Can the study of scripture be done in a scientific way?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2017, 05:30 PM
RE: Can the study of scripture be done in a scientific way?
(04-03-2017 04:42 PM)hecrow55 Wrote:  ...some atheists and agnostics usually seem more exceptive eventually to what I share than do Christians. ...

I am very exceptive of what you have to say. I take exception to just about all of it.
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
04-03-2017, 05:35 PM
(04-03-2017 05:27 PM)hecrow55 Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 05:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  !!!TO HECROW55!!!

Thanks for the story. But I didn't understand: What did you learn exactly? This: "Every man of the children of Israel shall pitch by his own standard, with the ensign of their father's house: "?

Joseph having to go to Bethlehem for the census because that was the home of his heritage. Self-similar to what was written about the Israelites' having to pitch by the standard that depicted their father's house.

LOL. There is no end to you dot-connecting.
You are suffering from a KNOWN mental disorder :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
04-03-2017, 05:37 PM

Thanks for the story. But I didn't understand: What did you learn exactly? This: "Every man of the children of Israel shall pitch by his own standard, with the ensign of their father's house: "?

Joseph having to go to Bethlehem for the census because that was the home of his heritage. Self-similar to what was written about the Israelites' having to pitch by the standard that depicted their father's house.

You believe that they conducted a census in which everybody had to go back to where their family lived years before? Really? Just how gullible are you?

That's one of the more pathetically obvious signs that the writer was making up the story that there is. Not only would that be massively disruptive for everybody involved but it would be pointless because the point of a census is not to determine where people's ancestors lived.

It also places Jesus's birth at least 9 years later than the other birth narrative.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
04-03-2017, 05:37 PM
(04-03-2017 05:30 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 04:42 PM)hecrow55 Wrote:  ...some atheists and agnostics usually seem more exceptive eventually to what I share than do Christians. ...

I am very exceptive of what you have to say. I take exception to just about all of it.
Drinking Beverage

There is no such word as "exceptive", dumbass.
It's "accepting".

You are a heretic.
Jebus no likey heretics.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
04-03-2017, 05:45 PM
(04-03-2017 04:51 PM)abaris Wrote:  [
So what prophecies out of fables were there to fulfill?
And secondly, do you believe in the trinity? If so, was Jesus god? The one and only god?

Good questions. Let's deal with the 2nd one first since it is also evidence of Jesus being the Prophet like unto Moses.

Exo 4:10 And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. 11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD? 12 Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say. 13 And he said, O my Lord, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send. 14 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart. 15 And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do. [/b 16 [b]And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God.

In this portion of the story of Moses we find three entities. God speaks to Moses. Moses tells it to Aaron. Aaron is then to recite it to the people.

Jesus speaks of the Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, who will remind one what Jesus had said and lead into all truth. Jesus also speaks of how He will pray to the Father for us.

The way I describe the unity of the Trinity is this way:

God the Father is the one who knows all things.

But what good is that if it cannot be communicated to His beloved children?

God the Son, the Word. The communication of all that is God to his children.

But what good is that if it is just a short time?

God the Spirit. The continuation of all that is God and the communication thereof.

Basically, it is the brain (Father), the mouth (Son), and the heart (Spirit) of one being so to speak.

You could also view the OT as the Father, the Gospels as the Son, and the rest of the NT as the Spirit.

As far as a fable that Jesus fulfills, would the story of Adam and Eve do?

It would take quite a few post to do it, but I am more than willing. Will involve many scriptures also to present the evidence.
04-03-2017, 05:46 PM
(04-03-2017 05:27 PM)hecrow55 Wrote:  Joseph having to go to Bethlehem for the census because that was the home of his heritage. Self-similar to what was written about the Israelites' having to pitch by the standard that depicted their father's house.

Again, since you jumped to a post that's obviously easier for you - how can Jesus fullfil prophecies from fables? Where's the value in that?

And, do you consider Jesus to be god? According to the trinity - almighty, omniscient, immortal, eternal?
04-03-2017, 05:47 PM
(04-03-2017 05:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 05:30 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I am very exceptive of what you have to say. I take exception to just about all of it.
Drinking Beverage

There is no such word as "exceptive", dumbass.
It's "accepting".

You are a heretic.
Jebus no likey heretics.

Opps! typo. Get some beams and nails!

Got an injured finger right now, so please excuse me if I miss one or two more of these.

lol
04-03-2017, 05:48 PM
(04-03-2017 05:46 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 05:27 PM)hecrow55 Wrote:  Joseph having to go to Bethlehem for the census because that was the home of his heritage. Self-similar to what was written about the Israelites' having to pitch by the standard that depicted their father's house.

Again, since you jumped to a post that's obviously easier for you - how can Jesus fullfil prophecies from fables? Where's the value in that?

And, do you consider Jesus to be god? According to the trinity - almighty, omniscient, immortal, eternal?

The other was a lot shorter answer is why I did it first. Wink
04-03-2017, 05:49 PM
(04-03-2017 05:48 PM)hecrow55 Wrote:  The other was a lot shorter answer is why I did it first. Wink

So, will you answer my questions?
04-03-2017, 05:52 PM

Ok, why do you need to know this? Why would Jesus wanted to teach you this?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED