Can't say how sex evolved, therefore Adam and Eve

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2015, 06:42 AM
RE: Can't say how sex evolved, therefore Adam and Eve
(22-06-2015 02:03 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Looks like the Q's taken a long weekend off with his new friend who is "meeting weekly with me for discipleship and fellowship."

Poor kid. I hope he's kept his trousers on.Drinking Beverage

I'd rather take a cross country drive with Caitlyn Jenner behind the wheel than spend an hour listening to Q pat himself and Jeebus on the back via scripture and feels.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
22-06-2015, 08:43 AM
(25-05-2015 02:21 PM)jockmcdock Wrote:  
(24-05-2015 07:45 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  [SNIP] to save bandwidth and therefore not actually a quote...

Excellent post. Like you my background is stats/probability/maths. But you expressed yourself much better than I could have.

thats the thing you see adam and eve knew how to reproduce and it was figured out once they saw each other naked. and they eat off the tree off good and KNOWLEGDE.
22-06-2015, 09:45 AM
(22-06-2015 08:43 AM)prycejosh Wrote:  
(25-05-2015 02:21 PM)jockmcdock Wrote:  Excellent post. Like you my background is stats/probability/maths. But you expressed yourself much better than I could have.

thats the thing you see adam and eve knew how to reproduce and it was figured out once they saw each other naked. and they eat off the tree off good and KNOWLEGDE.

[Image: th?id=JN.vZI%2be1IOxDD8DlV9Mbv39g&am...mp;amp;P=0]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
24-06-2015, 09:17 PM
(22-06-2015 08:43 AM)prycejosh Wrote:  
(25-05-2015 02:21 PM)jockmcdock Wrote:  Excellent post. Like you my background is stats/probability/maths. But you expressed yourself much better than I could have.

Is English your second language, or were you never taught grammar and punctuation?

Wouldn't it be nice to have a theist here who could actually read and write well enough to express themselves coherently?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-06-2015, 06:10 AM
(24-06-2015 09:17 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(22-06-2015 08:43 AM)prycejosh Wrote:  thats the thing you see adam and eve knew how to reproduce and it was figured out once they saw each other naked. and they eat off the tree off good and KNOWLEGDE.

Is English your second language, or were you never taught grammar and punctuation?

Wouldn't it be nice to have a theist here who could actually read and write well enough to express themselves coherently?

It looks like a bit of a freudian slip to me... a theist equating knowledge with evil and identifying it as being apart from good isn't such a big stretch.

As for them figuring it out afterwards, why would their god have given them the parts if he hadn't expected them to figure out how to use them at some point?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
25-06-2015, 08:04 AM
(21-06-2015 07:00 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I wonder if they will ever 'fess up???

Why do theists come here anyway? Should they not hang with Xians and Muslims with Muslims etc?

Are we not a bad influence? Smile

I think it's ego, they want to pat themselves on the back and brag to their friends and family about how strong their faith is. They went into the lion's den and came out unscathed.

Q likes to lie, so I'm sure he likes to make up stories about how he's saved a bunch of atheists or at least showed them the truth.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
25-06-2015, 03:04 PM
(25-06-2015 06:10 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(24-06-2015 09:17 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Is English your second language, or were you never taught grammar and punctuation?

It looks like a bit of a freudian slip to me... a theist equating knowledge with evil and identifying it as being apart from good isn't such a big stretch.

As for them figuring it out afterwards, why would their god have given them the parts if he hadn't expected them to figure out how to use them at some point?

I'm impressed you even tried to understand what he or she is saying. I can't be bothered.
25-06-2015, 03:42 PM
(24-06-2015 09:17 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Wouldn't it be nice to have a theist here who could actually read and write well enough to express themselves coherently?
Why? All they need to say is:
Why? God!
You're wrong!
God! Magic!
Evolution?! Hahaha!!
07-07-2015, 09:29 AM
(19-06-2015 08:44 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Seeing "prisoners really and truly changed, you see the power of Christ. He's real." is an absolute BS statement. What you witnessed was the power of desperation and a trapped audience willing to cling to anything to get through their sentence.

I think it is shameful that you provide religious dogma based on fiction and fantasy as a placebo to those trapped within a corner, with no other options. Disgusts me. Truly. Why don't you go down to the terminally ill ward at any children's hospital and tell the dying children about the BS glory of jesus and how he and god love them and if they just pray hard enough or believe strong enough all will be okay.

THIS is the shit I hate about religion, giving the desperate, sick, elderly, gullible and stupid false hope.

My father has done prison ministry for years. He publishes a regular newsletter. Much of the content comes from "inside ministers", incarcerated people who testify to the peace they have and the love of Christ in action in the prisons.

As for your other comments, I could go to the terminal ward of a children's hospital and pray and offer help or advice, sure. I'm recently returned from a funeral where I saw several people trust Jesus as we spoke afterward. What advice would you give the dying children there, based on your perspective/worldview as a skeptic?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
07-07-2015, 10:24 AM
(07-07-2015 09:29 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 08:44 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Seeing "prisoners really and truly changed, you see the power of Christ. He's real." is an absolute BS statement. What you witnessed was the power of desperation and a trapped audience willing to cling to anything to get through their sentence.

I think it is shameful that you provide religious dogma based on fiction and fantasy as a placebo to those trapped within a corner, with no other options. Disgusts me. Truly. Why don't you go down to the terminally ill ward at any children's hospital and tell the dying children about the BS glory of jesus and how he and god love them and if they just pray hard enough or believe strong enough all will be okay.

THIS is the shit I hate about religion, giving the desperate, sick, elderly, gullible and stupid false hope.

My father has done prison ministry for years. He publishes a regular newsletter. Much of the content comes from "inside ministers", incarcerated people who testify to the peace they have and the love of Christ in action in the prisons.

As for your other comments, I could go to the terminal ward of a children's hospital and pray and offer help or advice, sure. I'm recently returned from a funeral where I saw several people trust Jesus as we spoke afterward. What advice would you give the dying children there, based on your perspective/worldview as a skeptic?

Finding God and using it to change personal behaviors is easy to do when incarcerated. It's only proof that inmates find ways to pass the time.

I know what I'm talking about when it comes to inmates and prisons from a decade of firsthand experience and you don't so stfu and move on from this argument.