Can't sleep, how's it done?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2012, 08:45 PM
(06-12-2012 01:46 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 12:36 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Melatonin has also been connected to extremely lucid dreams bordering on nightmares. It wasn't worth it for me to take the few times I tried it.
I would think that it'd be more difficult for a lucid dream to become a nightmare. I mean, if you're aware you're dreaming, you can change it as you go along, as it were.

Sorry. Meant to say vivid.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2012, 08:52 PM
RE: Can't sleep, how's it done?
I don't believe you Erx, I think you meant what you said but you thought lucid meant what vivid means. How embarrassing.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Yes, that is what I meant to say.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
07-12-2012, 02:10 AM
Oh, and for the record, I wasn't trying to be a pain in the butt (not more than usual anyway), just honestly curious.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
07-12-2012, 02:52 AM
The true secret to great sleep is to be able to temporarily not give a shit about your problems. When I was a kid and hated school due to being teased, my parents put me to bed at about 7pm on school nights. I learned really early in life that you have to be able to put aside anything that bothers you. I have been able to do this for about 25 years now and I sleep like the dead. I ignore my phone and pretty much anything else while I sleep. I learned to have no cares. I have a house and do worry about money and other things, but when I sleep it is me time. My wife and I had to live with my then best friend while we were fixing up our place and we hated it. One day my father in law came to the place where we were living to get me to go to the house we were working on. He is a big guy and was a marine, so I know he can yell pretty loud. Well, I was sleeping when he showed up and he says he was inches from my face yelling at me to wake up. I woke up several hours later and had no clue that he had been there. Not giving a shit is the best way to sleep.
07-12-2012, 02:55 AM
(07-12-2012 02:52 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The true secret to great sleep is to be able to temporarily not give a shit about your problems. When I was a kid and hated school due to being teased, my parents put me to bed at about 7pm on school nights. I learned really early in life that you have to be able to put aside anything that bothers you. I have been able to do this for about 25 years now and I sleep like the dead. I ignore my phone and pretty much anything else while I sleep. I learned to have no cares. I have a house and do worry about money and other things, but when I sleep it is me time. My wife and I had to live with my then best friend while we were fixing up our place and we hated it. One day my father in law came to the place where we were living to get me to go to the house we were working on. He is a big guy and was a marine, so I know he can yell pretty loud. Well, I was sleeping when he showed up and he says he was inches from my face yelling at me to wake up. I woke up several hours later and had no clue that he had been there. Not giving a shit is the best way to sleep.
Yeah, but not everyone can manage that. I'm like this, too, and most of the time have no trouble putting everything aside. Noise, however, I can't deal with. I'm an extremely light sleeper (as in painfully light) and that can really suck. But yeah, sleep is 'me time' and anyone who messes with my 'me time' has it coming Censored

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
08-12-2012, 01:39 AM
I would like to be the kind of person that can fall asleep when I'm really tired, but God is apparently cursing me for not believing in it.

~Izel
08-12-2012, 10:11 AM
(08-12-2012 01:39 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I would like to be the kind of person that can fall asleep when I'm really tired, but God is apparently cursing me for not believing in it.

Nah, it is probably something you ate. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
08-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Perhaps I'd sleep better if I quit taking all you people to bed with me.

Big Grin

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user