Can't say how sex evolved, therefore Adam and Eve

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2015, 12:42 PM
RE: Can't say how sex evolved, therefore Adam and Eve
(17-06-2015 07:43 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(16-06-2015 08:40 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  And your god is like a doctor running around slashing people on the street with a blade and then selling them tickets to his clinic to get stitches and all the while blaming them for getting cut in the first place. Drinking Beverage

In the words of the late and lamented Leonard Nimoy, "That is highly illogical." Are you seriously suggesting that if you believed in God you would also blame Him for the suffering you cause yourself and others? How can any atheist claim substitutionary atonement is injustice on one hand, while saying if there was a God He causes the hurts we should atone for personally? Be consistent!

You did not get what I wrote and your response indicates that. Would it help if I wrote it in Greek?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
18-06-2015, 12:20 AM
(17-06-2015 07:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(16-06-2015 10:54 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  I think you misunderstand my comment on Point 1. I did not ask for evidence of existence. In fact I specifically indicated that I wasn't asking for any proof of your god's existence. I asked you to provide proof for your knowledge of your god's nature and for contrast the proof of your knowledge of your (presumably human) nature. Here is your quote:

"1. To me it is irrelevant whether God has free will to do wrong. He only does right, and this proceeds from His nature. I do right and wrong, proceeding from my nature."

So to draw it out a bit more, How do you know that your god "only does right" and that this is "proceeds from His nature". While I agree that you can "do right and wrong", but I'd like you to define what "my nature" means.

I have both free will and sentience. I'm personally aware that my conscience has in the past informed me of wrongdoing and begged me to change my ways, and at times, I haven't. I'm aware both of the will to do good and of the inconsistency of doing so.

I know that God does only good. I know the Bible is proven right and true. It informs us of God's nature, His will and His desires. This would be a circular statement unless the veracity of the Bible could be proven using data outside the Bible. For example, the Bible gives fulfilled prophecies, which may be verified outside the Bible.

Put all three together--I'm aware of my will, my lack of strength, and God's will.

You don't "know" anything. You believe. End of discussion.

But ill tell you what, right here in this thread, you prove how you "know" with straight forward replies and convince us all. How bout it?
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
18-06-2015, 03:11 AM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2015 09:22 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(15-06-2015 10:07 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I don't wonder at all. The NT says skeptics will find substitutionary atonement and the gospel ludicrous. I find the laughter echoes the love I try to show on these boards. I don't laugh, however, at police when they find lost people!

It isn't just ludicrous, substationary atonement makes Christianity the most morally bankrupt religion on the planet.

Not only can you be forgiven for anything, without doing any work or taking on any responsibility to right your wrongs or make reparations or seek forgiveness from those who have actually been adversely affected by your actions; except of course for blasphemy, the only unforgivable transgressions are mockery and unbelief, because of course they are. How fucking convenient for those people pushing their dogma on other people?

But you can also be held accountable for the wrongs of others, through no action of your own. They claim they we are all guilty (by proxy) for the 'fall' of humanity, and of course, only they have the one and only cure.

Christian theology treats moral accountability the same way Wall Street treats stocks; as tradable commodities. They can be transferred, bought, and sold; but even worse than stocks, others can do this to you without your consent.

A system that allows a murderer into eternal paradise for having the right thoughts before they die, and would torture an innocent for eternity for simply not having the correct thoughts (or even being aware of the possibility of such), is arguably the most unjust system ever conceived.

So Q, we laugh at the Christians who buy into this because they're seriously fucked in the head. They operate without any moral compass, seemingly unaware that their ethics mean nothing because they lack accountability to anything other than their imagination. In a universe where forgiveness is unlimited, and the only prerequisite is the 'right' thoughts, there is no moral accountability; that word has no relevance in Christian theology, which is why it's morally bankrupt.

This is why we laugh at you Q, because you're just one step removed from nihilism and psychopathy, but you're the only one who doesn't see it. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 7 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-06-2015, 03:23 AM
Right on EK.

I was reading some pieces on Caitlyn Jenner earlier and in the comments section Christians were condemning him/her while providing a pass to the molester Josh Duggar all because Duggar "asked God for forgiveness".

You can get Christian sympathy for anything as long as you pretend you're giving your faults over to God.

Fucking slimey pieces of shit.
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
18-06-2015, 08:02 AM
(17-06-2015 09:35 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  
(17-06-2015 07:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I have both free will and sentience. I'm personally aware that my conscience has in the past informed me of wrongdoing and begged me to change my ways, and at times, I haven't. I'm aware both of the will to do good and of the inconsistency of doing so.

I know that God does only good. I know the Bible is proven right and true. It informs us of God's nature, His will and His desires. This would be a circular statement unless the veracity of the Bible could be proven using data outside the Bible. For example, the Bible gives fulfilled prophecies, which may be verified outside the Bible.

Put all three together--I'm aware of my will, my lack of strength, and God's will.

"I know the Bible is proven right and true". Just based on this utterly nonsensical statement I know that you have an utterly closed mind despite your claims to the contrary. I thought this is how you'd reply: the Bible therefore true. Sorry I wasted energy with this.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Do you read my posts before replying? I wrote yet again on my confirmation of Bible truth using sources outside the Bible. My reasoning is not circular and you are employing an unfalsifiable syllogism. I've investigated Bible truth for decades and you haven't investigated enough to draw a conclusion that the Bible is false, neither can you prove there are no supernatural beings or events at all times in all places in this massive universe.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-06-2015, 08:04 AM
(17-06-2015 12:42 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(17-06-2015 07:43 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  In the words of the late and lamented Leonard Nimoy, "That is highly illogical." Are you seriously suggesting that if you believed in God you would also blame Him for the suffering you cause yourself and others? How can any atheist claim substitutionary atonement is injustice on one hand, while saying if there was a God He causes the hurts we should atone for personally? Be consistent!

