was as a kid. I want it gone.

Thanks

You have less than 400 posts. 2012 might not seem like a lot of time, but "Internet time" goes faster. 300 posts was perhaps something five years ago, but there's people here with over 20 000 posts in 2018. This effectively means whatever posts you've ever made is now buried and more or less forgotten. If you're worried your username can be associated with something, ask the admin to change it into some gibberish, and ask this thread here to be locked. In due time, whatever account you had will be forgotten and washed away.

A handy thing to remember, once you've left data anywhere on the internet, it can never truly be removed. A little late to say that now, but that's the way it is.

well on most forums you can delete ur fkn account
18-01-2018, 01:11 AM
(17-01-2018 11:22 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  
(17-01-2018 04:46 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  You have less than 400 posts. 2012 might not seem like a lot of time, but "Internet time" goes faster. 300 posts was perhaps something five years ago, but there's people here with over 20 000 posts in 2018. This effectively means whatever posts you've ever made is now buried and more or less forgotten. If you're worried your username can be associated with something, ask the admin to change it into some gibberish, and ask this thread here to be locked. In due time, whatever account you had will be forgotten and washed away.

Or you could, instead, start posting again and give us an update on how your life is. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
18-01-2018, 01:35 AM
Also, authorities will be able to easily sift through one's online identity, as soon as the bodies start turning up. It's all good. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
18-01-2018, 03:04 AM
(17-01-2018 11:22 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  
(17-01-2018 04:46 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  You have less than 400 posts. 2012 might not seem like a lot of time, but "Internet time" goes faster. 300 posts was perhaps something five years ago, but there's people here with over 20 000 posts in 2018. This effectively means whatever posts you've ever made is now buried and more or less forgotten. If you're worried your username can be associated with something, ask the admin to change it into some gibberish, and ask this thread here to be locked. In due time, whatever account you had will be forgotten and washed away.

Terms of service, man. I'm sorry.

[Image: x6DEbV5.gif]
18-01-2018, 03:17 AM
Is there any particular reason this debate thread is in the Personal Issues and Support forum? Shouldn't it be in the Forum Issues, Suggestions and Comments forum? Huh

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
18-01-2018, 03:51 AM
I think a PM to a staff member would have been the way to go.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-01-2018, 07:45 AM
(17-01-2018 12:53 AM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  this account is just a reminder of how cringey and stupid I was

I was the same way when I first joined. Instead I erased those memories with new ones.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post