Can this belief that I have be proven to be impossible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2013, 07:23 AM
RE: Can this belief that I have be proven to be impossible
(21-12-2013 11:23 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  So it would seem to me, that even assuming this at can all be related to your brain (and it's emergent consciousness), the entangled counterpart would work in opposition instead of unison. Not only that, but there is nothing to indicate that the 'entangled' half would continue on functioning after you have died. At best you could potentially have a copy of your brain that mirrors how your brain operates, and changes to one would affect the other simultaneously even if separated by a space so far that it cannot be bridged by information moving at the speed of light over the same distance. However this would just mean that whenever your brain ceases to function at death, the other brain would also cease to function at the exact same time, even if they were separated by light-years worth of distance. That appears to be how quantum entanglement would work in this scenario.

Well it's also possible that there may be entangled halves that go the same direction as the other one (clockwise-clockwise or counter-counter)

And since the entanglement action happens instantly then there's no "time space" for a copy to be made. It will be all "connected" and be produced as "one", no?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Said copy would still be part of the physical world. Not in an ethereal alternate realm where trumpets are blaring and angels smile unto you.
Wait... I think you just proved Scientology had it right all along. Or was it Mormons that made you the boss of a whole planet? Well congratulations on demonstrating reincarnation anyway. Sorry if it's not the result you were expecting.
22-12-2013, 10:11 AM
(22-12-2013 09:40 AM)GaëlK7 Wrote:  Said copy would still be part of the physical world. Not in an ethereal alternate realm where trumpets are blaring and angels smile unto you.
Wait... I think you just proved Scientology had it right all along. Or was it Mormons that made you the boss of a whole planet? Well congratulations on demonstrating reincarnation anyway. Sorry if it's not the result you were expecting.

What makes you say that it wouldn't be part of "an afterlife"? And it won't be a copy it will be part of the same consciousness
22-12-2013, 10:13 AM
(22-12-2013 10:11 AM)Dustybite Wrote:  
(22-12-2013 09:40 AM)GaëlK7 Wrote:  Said copy would still be part of the physical world. Not in an ethereal alternate realm where trumpets are blaring and angels smile unto you.

What makes you say that it wouldn't be part of "an afterlife"? And it won't be a copy it will be part of the same consciousness

Where will this consciousness reside?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-12-2013, 10:24 AM
(22-12-2013 10:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-12-2013 10:11 AM)Dustybite Wrote:  What makes you say that it wouldn't be part of "an afterlife"? And it won't be a copy it will be part of the same consciousness

Where will this consciousness reside?

Wherever the afterlife would be.
22-12-2013, 10:29 AM
(22-12-2013 10:24 AM)Dustybite Wrote:  
(22-12-2013 10:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  Where will this consciousness reside?

Wherever the afterlife would be.

The afterlife for which there is no evidence or even a credible mechanism? That afterlife? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
22-12-2013, 10:49 AM
(22-12-2013 10:11 AM)Dustybite Wrote:  

The very mechanics of Quantum Entanglement upon which you're basing your own idea.
22-12-2013, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2013 12:31 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(22-12-2013 07:23 AM)Dustybite Wrote:  Well it's also possible that there may be entangled halves that go the same direction as the other one (clockwise-clockwise or counter-counter)

And since the entanglement action happens instantly then there's no "time space" for a copy to be made. It will be all "connected" and be produced as "one", no?

Yeah, thanks for selectively quoting my post. So instead allow me quote myself, maybe this time you'll actually fucking get it.

pos·si·ble
/ˈpäsəbəl/
adjective
1 - Able to be done; within the power or capacity of someone or something.

Now for comparison's sake, here is another word you don't seem terribly familiar with.

prob·a·ble
/ˈpräbəbəl/
adjective
1 - Likely to be the case or to happen.

So possibility is not the same as probability, they are not synonymous. It is possible that I am the Queen of England, but it is not very probable. To move an assertion out of the realm of possibility and into probability requires evidence, which have have yet to produce. Thus your assertions are entirely improbable, regardless of whether or not they are allowed by our current scientific understanding.

Ultimately, you are still lacking the most crucial thing.

[Image: Lack_Evidence.jpg]

Evidence; where the fuck is it?

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
22-12-2013, 06:26 PM
(22-12-2013 10:49 AM)GaëlK7 Wrote:  
(22-12-2013 10:11 AM)Dustybite Wrote:  What makes you say that it wouldn't be part of "an afterlife"? And it won't be a copy it will be part of the same consciousness

The very mechanics of Quantum Entanglement upon which you're basing your own idea.

How so?
23-12-2013, 07:53 AM
Dustybite, can your idea be observed in the real wold in any way? Can it be tested and verified?

If not, how can it make any useful predictions about the world? If it can't make predictions, of what use is your idea?