Can't say how sex evolved, therefore Adam and Eve

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2015, 08:44 AM
RE: Can't say how sex evolved, therefore Adam and Eve
(19-06-2015 08:33 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 09:47 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Except for the 'inherent sinfulness' of humanity, suppodedly starting with the fall of Adam and Eve (but really, it's God who is ultimately responsible since they all stem from his actions and the motions he set in place), for which we'll all be judged, and not one of us had any hand it.

So yeah, complete disingenuous bullshit on your part Q.

No, but that at least might be some evidence for the supernatural intervention or the power of prayer.

What's more damning is how your God allows children to be born with AIDS. They suffer just as much, if not more so, than any junkie who acquired HIV from a dirty needle. God still allows the innocents to suffer and die, to be condemned through no action of their own, to be punished simply for existing.

There is no justice in their suffering, no higher meaning in their deaths.

You're confusing your own ass-backwards apologetics for the will of your imaginary, impotent, emotionally stunted, trans-dimensional space wizard.

Born Again Christians on death row die with the comforting thought that their 'sins' have been forgiven and that they'll enjoy eternal paradise, because the imaginary friend they believe in said that they were forgiven; and it says so right in the Bible. I didn't make this shit up Q, nor am I the one claiming to speak for god or believe in him; but I will hold you to the standards of your bullshit ideology and book of myth if you insist on defending it.

Nobody has to, the Bible points out that anything can be forgiven, with the very notable exception of blasphemy. Which is very convenient for a proselytizing religion, especially one that spread by the sword. You can fuck up, check in with Jesus, get your unlimited allotment of forgiveness, rinse and repeat. There is no limit to this, forgiveness is unlimited. There is nothing at all, as written in the Bible, that prevents people from gaming the system; thus there is nothing preventing someone from justifying their actions, any actions, safe in the knowledge that everything will be forgiven. Why? It says so in the damn book.

Just look at the Catholics. They took this simple premise, this loop-hole of unlimited forgiveness, and their built an empire out of it. Like hell believers don't game the system.

There is zero moral accountability, and nothing you've said so far at all negates that fact or otherwise saves Christian Theology from moral bankruptcy.

No, the only canard here is your complete, utter, and total inability to deal with reality. We're not suggesting that everyone should go to Hell, because Hell is as much bullshit as your sky-daddy. We're just pointing out that Christian Theology makes little sense even on it's own terms, lacks any moral accountability, and can thus be used to justify and forgive any atrocity committed by man; with the notable exception of disbelief.

Theft, dishonesty, assault, abuse, murder, rape, and genocide can all be washed away. No one need be held accountable for their actions, because all things are forgiven if you but believe. Unless of course you blaspheme or otherwise doubt the existence of the Holy Spirit and do not think the correct thoughts.

Blaspheme, simple mockery of being who's existence is entirely unverifiable, is a worse offense than genocide. That seems incredibly petty coming from anyone, let alone the supposed creator of the universe.

Wake the fuck up you stupid shill. Drinking Beverage

IMHO, you are wrong on several counts:

1. I don't believe in "the inherent sinfulness of humanity" as you put it. I believe we all have the potential to do much good. However, I would challenge anyone who says they are perfect or have the self-will to stop themselves from sometimes doing things they know are impure or moral evils.

Quote:No, but that at least might be some evidence for the supernatural intervention or the power of prayer.

Have I told you now 10 times? 20? 30? - we're not getting smoking gun evidence for God as individuals unless we are disposed towards truth and God via our free will. This is a sorting place, moreover, even if you saw 10,000 livers healed you could still say "anomaly" or "scientific reason as long as God isn't in the gap". You are being disingenuous IMHO.

3. I hear what you're saying about hurting children. I think you need some more perspective, however.

Quote:Born Again Christians on death row die with the comforting thought that their 'sins' have been forgiven and that they'll enjoy eternal paradise

I'm guessing I've done more prison ministry than you. Smile When you see prisoners really and truly changed, you see the power of Christ. He's real.

