Can't sleep, how's it done?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2011, 03:04 AM
RE: Can't sleep, how's it done?
Lucradis, do you need a torrent link for the Skyrim, so that you do not need to spend money on it, but can play it nonetheless?

Piratebay rules!

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2011, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2011 09:41 AM by Malleus.)
OK, here's my cure:

I have a HUGE collection of radio theater (unfortunately it's in my native language and what are the odds, really?) but I suppose this works with audio books too.

Right when i go to bed, I take my ipod, I schedule it for shutdown and I play something in complete darkness. However, and here's the trick, make the volume waaaaaaay down so you actually need to relax your breath to be able to hear it. Focus on the story or don't, doze in and out of the story, whatever, the purpose is to get asleep, not to become more cultural. It helps if you already listened to that particular play/book a couple of times before so you don't get trapped in the story.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
09-04-2012, 07:10 AM
Read before you go to sleep, I read somewhere that it relaxes your brain and helps you to fall asleep, I tried it and it works really well Big Grin

Oh btw watching tv, playing video games or anything with a screen actually does the complete opposite.

Hope this helps Smile
06-12-2012, 05:35 AM
Can't sleep, how's it done?
Meh. Who told my insomnia it could come back?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
06-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Hah, sucks to be you dick cheese.

My stress has apparently hit a milestone event because it no longer keeps me awake, instead opting for the knockout exhaustion tactic. I'm lucky to make it to 9 o'clock most days. I can barely keep my eyes open as I type this. Mwa hahahah.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
06-12-2012, 09:38 AM
(06-12-2012 09:34 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Hah, sucks to be you dick cheese.

My stress has apparently hit a milestone event because it no longer keeps me awake, instead opting for the knockout exhaustion tactic. I'm lucky to make it to 9 o'clock most days. I can barely keep my eyes open as I type this. Mwa hahahah.
You can't make it til 9am? Consider

Turns out I can be awake a full 24 hours and not feel tired yet.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
06-12-2012, 10:05 AM
(06-12-2012 09:38 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 09:34 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Hah, sucks to be you dick cheese.

You can't make it til 9am? Consider

Turns out I can be awake a full 24 hours and not feel tired yet.
Turns out I can be asleep a full 24 hours and not feel awake yet.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 4 users Like Logica Humano's post
06-12-2012, 12:20 PM
The Melatonin suggestion might work, but only in conjunction with other things. When your circadian rhythms are disrupted, it's hard to get them back to what you want. The sleep docs say always go to bed at the same time. The "white noise"/tape thing helps. Mostly you just need to be tired. EXERCISE until you drop. It will "reset" your clock, (maybe).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

06-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Melatonin has also been connected to extremely lucid dreams bordering on nightmares. It wasn't worth it for me to take the few times I tried it.

06-12-2012, 01:46 PM
(06-12-2012 12:36 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Melatonin has also been connected to extremely lucid dreams bordering on nightmares. It wasn't worth it for me to take the few times I tried it.
I would think that it'd be more difficult for a lucid dream to become a nightmare. I mean, if you're aware you're dreaming, you can change it as you go along, as it were.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."