Can't say how sex evolved, therefore Adam and Eve

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2015, 11:11 AM
RE: Can't say how sex evolved, therefore Adam and Eve
(09-07-2015 10:21 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  How come it is okay to say, steal, or masturbate, or lie, or commit adultery, but not murder?
Murder ends a person's life. If you "need" a god to tell/show you that you are a sociopath.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like LostLocke's post
09-07-2015, 06:17 PM
(09-07-2015 10:24 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(08-07-2015 11:32 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  You fail to understand that you offer no hope. You offer a dream. If I were you, I would read them some Sagan. The universe is incredible already without some nonsense. I couldn't lie to that child.

You fail to understand that I'm again asking you what you/your worldview offer as an alternative? Have you been to a children's hospital lately to tell the kids, "Don't worry, soon there will be not only a lack of pain, there will be NOTHING and you will DISAPPEAR and NOT EXIST and 1,000 years from now, all you knew and know and love will be dust and forgotten..."?

What is your "hope", since you are adamant that I offer none?

Ónen i-Estel Edain, ú-chebin estel anim

That's not hope for you? Then I see why you want to attach a land of worthiness in your idea.

It's especially a pretty good recollection when there instead are children taught if they don't do/believe/think/say X they will be tortured even worse than they are in their condition eternally. Instead they just might fit the criteria that fits the correct check that will bring them to a place of unknown pleasantness. Escape from immense suffering is at times quite reassuring.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
10-07-2015, 07:23 AM
(09-07-2015 10:24 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(08-07-2015 11:32 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  You fail to understand that you offer no hope. You offer a dream. If I were you, I would read them some Sagan. The universe is incredible already without some nonsense. I couldn't lie to that child.

You fail to understand that I'm again asking you what you/your worldview offer as an alternative? Have you been to a children's hospital lately to tell the kids, "Don't worry, soon there will be not only a lack of pain, there will be NOTHING and you will DISAPPEAR and NOT EXIST and 1,000 years from now, all you knew and know and love will be dust and forgotten..."?

You call it hope, I call it disingenuous bullshit. I personally find it beautiful that the parts of my body will be recycled and support new life and that my death is necessary to continue the cycle and make way for others to experience the world in their own way. It is in fact true, demonstrable, and certainly more supportable than anything that rectum-derived afterlife you claim. I offer reality, you offer superstitious self-serving nonsense. I did understand your question. And I certainly wouldn't put it the way you did. Don't you even pretend that you would know what I would say.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 4 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
10-07-2015, 10:46 AM
(09-07-2015 06:17 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 10:24 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You fail to understand that I'm again asking you what you/your worldview offer as an alternative? Have you been to a children's hospital lately to tell the kids, "Don't worry, soon there will be not only a lack of pain, there will be NOTHING and you will DISAPPEAR and NOT EXIST and 1,000 years from now, all you knew and know and love will be dust and forgotten..."?

That's not hope for you? Then I see why you want to attach a land of worthiness in your idea.

It's especially a pretty good recollection when there instead are children taught if they don't do/believe/think/say X they will be tortured even worse than they are in their condition eternally. Instead they just might fit the criteria that fits the correct check that will bring them to a place of unknown pleasantness. Escape from immense suffering is at times quite reassuring.

Huh? I believe children who die all go to Heaven. They all have hope.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2015, 10:48 AM
(10-07-2015 07:23 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 10:24 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You fail to understand that I'm again asking you what you/your worldview offer as an alternative? Have you been to a children's hospital lately to tell the kids, "Don't worry, soon there will be not only a lack of pain, there will be NOTHING and you will DISAPPEAR and NOT EXIST and 1,000 years from now, all you knew and know and love will be dust and forgotten..."?

You call it hope, I call it disingenuous bullshit. I personally find it beautiful that the parts of my body will be recycled and support new life and that my death is necessary to continue the cycle and make way for others to experience the world in their own way. It is in fact true, demonstrable, and certainly more supportable than anything that rectum-derived afterlife you claim. I offer reality, you offer superstitious self-serving nonsense. I did understand your question. And I certainly wouldn't put it the way you did. Don't you even pretend that you would know what I would say.

I have both. I also find it lovely that my "system" goes into repurposing for others. However, I have hope beyond the grave for me, my id. So, in sum, and I don't want to put words in your mouth, so correct me if I'm wrong, you'd tell a dying child not to worry, they are experiencing something natural...? So why moan about it to a theist? I don't get it. Be consistent!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
10-07-2015, 10:54 AM
(10-07-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 06:17 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  That's not hope for you? Then I see why you want to attach a land of worthiness in your idea.

Huh? I believe children who die all go to Heaven. They all have hope.

And what literal context says that? Where is there some specific distinction between children and adult in way of being judged to go to Heaven or not? So if it's a child who is dying but he lives out long enough from his illness to become an adult, he is then in danger of punished for hell?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
11-07-2015, 02:54 PM
(10-07-2015 10:48 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Be consistent!

That's fucking funny as shit coming from you.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-07-2015, 05:58 PM
I thought all children went to pedophile priest heaven.

"So shall it be on earth as it is in heaven "

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
11-07-2015, 09:13 PM
(11-07-2015 05:58 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I thought all children went to pedophile priest heaven.

"So shall it be on earth as it is in heaven "

That means Catholic priests will be moved from heaven to heaven so that they won't be caught.
13-07-2015, 01:23 PM
(10-07-2015 10:54 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(10-07-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Huh? I believe children who die all go to Heaven. They all have hope.

And what literal context says that? Where is there some specific distinction between children and adult in way of being judged to go to Heaven or not? So if it's a child who is dying but he lives out long enough from his illness to become an adult, he is then in danger of punished for hell?

If you are unaware of the dozens of verses about how God deals with children and how He feels about children, I cannot help you.

But yes, if a child lives long enough to become a morally accountable adult, he may be judged. Do you feel you are a morally accountable adult? Because no one is perfect, and that is why Jesus died and rose, so that trusting Him, we are forgiven and saved.

Thanks.