5. You really don't understand the points I've made about the disparity between being forgiven for anything and doing anything AFTER being forgiven. Jesus Christ saved me--therefore I come to places like TTA and witness the love of Christ. I've been told even recently here I have "backbone" because I take a lot of abuse and return kindness and gentleness for it. I don't WANT to shoot drugs. I don't WANT to cheat on my spouse. I don't WANT to live like many atheists do. I WANT to show GRATITUDE for being saved. Just because I'm forgiven of anything doesn't mean I will do anything.

If you still disbelieve me, pretend you've cheated on your wife. She forgives you. Will you now cheat on her again because she will forgive you again? Are you that big a piece of garbage that you take every advantage?

Or will you not cheat because you fear the consequences? There are entire Bible chapters on God punishing BELIEVERS who sin. You don't know the Bible, at all, it seems, and that's not a slur on you from me but I tell you that you don't WANT to know the Bible.

It's typical of skeptics to misstate what the Bible states and then accuse God of gross moral negligence when clearly He judges and clearly the skeptics are doing filth in private. I KNOW BECAUSE I WAS A SKEPTIC.

Repent! Change your mind about Jesus. He died and rose to cover your imperfections.

Seeing "prisoners really and truly changed, you see the power of Christ. He's real." is an absolute BS statement. What you witnessed was the power of desperation and a trapped audience willing to cling to anything to get through their sentence.

I think it is shameful that you provide religious dogma based on fiction and fantasy as a placebo to those trapped within a corner, with no other options. Disgusts me. Truly. Why don't you go down to the terminally ill ward at any children's hospital and tell the dying children about the BS glory of jesus and how he and god love them and if they just pray hard enough or believe strong enough all will be okay.

THIS is the shit I hate about religion, giving the desperate, sick, elderly, gullible and stupid false hope.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
19-06-2015, 08:58 AM
(19-06-2015 08:44 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Seeing "prisoners really and truly changed, you see the power of Christ. He's real." is an absolute BS statement. What you witnessed was the power of desperation and a trapped audience willing to cling to anything to get through their sentence.

Ah, but, GWG, don't you see?

People who have "really and truly changed" thanks to the guidance and inspiration of Allah's one true prophet Muhammad, or the wisdom of the Buddha, don't count. Because, as I'm sure you'll agree is obvious, reasons.

After all, no true Scotsman could possibly argue with a claim like that!

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
19-06-2015, 09:02 AM
I worked in corrections for the last decade. I KNOW how the inmates behaved when the ministers were there and when they were not.

They'd do enough bible study to get the minister to throw some money on their commissary, or maybe send them some clothes or indigent supplies. Then it was back to watching TV, destroying jail property, and generally breaking as many rules as they thought they could get away with.

Lying to clowns like you Q for one hour a week is as easy as breathing for most behind bars.
[+] 4 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
19-06-2015, 09:23 AM
(19-06-2015 08:33 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Jesus Christ saved me--therefore I come to places like TTA and witness the love of Christ.

I always find it interesting that the all powerful god would send someone such as yourself, knowing full well that you aren't going to convince any of us with your fallacious arguments and failure to recognize the fallacies as they are pointed out to you. God (if he exists) knows exactly what it would take to convince all of us and he should know that you are absolutely not it.

(19-06-2015 08:33 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I've been told even recently here I have "backbone" because I take a lot of abuse and return kindness and gentleness for it.

While I agree that you are extremely polite, "backbone" is hardly the word I would use. "extreme delusion" is more like it, especially after your arguments have been dismantled repeatedly and yet you still cling to them.

(19-06-2015 08:33 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I don't WANT to shoot drugs. I don't WANT to cheat on my spouse.

Neither do most of us. No deity required. If the threat of hell or the reward of heaven is the only thing that keeps you from doing these things, then you are a piece of shit to begin with. (I know, I know. I ripped that line off)

(19-06-2015 08:33 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  If you still disbelieve me, pretend you've cheated on your wife. She forgives you. Will you now cheat on her again because she will forgive you again? Are you that big a piece of garbage that you take every advantage?

