Can someone quickly debunk this Harbinger book

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2014, 06:39 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2014 02:11 PM by CONVERSIONTUBE.)
Can someone quickly debunk this Harbinger book
My Penticostal Inlaws kind of showed up out of the blue yesterday with this DVD they wanted us to watch. Basically it was an advertisement for the book the Harbinger. Not sure as the DVD was very vague in the evidence of course but I think they were saying the Bible talks about the demise of some city. Then this book talks about how it's identical to New York and how it will happen here too if we don't make New York Christian. I tried to be nice and not say anything during this video but after a while I had to say a couple things about it.

But I was was wondering if anyone knows of a site that has already written about it and maybe destroys its credibility point for point. So so I can reference in future if I need to.

The in laws of course brought the accompanying book and my wife said oh, yes she would read it. She's a believer. I just want to throw a jab in here and there about the book when required.

Or if you already have details yourselves please provide if you have the time.

Thanks
Proplayer44
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2014, 12:45 PM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2014 01:20 PM by Blackhand293.)
RE: Can someone quickly debunk this Harbinger book
Its a wild theory based on the "prophecy" as found in Isiah 9:10-20, and linked to 911 by one sentence uttered by Obama in 2009, Namely that America will rebuild, and be stronger than ever before.

Further more, it claims that the USA was founded on the spot where the WTC once stood, and consecrated to god. the premise as far as I can tell from what I have gleaned form my cursory research, falls flat without that assumption being taken as infallible.(1)

(1) http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/echoes-of-isa...than-ever/

*edited for a typo*

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
16-03-2014, 01:10 PM
I would like to learn how to "gleam".
Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-03-2014, 01:16 PM
gleam (glēm)
n.
1. A brief beam or flash of light: saw gleams of daylight through the cracks.
2. A steady but subdued shining; a glow: the gleam of burnished gold.
3. A brief or dim indication; a trace: a gleam of intelligence.
v. gleamed, gleam·ing, gleams
1. To emit a gleam; flash or glow: "Their tile roofs gleamed in the moon's pallid radiance" (Laura Joh Rowland). See Synonyms at flash.
2. To be reflected as a gleam: The sun gleamed on the water.
3. To be manifested or indicated briefly or faintly.

Granted perhaps not the correct word I could have used, I should have said gleaned. I blame English being my second language.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.