Can't say how sex evolved, therefore Adam and Eve

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2015, 07:58 AM
RE: Can't say how sex evolved, therefore Adam and Eve
(27-05-2015 07:49 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 07:48 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Right. THEY don't need to have sex. What if we are just an experiment to develop a better food source for them (Soylent brown?)? Or maybe they are trying to develop a different host species? Come on!!! Did you see that guy's hair? He clearly knows what's up. Just kidding, the magic apple makes way more sense.

Holy. Fucking. Shit. I'm a cow....a fucking cow man...just some other species' cow...

Yes, you are a cow. Now eat of this magical apple from that enchanted tree over there that the aliens planted and curse all of your descendents to an eternity of gnashing grass, being slaughtered at times of the alien's choosing, and diseases. BTW, the magic apple also going to make a whole bunch of other diseases that you can't get but will kill other animals anyway because it's your fault. Remember, the aliens are giving you this apple because they love you and they love the smell of steak on an open fire.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2015, 07:59 AM
Can't say how sex evolved, therefore Adam and Eve
(27-05-2015 07:58 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 07:49 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Holy. Fucking. Shit. I'm a cow....a fucking cow man...just some other species' cow...

Yes, you are a cow. Now eat of this magical apple from that enchanted tree over there that the aliens planted and curse all of your descendents to an eternity of gnashing grass, being slaughtered at times of the alien's choosing, and diseases. BTW, the magic apple also going to make a whole bunch of other diseases that you can't get but will kill other animals anyway because it's your fault. Remember, the aliens are giving you this apple because they love you and they love the smell of steak on an open fire.

Moo?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
27-05-2015, 08:18 AM
How did Adam and Eve even figure out how to have sex? Perhaps there is no sex at all and it's just an illusion. I'm pretty sure it is, that's what I have to tell myself at least since it's been awhile since I've tested if it's an illusion or not Weeping

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
27-05-2015, 10:02 AM
(26-05-2015 03:29 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(26-05-2015 02:23 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  With great respect to your intelligent and thoughtful post, I don't think possibility or even plausibility is the issue here--despite the wonderful genetic mix that sexuality provides from two discrete parents.

Humans are somewhat evolved, and have difficult in sexual mating and rituals, a high percentage of homosexuality and asexuality and fetishes that make procreating and mating challenging, a long period of gestation, and a very, very long period of raising their young before they "leave the nest". Doesn't speak highly of evolutionary advances to me. Rather of Adam, Eve and the Fall!

.... how is "there is homosexuality, asexuality, fetishes, and k-selection" at all relevant to the original "gotcha" question about whether sexual reproduction could have come about in the context of evolutionary theory? It's almost as if you somehow missed (despite it being in the very first paragraph and outright quoted) that I was addressing a specific, clearly-identified criticism of evolutionary theory. How about I speak highly to you of first actually understanding what a post is about if you're going to care enough about it to reply to it?

The reply would include:

Obviously the person you were first responding to isn't a careful thinker. Stupid and smart people can be saved both, sorry you pulled one and not the other.

Obviously modern evolutionary science accounts for aberrations and difficulties. Yet I was not pointing to merely the genetic pooling of two in producing offspring or the challenges of mating, but the exceptionally lengthy periods of gestation and child rearing, etc. The Bible has an answer for everything important, including this issue (and the one I'm about to answer below). That's all.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-05-2015, 10:03 AM
(27-05-2015 08:18 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  How did Adam and Eve even figure out how to have sex? Perhaps there is no sex at all and it's just an illusion. I'm pretty sure it is, that's what I have to tell myself at least since it's been awhile since I've tested if it's an illusion or not Weeping

God made sex and sexual pleasure, bless Him! He married Adam to Eve. They were naked and unashamed. I bet they figured stuff out right quick! You're here, aren't you? Smile

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-05-2015, 10:08 AM
(27-05-2015 10:03 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 08:18 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  How did Adam and Eve even figure out how to have sex? Perhaps there is no sex at all and it's just an illusion. I'm pretty sure it is, that's what I have to tell myself at least since it's been awhile since I've tested if it's an illusion or not Weeping

God made sex and sexual pleasure, bless Him! He married Adam to Eve. They were naked and unashamed. I bet they figured stuff out right quick! You're here, aren't you? Smile

How do you judge they were married? I see no passage of anything close to that type of justification. Sounds like the biblical literalist adding things to the bible that aren't there again.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
27-05-2015, 10:50 AM
(27-05-2015 10:03 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  

Ok, lets turn this around. Let's say that they didn't eat the magic apple. By your statement, there would be no death but reproduction. So what was the plan? Furthermore, why dod god later forbid sex during menstration and call women "unclean" during this process? Or are you suggesting that the magic apple caused all of this as well?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
27-05-2015, 10:56 AM
(27-05-2015 10:50 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 10:03 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  God made sex and sexual pleasure, bless Him! He married Adam to Eve. They were naked and unashamed. I bet they figured stuff out right quick! You're here, aren't you? Smile

Ok, lets turn this around. Let's say that they didn't eat the magic apple. By your statement, there would be no death but reproduction. So what was the plan? Furthermore, why dod god later forbid sex during menstration and call women "unclean" during this process? Or are you suggesting that the magic apple caused all of this as well?

If they didn't eat the magic fruit--there would be no reproduction either since they would not have been attracted to each other in a sexual way. After eating the fruit, they noticed each other in a sexual way, before that---no sexual interest.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
27-05-2015, 10:57 AM
(27-05-2015 10:03 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  God made sex and sexual pleasure, bless Him! He married Adam to Eve. They were naked and unashamed. I bet they figured stuff out right quick! You're here, aren't you? Smile

But...but evolution? You are openly pro-evolution and, well....this is what comes from your brain concerning human origins? Few questions there laughing boy:

How do you know sex was pleasing to the all-time power couple?
Were they married or just in for a hookup?
How do you know there was no shame?
How old were they?
Did they know how to carry and birth a child safely?
Do you plan to grow up into a responsible adult anytime soon?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
27-05-2015, 11:00 AM

It is all an illusion. Mooooooooooooooo

[Image: 700cow.jpg]

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick