Can't say how sex evolved, therefore Adam and Eve

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2015, 02:44 PM
RE: Can't say how sex evolved, therefore Adam and Eve
(27-05-2015 10:02 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(26-05-2015 03:29 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  .... how is "there is homosexuality, asexuality, fetishes, and k-selection" at all relevant to the original "gotcha" question about whether sexual reproduction could have come about in the context of evolutionary theory? It's almost as if you somehow missed (despite it being in the very first paragraph and outright quoted) that I was addressing a specific, clearly-identified criticism of evolutionary theory. How about I speak highly to you of first actually understanding what a post is about if you're going to care enough about it to reply to it?

The reply would include:

Obviously the person you were first responding to isn't a careful thinker. Stupid and smart people can be saved both, sorry you pulled one and not the other.

Obviously modern evolutionary science accounts for aberrations and difficulties. Yet I was not pointing to merely the genetic pooling of two in producing offspring or the challenges of mating, but the exceptionally lengthy periods of gestation and child rearing, etc. The Bible has an answer for everything important, including this issue (and the one I'm about to answer below). That's all.

Horseshit.

Long gestation periods are typical of mammals, as is long parental care and high-level investment in offspring (relative to a species' lifespan). It's actually rather advantageous to humans to have long periods of child-rearing as our young are weak, soft things perfect for a light snack for any enterprising Savannan predators with which our millennia-dead ancestors would have existed, plus our young have increasing utility as they survive and age so it would have paid to have them around for longer than perhaps may be necessary. Add to that that the tribe-based social structure would have promoted and allowed for extended investment in young...

The only 'difficulty' I can think of in human mating is childbirth, and the costs of that issue is paid for by the benefits of larger brain size which causes it. Compared to a good deal of other animals, our mating system is positively budget in terms of cost, especially since we don't have to make ourselves a target in order to attract attention unlike many species which require it in order to mate.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2015, 04:37 PM
Reltzik...."Knowledge, knowledge, knowledge."

Q...."Nuh uh, God."

Still waiting on that scripture describing the wedding fuck nut.
27-05-2015, 05:10 PM
Can't say how sex evolved, therefore Adam and Eve
It's obvious that Adam and Eve were married. After all, only married couples have set! Duh!

Checkmate, atheists.

In other news, magic and goddidit.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
27-05-2015, 05:34 PM
(27-05-2015 10:03 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 08:18 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  How did Adam and Eve even figure out how to have sex? Perhaps there is no sex at all and it's just an illusion. I'm pretty sure it is, that's what I have to tell myself at least since it's been awhile since I've tested if it's an illusion or not Weeping

God made sex and sexual pleasure, bless Him! He married Adam to Eve. They were naked and unashamed. I bet they figured stuff out right quick! You're here, aren't you? Smile

Wouldn't Eve have been married to Adam? I mean, c'mon, the man is the head of the family...or do you follow the Goddess instead of the God?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
27-05-2015, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2015 06:55 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
life inexplainable thus GOD!...I posit the three headed pink bunny ate its own shit and vomited man. Makes total sense...as much as the xtian anthropocentric based concept of the creator.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
27-05-2015, 10:08 PM
(27-05-2015 06:48 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  life inexplainable thus GOD!...I posit the three headed pink bunny ate its own shit and vomited man. Makes total sense...as much as the xtian anthropocentric based concept of the creator.

Which bunny?

This one:

[Image: Hunky-Jesus-2014-Bunny-Ears.jpg]

or this one:

[Image: pink_bunny_by_alexruizart-d695dd7.jpg]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
27-05-2015, 10:13 PM
[Image: Ke9Q3yo.jpg]
(27-05-2015 10:08 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 06:48 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  life inexplainable thus GOD!...I posit the three headed pink bunny ate its own shit and vomited man. Makes total sense...as much as the xtian anthropocentric based concept of the creator.

Which bunny?

This one:

or this one:

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
27-05-2015, 10:18 PM

Seeing as there is no evidence for any of this, I will just play theist and proclaim that the bunny was this. I sleep WAY better with this goddess on my mind.

[Image: orig-9212711.jpg]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
27-05-2015, 11:39 PM
(27-05-2015 10:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  [Image: Ke9Q3yo.jpg]
(27-05-2015 10:08 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Which bunny?

This one:

or this one:

This bunny would be better I think:

[Image: Sexy-Rascally-Rabbit-Costume-BN-7013-2.jpg]

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
27-05-2015, 11:55 PM
(27-05-2015 11:39 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 10:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  [Image: Ke9Q3yo.jpg]

This bunny would be better I think:

[Image: Sexy-Rascally-Rabbit-Costume-BN-7013-2.jpg]

I'm still going with the Christopher Walken one...

[Image: 2c6c43f89a6afc24a70e5784252de9465e1778a6...4730b1.jpg]