Can the pope be demoted?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2013, 05:48 AM
Can the pope be demoted?
I'm sure that not everyone likes Prancis' recent progressive sayings, so I was wondering if there're cardinals at the Vatican who oppose him (those who didn't vote for him?) and can perhaps force him to resign, or demote him.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2013, 05:54 AM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2013 03:03 AM by Mark Fulton.)
RE: Can the pope be demoted?
(24-05-2013 05:48 AM)Vlad Wrote:  I'm sure that not everyone likes Prancis' recent progressive sayings, so I was wondering if there're cardinals at the Vatican who oppose him (those who didn't vote for him?) and can perhaps force him to resign, or demote him.

No. But they can
- kill him, or
- shut him up.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
24-05-2013, 06:32 AM
Would the Cardinals resort to such a solution, as murdering him? We're not in the Middle Ages anymore, after all... unless there was a similar case recently.

As for the other option, how would they do it?
24-05-2013, 08:02 AM
I have another question for you to ponder:

If the position of Pope is the highest possible position, just below God himself,

When the Pope dies, is he being fired or promoted?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
24-05-2013, 08:21 AM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2013 04:53 AM by Bucky Ball.)
They got rid of one in 1978.
It just happened to be the day after he fired the Vatican Secretary of State, and the head of the Vatican Bank. They just happened to have him embalmed before any investigation could be done. He had entertained the Communist leaders from South America, (which at the time was a HUGE scandal), and he was about to reverse the birth control ban, or rather "downgrade" it to "unimportant" ie not "seriously sinful"). The papers doing that were seen on his desk the evening before, and were never seen again.
See "In God's Name" by David Yallop,
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keyword...tal02dce_b and
http://www.amazon.com/The-Vatican-Expose...1591020654
"The Vatican Exposed; Money Murder and the Mafia, by Paul Williams.
It's all about the Vatican bank and all the money (200 mil) that they lost for the mafia in the Banco Ambrosiano, (Milan) bank failure.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-05-2013, 08:54 AM
(24-05-2013 06:32 AM)Vlad Wrote:  We're not in the Middle Ages anymore, after all...

Exactly. We're not in the middle ages anymore. Wink

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
24-05-2013, 01:00 PM
(24-05-2013 08:02 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I have another question for you to ponder:

If the position of Pope is the highest possible position, just below God himself,

When the Pope dies, is he being fired or promoted?

Many, many popes deserved fire. And brimstone. Eternally.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
24-05-2013, 01:20 PM
(24-05-2013 05:48 AM)Vlad Wrote:  I'm sure that not everyone likes Prancis' recent progressive sayings, so I was wondering if there're cardinals at the Vatican who oppose him (those who didn't vote for him?) and can perhaps force him to resign, or demote him.

Isn't it funny to consider that people have to vote with who they want to put in position because they all have different ideas about "what god would want" ?
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post