You did not get what I wrote and your response indicates that. Would it help if I wrote it in Greek?

I got it. You failed (again) to address what I wrote. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for the actions you choose to do of your free will. If you shoot me, we can assign God some blame for not stopping the bullet but most of the responsibility comes your way.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
18-06-2015, 08:09 AM
(18-06-2015 03:23 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Right on EK.

I was reading some pieces on Caitlyn Jenner earlier and in the comments section Christians were condemning him/her while providing a pass to the molester Josh Duggar all because Duggar "asked God for forgiveness".

You can get Christian sympathy for anything as long as you pretend you're giving your faults over to God.

Fucking slimey pieces of shit.

I'm unsure why a Christian would condemn Jenner. That makes no sense. We are to help confused or hurting people and not condemn them.

You are lacking the facts on the Duggar case. The young man told his parents that he had touched his sisters' breasts through their clothing, briefly, as they slept. They sought counseling for him--neither he nor they would have been incarcerated. The daughters never knew they were touched until some evil person who had the sealed state records released them recently, destroying or nearly so, many lives.

There was an is forgiveness for the Duggars and for you, and also counseling and help for the Duggar son. Take advantage of such things! When we sinned against our parents or guardians, we appreciated when and if they showed us mercy and forgiveness. Appreciate God's forgiveness.

18-06-2015, 08:11 AM
(18-06-2015 12:20 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  
(17-06-2015 07:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I have both free will and sentience. I'm personally aware that my conscience has in the past informed me of wrongdoing and begged me to change my ways, and at times, I haven't. I'm aware both of the will to do good and of the inconsistency of doing so.

You don't "know" anything. You believe. End of discussion.

But ill tell you what, right here in this thread, you prove how you "know" with straight forward replies and convince us all. How bout it?

I already have stated, likely dozens of times:

* For my part, I prove what I believe by looking at the Bible than confirming or refuting using sources outside the Bible.

* The Bible says that people can reject/deny evidence and have free will - what evidence have you rejected to date? I'm not saying you've encountered God or deny His existence, I'm wondering rather if you've received evidence that you have thus far rejected?

18-06-2015, 08:16 AM
(18-06-2015 03:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-06-2015 10:07 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I don't wonder at all. The NT says skeptics will find substitutionary atonement and the gospel ludicrous. I find the laughter echoes the love I try to show on these boards. I don't laugh, however, at police when they find lost people!

It isn't just ludicrous, substationary atonement makes Christianity the most morally bankrupt religion on the planet.

Not only can you be forgiven for anything, without doing any work or taking on any responsibility to right your wrongs or make reparations or seek forgiveness from those who have actually been adversely affected by your actions; except of course for blasphemy, the only unforgivable transgressions are mockery and unbelief, because of course they are. How fucking convenient for those people pushing their dogma on other people?

But you can also be held accountable for the wrongs of others, through no action of your own. They claim they we are all guilty (by proxy) for the 'fall' of humanity, and of course, only they have the only cure.

Christian theology treats moral accountability the same way Wall Street treats stocks; as tradable commodities. They can be transferred, bought, and sold; but even worse than stocks, others can do this to you without your consent.

A system that allows a murderer into eternal paradise for having the right thoughts before they die, and would torture an innocent for eternity for simply not having the correct thoughts (or even being aware of the possibility of such), is arguably the most unjust system ever conceived.

So Q, we laugh at the Christians who buy into this because they're seriously fucked in the head. They operate without any moral compass, seemingly unaware that their ethics mean nothing because they lack accountability to anything other than their imagination. In a universe where forgiveness is unlimited, and the only prerequisite is the 'right' thoughts, there is no moral accountability; that word has no relevance in Christian theology, which is why it's morally bankrupt.

This is why we laugh at you Q, because you're just one step removed from nihilism and psychopathy, but you're the only one who doesn't see it. Drinking Beverage

That all sounds good, and even sounds like you have the moral high ground, until you recall that the Bible itself explains that people reap what they sow, and that judgment even begins with believers. Do Christians who have AIDS because they used needles get healed from AIDS, each one, once they trust Christ? Do booze addicts have livers that change instantly when receiving Christ?

You are confusing the desire for God to see you in Heaven with the righteousness of God and natural law that still makes people accountable. IF and ONLY if we had situations like condemned prisoners receiving Jesus AND having their sentences commuted... you would be right.

Your premise is false because no one trusts Jesus then says, "Oh well, I'll drive drunk, shoot heroin and rape people because I'm going to Heaven and nothing will happen to me while here on Earth."

I try to always be kind and patient with TTA suggestions, however this canard of Hitchens et al that substitutionary atonement is a great evil is not only a canard, it is suggesting that everyone should go to Hell forever, feeling they are only doing their part for justice, which is likewise nonsense.

18-06-2015, 09:21 AM
(18-06-2015 03:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  This is why we laugh at you Q, because you're just one step removed from nihilism and psychopathy, but you're the only one who doesn't see it. Drinking Beverage

Believers in divine command are only ever one perceived command away from literally anything.

It's cute when they're idiots on a forum, but in the real world they actually kill people.

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post