According to you scriptures, that is exactly what you can do. If you believe in jesus, you can do anything except blasphemy (which according to you is actually impossible to do) and all will be forgiven as long as you repent. Just because you repent does not mean that you won't do it again.

(19-06-2015 08:33 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Or will you not cheat because you fear the consequences? There are entire Bible chapters on God punishing BELIEVERS who sin. You don't know the Bible, at all, it seems, and that's not a slur on you from me but I tell you that you don't WANT to know the Bible.

Are you high? God friggin' punishes EVERYBODY in the bible. The fall literally punishes EVERYBODY!! He calls for the deaths of those who do not agree with him (yep Jesus does this) and he kills for the most mundane of reasons. You are just like the pastors in my wife's church. Those who preach on the nice 15 verses in a chapter Deuteronomy but leave out all the nasty threats that follow in the same chapter for noncompliance. Cherrypicking at it's finest.

(19-06-2015 08:33 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I KNOW BECAUSE I WAS A SKEPTIC.

Keyword: WAS. The moment you stopped looking objectively is when you fell down the hole. If you applied the same eye on your faith as you do on other faiths, I can't imagine you wouldn't see your fallacious arguments as such.

(19-06-2015 08:33 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  He died and rose to cover your imperfections.

Going to need some evidence for this. You know, the kind of evidence that you would ask of a muslim who says Mohammed rode a flying chariot. I don't think him citing the Koran would convince you of it's truth.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 7 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
19-06-2015, 05:54 PM
(18-06-2015 03:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  This is why we laugh at you Q, because you're just one step removed from nihilism and psychopathy, but you're the only one who doesn't see it. Drinking Beverage

Hey now. As a nihilist I take offense. Angry

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
19-06-2015, 06:00 PM
(19-06-2015 08:33 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm guessing I've done more prison ministry than you. Smile When you see prisoners really and truly changed, you see the power of Christ. He's real.

(19-06-2015 09:02 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I worked in corrections for the last decade. I KNOW how the inmates behaved when the ministers were there and when they were not.

They'd do enough bible study to get the minister to throw some money on their commissary, or maybe send them some clothes or indigent supplies. Then it was back to watching TV, destroying jail property, and generally breaking as many rules as they thought they could get away with.

Lying to clowns like you Q for one hour a week is as easy as breathing for most behind bars.

^ This, this is why we keep Q around. Because it's so much fun to see him fish-slapped by the real world. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-06-2015, 06:17 PM
(19-06-2015 06:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 08:33 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm guessing I've done more prison ministry than you. Smile When you see prisoners really and truly changed, you see the power of Christ. He's real.

(19-06-2015 09:02 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I worked in corrections for the last decade. I KNOW how the inmates behaved when the ministers were there and when they were not.

^ This, this is why we keep Q around. Because it's so much fun to see him fish-slapped by the real world. Big Grin

Disingenuous, hypocritical Jesus juice is the nectar of life in jails and prisons. I loved telling the inmates who saw themselves as preachers that I was an atheist.

I've seen plenty of inmates dedicate their time to "finding Jesus" once incarcerated only to toss their bibles in the trash on the way out the door.
19-06-2015, 06:27 PM
(19-06-2015 06:17 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I've seen plenty of inmates dedicate their time to "finding Jesus" once incarcerated ...

That's what I would do. Parole boards seem to like it.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-06-2015, 06:32 PM
(19-06-2015 06:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 06:17 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I've seen plenty of inmates dedicate their time to "finding Jesus" once incarcerated ...

That's what I would do. Parole boards seem to like it.

Yes its often presented in court as an example of the inmates positive change, and unfortunately here in Oklahoma its often viewed as such.
20-06-2015, 10:03 AM
(19-06-2015 06:32 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Yes its often presented in court as an example of the inmates positive change, and unfortunately here in Oklahoma its often viewed as such.

Wait. You mean that the god card is really played at parole hearings and taken seriously? Wow. Never knew that. I always figured that many found god as a way to pass the time but not as a way to con the parole board. I wonder how often it comes up at the hearings of repeat offenders as to why they seem to keep finding jesus in the slammer.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac