Can't edit posts?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2017, 07:35 AM
Can't edit posts?
Hey yo!

I noticed earlier I'd done a right clanger and misspelled something. I went to edit...although no edit button.

VAS IST DAS?! Unsure

HALP! Weeping

EDIT: But I can edit this one?! what is going one Undecided
Double edit: can't edit this one still though - http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...pid1186479

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2017, 07:48 AM
RE: Can't edit posts?
(17-05-2017 07:35 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Hey yo!

I noticed earlier I'd done a right clanger and misspelled something. I went to edit...although no edit button.

VAS IST DAS?! Unsure

HALP! Weeping

Double edit: can't edit this one still though - http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...pid1186479

There is a time limit on editing to prevent people from rewriting history.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
17-05-2017, 07:54 AM
(17-05-2017 07:48 AM)unfogged Wrote:  

VAS IST DAS?! Unsure

HALP! Weeping

There is a time limit on editing to prevent people from rewriting history.
Ahh, the "1984" rule. If that's the case FAIR ENOUGH Cool

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post
17-05-2017, 08:52 AM
I'm sure there's a forum update around here somewhere from the mods. The editing times have been drastically reduced.

I'm also prone to typos, and I strive to type properly, so this impacts me as well. One thing I liked about TTA is that I could just reply on the fly and edit out any typos later. As much as I check and check and check, I always miss something. I don't want to have to pop a Xanax just to make a post.

Shit... are the proper amount of commas in there? Is it too much? Did I go overboard with the commas? I don't think I need a comma between "typos" and "and" int he first sentence of the second paragraph. Wait. I typed "int he" instead of "in the" in the previous sentence. That's wrong. What if I miss something like that and don't notice it until after the edit window? Then I have to email the mods and beg them to fix the mistakes. I need to throw up. Intelligence =! sanity, people.

Mother fucker! Case in point, it's "!=" not "=!"
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
17-05-2017, 08:54 AM
(17-05-2017 08:52 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I'm sure there's a forum update around here somewhere from the mods. The editing times have been drastically reduced.
Agreed! I've noticed there's definitely not as much time to edit my Political Meme posts, which I tried to do, so as not to spam the thread too much.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
17-05-2017, 09:18 AM

VAS IST DAS?! Unsure

HALP! Weeping

Yeah, you used to have nearly a week or more. It's just too long. Most forums only give you a few minutes. We do give more time than that.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-05-2017, 09:22 AM
Cool, got it. Thanks moms, I've only just noticed it in effect so I thought I'd been banned/put on the naughty list or something.

*phew* Big Grin

17-05-2017, 09:30 AM
(17-05-2017 09:22 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Cool, got it. Thanks moms, I've only just noticed it in effect so I thought I'd been banned/put on the naughty list or something.

That's understandable. She does have a history of dicking with people when she's bored.

#sigh
17-05-2017, 09:30 AM
(17-05-2017 09:22 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Cool, got it. Thanks moms, I've only just noticed it in effect so I thought I'd been banned/put on the naughty list or something.

*phew* Big Grin

Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-05-2017, 09:31 AM
(17-05-2017 09:30 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

That's understandable. She does have a history of dicking with people when she's bored.

Gasp

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post