Can we stop blaming Trump?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2017, 05:10 PM
RE: Can we stop blaming Trump?
I see this one: Obama got to reduce the damage Le Shrub did to us.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2017, 05:56 PM
(18-03-2017 05:04 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 01:31 PM)julep Wrote:  Also not pushing at all for the criminal prosecution of Wall Streeters.
OK, Why didn't he do this?

He didn't do it because they're members of his tribe. Ivy League/MBA/executive (over)achievers who respect only each other and compete with each other and have little empathy for and no loyalty to the workers their companies employ or the suckers who buy their companies' products. Or anyone who was a C student. Hell, anyone who was a B student. Socially liberal corporatists who view their massively disproportionate compensation as their due and take zero effective responsibility for their company's actions or losses; they've already negotiated soft exits for themselves.

It's easier for fellow members of the tribe to persuade one another that their institutions are essential to keep the country going because, underneath the too-big-to-fail, we must have "skilled" management talk, is the urgent need to protect one another. Start questioning the ethics and competency of the heads of Morgan or Citicorp, you start undermining the rationale for all of those wonderful perks and salaries that are 500x the minimum wage.

puppet won't betray his tribe, either, and puppet's tribe ain't the working class. Working class people were fucked under Obama but they are going to be fucked sideways and upside down under puppet, and then puppet will kick them out of the bedroom without even giving them bus fare for the ride home.
[+] 5 users Like julep's post
18-03-2017, 07:24 PM
(18-03-2017 05:03 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 10:18 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Mishandling our involvement in the Arab Spring movements, no doubt. Getting us involved in a criminal war in Yemen.

How about killing Muslims by drones? How about deporting illegal immigrants? Can we blame Obama for this?

I'm obviously disturbed by the killing of noncombatants, be it by drone or otherwise.

I'm not averse to deporting illegal aliens, given some circumstances. My list wasn't meant to be exhaustive. When I'm on my phone I'm more pithy than normal, and such was the case with the reply you quoted.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
18-03-2017, 07:29 PM
Alla, I hope you find someone to fight with. Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-03-2017, 11:29 PM
(18-03-2017 05:08 PM)Alla Wrote:  Guys, I see that all of you are former president Obama supporters. Please, tell me what do you believe the most important things he achieved?

Why are you avoiding the OP's request that we talk about Republican responsibilities in dismantling ACA?

This thread is about Trump. Not Obama, not Clinton, not who-did-you-vote-for. Obama is no longer President, Hillary never was nor will be, and your Republicans have control of the Executive Branch and both Houses of Congress.

Why does this responsibility scare you so much that you don't even want to discuss it?

That's right -- because you know as well as I do they're going to fuck the monkey on this one. They have been bleating for eight years about dismantling the ACA, but don't have one single viable alternative to it, at all. They've been beating their meat on the prospect of its repeal, and have only just started considering the fact that that repeal will be a tar-baby.

Address the goddamned topic and quit dissimulating.
[+] 10 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
19-03-2017, 01:17 PM
Thumpalumpacus Wrote:Why are you avoiding the OP's request that we talk about Republican responsibilities in dismantling ACA?
This thread is about Trump. Not Obama, not Clinton, not who-did-you-vote-for. Obama is no longer President, Hillary never was nor will be, and your Republicans have control of the Executive Branch and both Houses of Congress.
I agree it is off topic but I really wanted to understand why so many people are happy with former president.
The reason why I asked you who you voted for is to know if you would apply the same standards to Hillary.
Thumpalumpacus Wrote:Why does this responsibility scare you so much that you don't even want to discuss it?
Address the goddamned topic and quit dissimulating.
Ok, I will.

19-03-2017, 01:24 PM
Keen Wrote:Trumpcare? No. Its Ryancare. Republicans are doing all the shit we hate
who are "we"?
Keen Wrote:Trump is irrelevant. He is just the guy who signs their papers at the end of the day. He is the retarded republican yes man.
this is just your personal opinion, correct?

19-03-2017, 01:36 PM
Thumpalumpacus Wrote:That's right -- because you know as well as I do they're going to fuck the monkey on this one.
Hmm. No, I don't know this. Not yet. How do you know? Please, explain.

Thumpalumpacus Wrote:They have been bleating for eight years about dismantling the ACA, but don't have one single viable alternative to it, at all
True, they had plenty of time. Politicians. This is why many, many Americans hate Washington DC and this is why we wanted to give them middle finger by voting for Trump and not for another crooked politician. Why do I want to give my money to those who screw us up all the time? Both Democrats and Republicans. I hope you don't believe that Democrats are cute and fuzzy. They gave us ACA. They gave us this horrible ACA.
I believe that Republicans have lots of great ideas. But they don't agree on everything. This is normal. I like this. It may bring forth great bill. I hope so. I really, really hope so. If they don't I will be very disappointed.

19-03-2017, 01:43 PM
(19-03-2017 01:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  They gave us this horrible ACA.

Why do you think it is so horrible? Plenty of people seem to be applying for it in Your Health Idaho .

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-03-2017, 01:58 PM
(19-03-2017 01:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Thumpalumpacus Wrote:That's right -- because you know as well as I do they're going to fuck the monkey on this one.
Hmm. No, I don't know this. Not yet. How do you know? Please, explain.

Thumpalumpacus Wrote:They have been bleating for eight years about dismantling the ACA, but don't have one single viable alternative to it, at all
True, they had plenty of time. Politicians. This is why many, many Americans hate Washington DC and this is why we wanted to give them middle finger by voting for Trump and not for another crooked politician. Why do I want to give my money to those who screw us up all the time? Both Democrats and Republicans. I hope you don't believe that Democrats are cute and fuzzy. They gave us ACA. They gave us this horrible ACA.
I believe that Republicans have lots of great ideas. But they don't agree on everything. This is normal. I like this. It may bring forth great bill. I hope so. I really, really hope so. If they don't I will be very disappointed.

What a depressing post this is. You didn't want to vote for a crooked politician so you voted for...Donald Trump? I guess if someone even less suitable for the job had been running they would've had your vote?

Please can I see a list of the great ideas you think republicans have?

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
[+] 7 users Like Vivian Darkbloom's post