Can't say how sex evolved, therefore Adam and Eve

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2015, 04:36 PM
RE: Can't say how sex evolved, therefore Adam and Eve
(13-07-2015 01:23 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(10-07-2015 10:54 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  And what literal context says that? Where is there some specific distinction between children and adult in way of being judged to go to Heaven or not? So if it's a child who is dying but he lives out long enough from his illness to become an adult, he is then in danger of punished for hell?

If you are unaware of the dozens of verses about how God deals with children and how He feels about children, I cannot help you.

But yes, if a child lives long enough to become a morally accountable adult, he may be judged. Do you feel you are a morally accountable adult? Because no one is perfect, and that is why Jesus died and rose, so that trusting Him, we are forgiven and saved.

Thanks.

No one is perfect.. 'cept that one guy...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2015, 05:22 PM
I was trying to find the scene in the animated movie Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (my favorite part of the film), where the main character tries to say some conforting things to a little girl about going to heaven when she dies, and the little girl looks almost offended that the adult is lying to her about death. The little girl says the most amazing thing to her in return, and it really helped me get over the last of my issues with transitioning from belief to atheism, when I saw it in the theatre.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find it, after a while of looking for just that scene. Maybe it's not up... in any case, I stopped looking when I found the following spoof of the movie, which was so awesome I decided to share it, instead:

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
16-07-2015, 07:20 AM
(13-07-2015 04:36 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(13-07-2015 01:23 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  If you are unaware of the dozens of verses about how God deals with children and how He feels about children, I cannot help you.

But yes, if a child lives long enough to become a morally accountable adult, he may be judged. Do you feel you are a morally accountable adult? Because no one is perfect, and that is why Jesus died and rose, so that trusting Him, we are forgiven and saved.

Thanks.

No one is perfect.. 'cept that one guy...

Yes, correct, Jesus Christ. This is the gospel. That trusting Him, your imperfections are erased so you can go to Heaven. Heaven is only a perfect utopia if perfect people are there.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user