Can this belief that I have be proven to be impossible
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2013, 08:41 AM
RE: Can this belief that I have be proven to be impossible
I would have thought the quantum entanglement of souls and bodies would mean that when the body dies, the soul would also take upon the same state as the body. In other words, the soul would die too.

That, I think, is the proper correlation to be made.

Let's see what other imaginary things can we come up with that have no basis in reality, minus the fact that we have no evidence to believe them.

When we die, our souls move on to the great void and become similar to tiny plankton in an ocean, then you discover that you are simply soul food for a planet size etherial whale.

Or when we die, we discover that our souls really do have gravity and we are pulled to the center of the earth where we are trapped until the earth is destroyed by the sun millions of years later.

Or how about we just live our lives as if this is the only one we have and not spend so much time or effect imagining and more time relating to reality with family and good friends.

[Image: HappyHolidaysBanner1.jpg]

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
23-12-2013, 08:45 AM
RE: Can this belief that I have be proven to be impossible
(22-12-2013 06:26 PM)Dustybite Wrote:  
(22-12-2013 10:49 AM)GaëlK7 Wrote:  The very mechanics of Quantum Entanglement upon which you're basing your own idea.

How so?

Quantum Entanglement doesn't say you have an exact same copy of you personally that pops into existence once you die.
What it says is there's particles, wherever they are, some might be constituting you, that are in the same quantum state at the same time as other particles somewhere else in the universe.

If you devised ways to control the quantum state of your body, I'm sure there's a Nobel waiting for you once you've published.

On a basic level, it means one proton from your fingernail has some kind of twin that composes a rock on the fifth planet of Beta Eridani. It's neighbor has a twin that reproduces the exact quantum states as my grandmother's clock pendulum's neutrons, and there's a third that's so far away from us that there's no word to describe the distance.

Even if there was a copy of you with all the twins assembled somewhere else in the universe, well that's still the physical world it lives in.
You have no known means to communicate with said copy.
Although elementary particles quantum states don't actually care whether what they compose is dead or alive, if there were to be a copy that reproduced you exactly, this means it would die at the exact same time you do.

That's a pretty cool science fiction scenario right there, one Edgar Rice Burroughs unknowingly used for John Carter (more or less), but that's still not what you're thinking about.

Why does death frighten you anyway? It's not death itself that should frighten you, it's the years, minutes or seconds just before.
It's not like it's a new phobia either. So here's something that might be reassuring:

To fear death, gentlemen, is no other than to think oneself wise when one is not, to think one knows what one does not know. No one knows whether death may not be the greatest of all blessings for a man, yet men fear it as if they knew that it is the greatest of evils.

On second thought it might not be reassuring at all. All I'm saying is fear of death is pointless. It's not like there's anything you can do about it. What you may achieve though is avoid pain during the process of becoming dead, depending how it happens.

The alternative, living forever, and ever, and ever, that's the prospect that ought to put inconceivable fear in you. Think about it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GaëlK7's post