Can't sleep, how's it done?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2011, 11:25 AM
RE: Can't sleep, how's it done?
Well I ended up only getting about half an hour or so of sleep. Pretty awesome. Funny thing is that when I was a kid I never seemed to need sleep, it only got in my way. Now I require it to even half function, then I need coffee (a drink I don't even particularly like) to get me the rest of the way.

Today I am forgetful, and sloppy. I cant think straight and I'm sitting here typing while watching Dora The Explorer with my kid. I hate this show. It burns my skull with it's flatulence.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I did pretty much none of them lol. I should have mentioned that I don't drink anymore either. I have yet to get my hands on a decent bible so that was out too. I can't watch or listen to anything whether I've seen it before or not, or whether I like it or not. I'm incapable of droning it out, I always get involved somehow. Same with reading, I get right into it. And meditation seems .... kind of not my style. Smile I'll figure something out, though I doubt I'll have any issues tonight... so tired.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Funny to say, because I'm young and you wouldn't think it, but I developed insomnia, or something worse, a year ago (during my summer break). I thought it was just regular summer break syndrome- where you stay up until 4 in the morning, and sleep in 'till 1. But as it progressed. I was going 3 and 4- even 5 on deadly occasion- without any sleep. I was literally a walking zombie, and I even cried from the pain it caused, because I ached everywhere, and it felt like I was swelling. Though I wasn't. I can't say I've ever felt that awful or sick in my life. And as energy-less as I was, I still couldn't sleep. Then one night, I just managed to sleep, and though I didn't sleep as long as you'd think for someone being awake for DAYS, I felt a lot better when I woke up. Still felt like shit, but a lot better compared to before.

I hope you find something to put you to sleep Lucradis (look, I didn't call you ludacris this time.) Masterbating or boring yourself to death. Or getting McDonalds. Yum. [:

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
11-12-2011, 11:44 AM
I try three things if I'm struggling to sleep;

Masturbating
Put music on
Dose myself up on caffeine (weirdly enough a reasonable amount of caffeine can help me sleep, I'm just weird I think Big Grin)

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
11-12-2011, 01:52 PM
I had that problem for years, its stopped since i started college. Getting into a sleep routine helps massively, at first it wont feel like its helping but after a while when you get used to it you'll be out like a light when your head hits the pillow.
11-12-2011, 05:09 PM
I've had chronic insomnia for over a decade. I've just given up on the natural route and resigned myself to pharmaceutical assistance for life. For a while I didn't have a problem getting to sleep, I had a problem staying asleep. For that we used an old school intermediate-acting benzo called temazepam. But the last few years my problem has shifted to getting to sleep. It's like I get the chorus of a song in my head and the record player is skipping playing the same damn thing over and over and I can't turn it off. So we've changed my sleep stack accordingly. I take an OTC supplement from NatureMade containing melatonin, L-theanine, chamomile, passion flower, and lemon balm every night. When that doesn't take I supplement with a rotating schedule of lunesta, ambien, clonidine, and seroquel. I rotate them to try and minimize my tolerance to any single one.

I understand why sleep deprivation is an effective form of torture. If I were God I would know exactly how to make Hell.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-12-2011, 05:16 PM
(11-12-2011 05:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I take an OTC supplement from NatureMade containing melatonin, L-theanine, chamomile, passion flower, and lemon balm every night.

I understand why sleep deprivation is an effective form of torture. If I were God I would know exactly how to make Hell.

I've used a similar OTC called Deep Sleep with the same sort of blend, but without the melatonin. I had varied results. Added melatonin and that seems to do the trick...lately...for now. I recently stayed awake for 44 hours...not because I was working on any late night projects, and definitely not because I was tweakin' on anything, I just couldn't sleep. Pretty soon it became a mental game to see how long I could last. I don't recommend you try this at home. I am somewhat of a professional.

I'm sorry to hear you all suffer from this too. Yet, it's encouraging to hear what other people are trying. Heh...my mom even recently suggested the late night Bible Reading tactic to help me sleep. Smile

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
11-12-2011, 05:28 PM
(11-12-2011 01:13 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  My "Get to Sleep" method is to start at the top of the list and check off each one until something eventually works.

Masturbate
Smoke weed
Drink NyQuil
Take Benadryl
Masturbate again if necessary
Give up on sleeping and play video games until the sun comes up
Go get McDonalds breakfast since you're already up this early
Pass out on greasy eggy goodness

that is a good list BC however I'd just make an order correction.. swap 1 with 2 .. smoke weed first then masterbate .. rest of the list looks good

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 2 users Like ddrew's post
11-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Sleep deprivation a drug, Preach. Wink

(Good for religious visions, for the atheists in the audience). I know what you don't do, and that's soda and Kisses. Big Grin

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
12-12-2011, 05:37 AM
Pfff, I sleep like a baby every night, but I do smoke a few joints EVERY day. If you can't sleep and don't want to smoke, then just play something or watch movies until you shut down. My longest period without sleep was 3 days, but that was because I was so full of acid and on an illegal trance festival... Smile

I had trouble sleeping (didn't have weed) 2 times as I can remember, I was nowhere near sleeping and i had school in the morning, so I took half of some pill for calming down. I was dead in 10 minutes, but the next day was the worst, I couldn't get myself to be fully awake whole day, I couldn't concentrate, so I came to the conclusion that the pills are the worst thing you can do if you can't sleep. But weed is super.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
13-12-2011, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2011 05:59 PM by Mr Woof.)
(11-12-2011 05:16 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(11-12-2011 05:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I take an OTC supplement from NatureMade containing melatonin, L-theanine, chamomile, passion flower, and lemon balm every night.

I've used a similar OTC called Deep Sleep with the same sort of blend, but without the melatonin. I had varied results. Added melatonin and that seems to do the trick...lately...for now. I recently stayed awake for 44 hours...not because I was working on any late night projects, and definitely not because I was tweakin' on anything, I just couldn't sleep. Pretty soon it became a mental game to see how long I could last. I don't recommend you try this at home. I am somewhat of a professional.

I'm sorry to hear you all suffer from this too. Yet, it's encouraging to hear what other people are trying. Heh...my mom even recently suggested the late night Bible Reading tactic to help me sleep. Smile

I like the suggestion of Erxomai D.D. regards reading the Bible.
It that doesn't work try Kingchosens long thread; it might give you
nightmares though.Wink

(11-12-2011 05:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I've had chronic insomnia for over a decade. I've just given up on the natural route and resigned myself to pharmaceutical assistance for life. For a while I didn't have a problem getting to sleep, I had a problem staying asleep. For that we used an old school intermediate-acting benzo called temazepam. But the last few years my problem has shifted to getting to sleep. It's like I get the chorus of a song in my head and the record player is skipping playing the same damn thing over and over and I can't turn it off. So we've changed my sleep stack accordingly. I take an OTC supplement from NatureMade containing melatonin, L-theanine, chamomile, passion flower, and lemon balm every night. When that doesn't take I supplement with a rotating schedule of lunesta, ambien, clonidine, and seroquel. I rotate them to try and minimize my tolerance to any single one.

Hey G.M.
Re rotation-tolerance and varied tranqs, an excellent idea.
My sister has had realy serious insomnia probs for
decades, among other psych conditions so she is very
hard to help, without going crazy myself, if you get my drift.
The a/d mirtazapine makes me really sleep but drugged
up all day.Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post