Can someone delete my account please?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2018, 03:38 AM
RE: Can someone delete my account please?
(19-01-2018 09:22 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Laugh out load

It's a bit like the word "lisp".....

Invented for people who can't say 'S' properly. Big Grin

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2018, 07:20 PM
(18-01-2018 01:35 AM)kim Wrote:  Also, authorities will be able to easily sift through one's online identity, as soon as the bodies start turning up. It's all good. Shy

I realize you're joking, but I once moderated on a Dune message board back when I was in undergrad and that did become an issue when one member committed a school shooting.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
20-01-2018, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2018 11:11 PM by Kaneda.)
(18-01-2018 12:09 PM)Loom Wrote:  Mistakes are among some of our greatest teachers. I look back at my old posts both here, at other fogums, and my ancient youtube account, and some of it's pretty bad. Lotsa cringe.

But, I've changed. The past shouldn't, and really, won't, so my old cringy 9/11 debates remain, among plenty of other things.

Personal preference though.

I often cringe at the posts I wrote just two days after the fact. A lot of this has to do with syntax and grammar, something I try to overcome by getting real anal-retentive about each individual blurb of text I put up. Sometimes I might go back and amend something a few times before my post gets preserved in the amber forever.

I'm also not too fond of how I come across toward others in my old posts. I might not catch it at the time, but sometimes I feel like I vacillate between being a complete pushover, and a noxious asshole, depending on the hour. A lot of past conversation could definitely have used some tonal modulation. All said, this is part of the reason I keep coming here and contributing, in spite of myself. I'm never fully satisfied with my body of work, but I try to get incrementally better over time at getting my point across nimbly and thoughtfully. I'm always looking forward some optimal future I can feel like I've arrived, and I can look back on my current posts and shake my head at what a nitwit I was.

Of course, this is something I said to myself when I started my account three years ago, and looking at my first few posts compared to where I'm at today kinda makes me want to cry. So I guess I can say I've made some progress, right?
[+] 2 users Like Kaneda's post
20-01-2018, 10:37 PM
(20-01-2018 07:20 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(18-01-2018 01:35 AM)kim Wrote:  Also, authorities will be able to easily sift through one's online identity, as soon as the bodies start turning up. It's all good. Shy

I realize you're joking, but I once moderated on a Dune message board back when I was in undergrad and that did become an issue when one member committed a school shooting.

I know it happens and I've thought about it a bit. If it was a private forum, I would let authorities have access as long as they had a warrant. Nothing to worry about here, since this is a public forum.

Besides, I have to assume they'll never take me alive. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
21-01-2018, 06:42 PM
Everyone does stupid shit dude. Face reality. Drinking Beverage
22-01-2018, 10:51 AM
(20-01-2018 10:09 PM)Kaneda Wrote:  
(18-01-2018 12:09 PM)Loom Wrote:  Mistakes are among some of our greatest teachers. I look back at my old posts both here, at other fogums, and my ancient youtube account, and some of it's pretty bad. Lotsa cringe.

But, I've changed. The past shouldn't, and really, won't, so my old cringy 9/11 debates remain, among plenty of other things.

Personal preference though.

I often cringe at the posts I wrote just two days after the fact. A lot of this has to do with syntax and grammar, something I try to overcome by getting real anal-retentive about each individual blurb of text I put up. Sometimes I might go back and amend something a few times before my post gets preserved in the amber forever.

I'm also not too fond of how I come across toward others in my old posts. I might not catch it at the time, but sometimes I feel like I vacillate between being a complete pushover, and a noxious asshole, depending on the hour. A lot of past conversation could definitely have used some tonal modulation. All said, this is part of the reason I keep coming here and contributing, in spite of myself. I'm never fully satisfied with my body of work, but I try to get incrementally better over time at getting my point across nimbly and thoughtfully. I'm always looking forward some optimal future I can feel like I've arrived, and I can look back on my current posts and shake my head at what a nitwit I was.

Of course, this is something I said to myself when I started my account three years ago, and looking at my first few posts compared to where I'm at today kinda makes me want to cry. So I guess I can say I've made some progress, right?

YAS! Me too. I feel there is so much lost in translation and my online personality does not accurately come close to my real life. I'm super annoying online and say things that are not how I feel depict how I actually think or believe. Not wholly.

Oh well... this is all entertainment anyway. Chase
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
22-01-2018, 11:33 AM
(22-01-2018 10:51 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(20-01-2018 10:09 PM)Kaneda Wrote:  I often cringe at the posts I wrote just two days after the fact. A lot of this has to do with syntax and grammar, something I try to overcome by getting real anal-retentive about each individual blurb of text I put up. Sometimes I might go back and amend something a few times before my post gets preserved in the amber forever.

YAS! Me too. I feel there is so much lost in translation and my online personality does not accurately come close to my real life. I'm super annoying online and say things that are not how I feel depict how I actually think or believe. Not wholly.

As long as you're around Hug some of us like your online personality just fine Yes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-01-2018, 11:35 AM
(22-01-2018 11:33 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-01-2018 10:51 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  YAS! Me too. I feel there is so much lost in translation and my online personality does not accurately come close to my real life. I'm super annoying online and say things that are not how I feel depict how I actually think or believe. Not wholly.

As long as you're around Hug some of us like your online personality just fine Yes

I second this message Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-01-2018, 11:39 AM
[Image: regret.jpg]

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
22-01-2018, 12:02 PM
I would come across a post I made five years ago (yikes, five years?! Gasp ) and I'd be like: Wow, apparently I'd always been this great Angel

(I was much - somewhat - less confrontational in my first iteration here*. This time around I'm older and have zero patience with trolls and the rest of the assorted creeps and jerks we've acquired. You don't like it? Tough luck, chances are, I don't much like you either Drinking Beverage

* Before I took my break, I mean, not a sock Dodgy

Also, "body of work". My, my, some people do take themselves rather seriously...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post