Can the study of scripture be done in a scientific way?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2017, 06:01 PM
RE: Can the study of scripture be done in a scientific way?
(04-03-2017 05:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 05:27 PM)hecrow55 Wrote:  Joseph having to go to Bethlehem for the census because that was the home of his heritage. Self-similar to what was written about the Israelites' having to pitch by the standard that depicted their father's house.

Ok, why do you need to know this? Why would Jesus wanted to teach you this?

Because I asked Him to teach me about everything. It began with Him showing me how He fulfilled the law of Moses. I wrote a book about it but haven't published it yet. Its 100,000 words most of which are Bible verses. I posted it on Authonomy, which is now no more, and got many responses to it. One remarked, 'WOW! What an exegesis!' Had to look up what an exegesis was. I'm such a babe.
Blush
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2017, 06:02 PM
(04-03-2017 05:49 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 05:48 PM)hecrow55 Wrote:  The other was a lot shorter answer is why I did it first. Wink

So, will you answer my questions?

See post 50
04-03-2017, 06:03 PM
(04-03-2017 06:01 PM)hecrow55 Wrote:  snip

Again, will you answer my questions or are they too difficult for you? No shame in that.

(04-03-2017 06:02 PM)hecrow55 Wrote:  See post 50

No, I don't see post 50.

I asked two concrete questions. Post 50 doesn't answer them.
04-03-2017, 06:05 PM
(04-03-2017 05:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  LOL. There is no end to you dot-connecting.
You are suffering from a KNOWN mental disorder :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia

Isa 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Thank you. Once all the dots are connected in the right order, a full picture is viewed.
04-03-2017, 06:07 PM
(04-03-2017 06:05 PM)hecrow55 Wrote:  Thank you. Once all the dots are connected in the right order, a full picture is viewed.

So connect the dots. Starting with answering my two questions.

If the OT is fable, how can Jesus fulfill fable?

Is Jesus God, according to the trinity?
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
04-03-2017, 06:09 PM
(04-03-2017 06:07 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 06:05 PM)hecrow55 Wrote:  Thank you. Once all the dots are connected in the right order, a full picture is viewed.

So connect the dots. Starting with answering my two questions.

If the OT is fable, how can Jesus fulfill fable?

Is Jesus God, according to the trinity?

Here is what I posted before.

Good questions. Let's deal with the 2nd one first since it is also evidence of Jesus being the Prophet like unto Moses.

Exo 4:10 And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. 11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD? 12 Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say. 13 And he said, O my Lord, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send. 14 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart. 15 And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do. 16And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God.

In this portion of the story of Moses we find three entities. God speaks to Moses. Moses tells it to Aaron. Aaron is then to recite it to the people.

Jesus speaks of the Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, who will remind one what Jesus had said and lead into all truth. Jesus also speaks of how He will pray to the Father for us.

The way I describe the unity of the Trinity is this way:

God the Father is the one who knows all things.

But what good is that if it cannot be communicated to His beloved children?

God the Son, the Word. The communication of all that is God to his children.

But what good is that if it is just a short time?

God the Spirit. The continuation of all that is God and the communication thereof.

Basically, it is the brain (Father), the mouth (Son), and the heart (Spirit) of one being so to speak.

You could also view the OT as the Father, the Gospels as the Son, and the rest of the NT as the Spirit.

As far as a fable that Jesus fulfills, would the story of Adam and Eve do?

It would take quite a few post to do it, but I am more than willing. Will involve many scriptures also to present the evidence.
04-03-2017, 06:11 PM
(04-03-2017 06:09 PM)hecrow55 Wrote:  Exo 4:10 And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. 11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD? 12 Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say. 13 And he said, O my Lord, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send. 14 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart. 15 And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do. [/b 16 [b]And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God.

In this portion of the story of Moses we find three entities. God speaks to Moses. Moses tells it to Aaron. Aaron is then to recite it to the people.

Jesus speaks of the Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, who will remind one what Jesus had said and lead into all truth. Jesus also speaks of how He will pray to the Father for us.

The way I describe the unity of the Trinity is this way:

God the Father is the one who knows all things.

But what good is that if it cannot be communicated to His beloved children?

God the Son, the Word. The communication of all that is God to his children.

But what good is that if it is just a short time?

God the Spirit. The continuation of all that is God and the communication thereof.

Basically, it is the brain (Father), the mouth (Son), and the heart (Spirit) of one being so to speak.

You could also view the OT as the Father, the Gospels as the Son, and the rest of the NT as the Spirit.

As far as a fable that Jesus fulfills, would the story of Adam and Eve do?

It would take quite a few post to do it, but I am more than willing. Will involve many scriptures also to present the evidence.

OK, hogwash.

You claimed the OT to be fable. How can prophecies from fable be fullfilled?

Secondly, your definition of the trinity is in question, not some bible passages. Post your own opinion if you please.
04-03-2017, 06:12 PM
hecrow55 Wrote:Because I asked Him to teach me about everything. It began with Him showing me how He fulfilled the law of Moses.
If it is possible, tell me without quoting the Bible, just in your own words how you understand it.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
04-03-2017, 06:13 PM
(04-03-2017 06:01 PM)hecrow55 Wrote:  Because I asked Him to teach me about everything. It began with Him showing me how He fulfilled the law of Moses.

Uhhhh.... you realize that you're having an imaginanary conversation with a guy who has been dead for 2000 years, right?

Oh wait, no. No you don't realize that.

(04-03-2017 06:01 PM)hecrow55 Wrote:  I wrote a book about it but haven't published it yet. Its 100,000 words most of which are Bible verses.

Actually, that's called plagerism.

So basically your book consists of you making your free-style comments on other people's works. Yes, I see.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
04-03-2017, 06:15 PM
(04-03-2017 06:13 PM)Aliza Wrote:  So basically your book consists of you making your free-style comments on other people's works. Yes, I see.

Ask him if he calls himself Randy and see how that sits with him. Nevermind, inside joke from AF.