Can someone delete my account please?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2018, 12:09 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2018 12:15 AM by Deltabravo.)
RE: Can someone delete my account please?
(23-01-2018 07:18 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(22-01-2018 09:22 PM)DLJ Wrote:  You do know that 'Shakespeare' is a euphemism, right? "Shaking the spear" so to speak.

I thought it was a pear? Consider

[Image: 25.24.gif]

Quote:The reason why "Shakespeare's sonnets are cited as evidence of his bisexuality" is to cover for the fact that the sonnets were written by women and Shakey was the front-man for a consortium ... The English Rabbie Burns.

You know it makes sense.

Big Grin

With Marco Polo as the ringleader, right? And that's why he had to go traipsing around the globe, hell hathing* no fury and all that...

* Yeah, I know you can't say this. Get off my back Dodgy

hmmm... The first works published under that name were Venus and Addonis and The Rape of Lucretia which are works of Elizabethan eroticism. "willy shakes his spear". Supposedly, William Shakespeare had moved to London after slaying a deer on the estate of a local aristocrat. Shakespeare had been involved in the leather trade since his father's business was that of a glove maker. He then moves to London and lives with a wig-maker and a clothing maker and then becomes involved in the leather trade with others who go around making threats such that William has some sort of warrant issued against him. But, we are led to believe, while he is running around making a living in the underworld of the garment industry, he's also become a great erotic poet under the patronage of the Earl of Southampton.

Oh well, such is the bullshit of orthodox academia. Of course, there's no evidence at all that William Shaksper, alias Shakepeare, ever set foot in any school at all but we do have a record that he lived in Stratford because his father was prosecuted for having a huge pile of garbage outside his house. Plainly a very cultured family...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deltabravo's post
12-02-2018, 07:56 AM
Typical christian.
Just call for a do over and it all goes away ha?

Your God knows what you did.
And he shall never let you forget it.
Ever. Not while you sleep. Not while you pray.
It will be out there like a giant bag of sin and puss and evil.
Throbbing like an undeveloped twin that settled into a lump in your armpit.
Just waiting till it's single monstrous eye opens.
And it lives again.

[Image: barfly_condenados_pelo_vicio.gif]
12-02-2018, 08:07 AM
(12-02-2018 07:56 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Typical christian.
Just call for a do over and it all goes away ha?

Your God knows what you did.
And he shall never let you forget it.
Ever. Not while you sleep. Not while you pray.
It will be out there like a giant bag of sin and puss and evil.
Throbbing like an undeveloped twin that settled into a lump in your armpit.
Just waiting till it's single monstrous eye opens.
And it lives again.

You ought to write fiction. Big Grin

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
12-02-2018, 08:07 AM
(12-02-2018 12:09 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  hmmm... The first works published under that name were Venus and Addonis and The Rape of Lucretia which are works of Elizabethan eroticism. "willy shakes his spear". Supposedly, William Shakespeare had moved to London after slaying a deer on the estate of a local aristocrat. Shakespeare had been involved in the leather trade since his father's business was that of a glove maker. He then moves to London and lives with a wig-maker and a clothing maker and then becomes involved in the leather trade with others who go around making threats such that William has some sort of warrant issued against him. But, we are led to believe, while he is running around making a living in the underworld of the garment industry, he's also become a great erotic poet under the patronage of the Earl of Southampton.

Oh well, such is the bullshit of orthodox academia. Of course, there's no evidence at all that William Shaksper, alias Shakepeare, ever set foot in any school at all but we do have a record that he lived in Stratford because his father was prosecuted for having a huge pile of garbage outside his house. Plainly a very cultured family...

Quote:THE EDUCATION OF WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE
  • There are no specific records relating to the education of William Shakespeare or his attendance at school but reasonable assumptions can be made based on the information that is available
  • His father's election to the position of Alderman in Stratford-upon-Avon brought with it free education for his sons
  • William Shakespeare would have attended King Edward VI Grammar School in Stratford-upon-Avon from the age of 7 in 1571 and left school and formal education when he was fourteen in 1578
  • King Edward VI Grammar School is also referred to as the King's New School as it was named according to a charter by King Edward VI (Queen Elizabeth's younger brother) in 1553

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
12-02-2018, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2018 11:43 AM by Gert Heide.)
Reasonable assumptions, but absolutely no facts worthy of the name.

It's what Mark Twain realised was going on with every last Shakespeare biography every written, and that was in the 19th century. Horseshit masquerading as genuine historianship. People make a living writing volumes of 'reasonable assumptions' about a putative King Arthur or Romulus and Remus. Again. Horseshit. Absence of evidence IS evidence of absence. No exceptions.
12-02-2018, 11:48 AM
You're wrong, Chas. The simple fact of the matter is, Shakespeare is Rabbie Burns' granddaughter. And Marco Polo's godfather.

He also might or might not be Saruman.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
12-02-2018, 11:33 PM
(12-02-2018 11:39 AM)Gert Heide Wrote:  Reasonable assumptions, but absolutely no facts worthy of the name.

Like much of the historic narrative.

Quote:It's what Mark Twain realised was going on with every last Shakespeare biography every written, and that was in the 19th century. Horseshit masquerading as genuine historianship.

What part of the first sentence of that did you not understand? There is no "masquerading" going on. Facepalm

Quote:People make a living writing volumes of 'reasonable assumptions' about a putative King Arthur or Romulus and Remus. Again. Horseshit. Absence of evidence IS evidence of absence. No exceptions.

No, absence of evidence is only evidence of absence when the evidence lacking should be there.
Shakespeare was born in the 16th century to commoners. Why would you even expect there to be much, if any, definitive evidence? The lack of hard evidence is not at all a compelling argument for anything.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-02-2018, 04:47 AM
The fact that a man's earthly existence is attested to by ancient town council records for births, deaths and marriages doesn't prove anything about his career. The absolute most that records for your man indicate that he WAS prosecuted for hoarding food during a time of shortage, that he was litigious and sued people for the then hefty sum of a few pounds, that he was, strangely, not to be found in London when the authorities needed to speak to him about a taxes and about being a witness in a civil lawsuit. The one letter we know was sent to him [by a fellow townsman begging for a loan] does not appear to have left Stratford. None of the luminaries we're assured he hobnobbed with makes a single mention of any human being with his name or fitting his description. There is no record that this apparently well-off and distinctly greedy burgher earned even a farthing from his allegedly fabulous writing career. Twain [along with Freud, Henry James etc etc etc etc etc etc] was right. The man existed. His glittering career is the concoction of generations of gullible fabulists.

I note from your bio that your interests do not include English renaissance literature. Why don't you stick to something you've REALLY researched rather than parroting rubbish from other know-nothings on Wikipedia and the internet? If you're too lazy to investigate why someone might disagree with you, why bother contributing your two bits?
13-02-2018, 07:14 AM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2018 07:18 AM by Chas.)
(13-02-2018 04:47 AM)Gert Heide Wrote:  The fact that a man's earthly existence is attested to by ancient town council records for births, deaths and marriages doesn't prove anything about his career. The absolute most that records for your man indicate that he WAS prosecuted for hoarding food during a time of shortage, that he was litigious and sued people for the then hefty sum of a few pounds, that he was, strangely, not to be found in London when the authorities needed to speak to him about a taxes and about being a witness in a civil lawsuit. The one letter we know was sent to him [by a fellow townsman begging for a loan] does not appear to have left Stratford. None of the luminaries we're assured he hobnobbed with makes a single mention of any human being with his name or fitting his description. There is no record that this apparently well-off and distinctly greedy burgher earned even a farthing from his allegedly fabulous writing career. Twain [along with Freud, Henry James etc etc etc etc etc etc] was right. The man existed. His glittering career is the concoction of generations of gullible fabulists.

I note from your bio that your interests do not include English renaissance literature. Why don't you stick to something you've REALLY researched rather than parroting rubbish from other know-nothings on Wikipedia and the internet? If you're too lazy to investigate why someone might disagree with you, why bother contributing your two bits?

I have heard these "Shakespeare didn't write Shakespeare" conspiracy theories for decades (probably longer than you've been alive) and have investigated them for myself.

I took apart your assertions in that post one by one and you have no response but an ad hominem?
Piss off. Drinking Beverage

13-02-2018, 10:12 AM
Personally, I really don't care who Shakespeare was or who "really" wrote the works attributed to him. They are great works of literature, and whoever wrote them was a genius. It doesn't seem to matter all that much what his name was.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post