Can we stop blaming Trump?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2017, 09:27 PM
RE: Can we stop blaming Trump?
(19-03-2017 01:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  Hmm. No, I don't know this. Not yet. How do you know? Please, explain.

Because they've spent eighteen months actively campaigning on "replacing" ACA, and now that they have control of the Executive and Legislative Branches, they still cannot agree on anything but stripping people of their coverage.

That's going to be a mighty hard sell to those unemployed coal-miners and Rust-Belters who put him in office. "You voted to kill my father," etc.

(19-03-2017 01:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  True, they had plenty of time. Politicians. This is why many, many Americans hate Washington DC and this is why we wanted to give them middle finger by voting for Trump and not for another crooked politician.

Instead, give your vote to a crooked businessman who doesn't know the first thing about how to get things done? This is laughably naive on the part of anyone who voted for Trump for reasons of his "integrity".

(19-03-2017 01:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  Why do I want to give my money to those who screw us up all the time? Both Democrats and Republicans. I hope you don't believe that Democrats are cute and fuzzy. They gave us ACA. They gave us this horrible ACA.

The ACA is a mixed bag. It has hurt some, and saved the lives of others. I would call it "imperfect" rather than "horrible", myself. Full disclosure: as a veteran who receives his healthcare through the VA, the ACA could neither help nor hurt me.

(19-03-2017 01:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  I believe that Republicans have lots of great ideas. But they don't agree on everything. This is normal. I like this. It may bring forth great bill. I hope so. I really, really hope so. If they don't I will be very disappointed.

You keep on placing your hopes in "those who screw us all the time", then. Me, I'm keeping a watch on both parties, and right now, the Republicans, led by Trump, look especially shitty. They need to come up with something really strong to keep their base of working-class whites, while at the same time not alienating the business class which is funding their campaigning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
19-03-2017, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2017 01:26 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-03-2017 01:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  True, they had plenty of time. Politicians. This is why many, many Americans hate Washington DC and this is why we wanted to give them middle finger by voting for Trump and not for another crooked politician.

Very infantile / childish. The only people who are "getting the middle finger" are those who voted for T. Rump. Every politician in Washington has been VOTED there. If you don't like what's there, then get off your ass, and get involved in politics. There is no "magic bullet", (and no magic man - T Rump) who can "fix everything". The messiah is not coming.

(19-03-2017 01:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  Why do I want to give my money to those who screw us up all the time? Both Democrats and Republicans. I hope you don't believe that Democrats are cute and fuzzy. They gave us ACA. They gave us this horrible ACA.

Nope. Actually Romney admitted the ACA was HIS plan, and it was written by the (Republican) Heritage Foundation. Get over it. Every advanced Western country (except the US) had universal coverage. Instead of repealing it, they could have tried to fix it, instead of whining and saying "it's horrible, it's terrible". In fact it's not, and many people have coverage they never had before. The Republicans NOW have no idea what they're going to do.

(19-03-2017 01:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  I believe that Republicans have lots of great ideas. But they don't agree on everything. This is normal. I like this. It may bring forth great bill. I hope so. I really, really hope so. If they don't I will be very disappointed.

They've already proven they have no ideas. The bill they have proposed is Ryan's OLD plan. It's going to fail. "Access" to healthcare is worthless, if you can't PAY for it.

Trump is a fraud. He was GIVEN his fortune. He never worked for a public company, never answered to a board, ran a number of businesses into bankruptcy. If you wanted a businessman, the least you could have done, is found a good one.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 10 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-03-2017, 01:20 AM
Short answer: no, we can't. Tramp is the face on this big fat Nazi Pig.
20-03-2017, 07:28 AM
(19-03-2017 07:13 PM)julep Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 05:04 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Too much to dissect...but I need more info on what you mean by 'pro school choice'.

Do you have children who currently attend public school? More specifically, do any of these children have special needs?

And has she bothered to look at the data about how poorly many of the students who used that "choice" to attend charter and private, voucher-accepting schools have done, compared to their public school counterparts? Because the data that's come out lately isn't that positive, to put it mildly.

My child had special needs, which were excellently met by our public school. I attended a poorly ranked public school myself and had no trouble getting into several elite colleges.

And when I taught college, the students from fancy private schools were slightly less well prepared for college than students from public schools.

YES.

And as it currently stands, private schools do not have to abide by IDEA.
Sounds like those "christians" are at it again!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
20-03-2017, 09:39 AM
(20-03-2017 07:28 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 07:13 PM)julep Wrote:  And has she bothered to look at the data about how poorly many of the students who used that "choice" to attend charter and private, voucher-accepting schools have done, compared to their public school counterparts? Because the data that's come out lately isn't that positive, to put it mildly.

My child had special needs, which were excellently met by our public school. I attended a poorly ranked public school myself and had no trouble getting into several elite colleges.

And when I taught college, the students from fancy private schools were slightly less well prepared for college than students from public schools.

YES.

And as it currently stands, private schools do not have to abide by IDEA.
Sounds like those "christians" are at it again!

To reinforce what Julep said; after I graduated, my public school I went to was taken over by the state for failing to meet No Child Left Behind's ridiculous bar of continual improvement on standardized testing (which we could have a whole topic on how standardized tests aren't a great measure of everyone) and I went on to get into, not elite colleges like Julep, but still decent ones.

And to comment on "sounds like those 'christians' are at it again", have to agree; when I was at Theology on Tap this summer, the priest was praising 'school choice' here in Cheeseland, saying that without it, his parish's school would have had to shut down, so they're huge proponents of it. I can only imagine the Evangelical ones that teach you Noah's Ark was real are also heavily in favor.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
20-03-2017, 09:50 AM
Is it at all surprising that the Grim Old Party is now talking out the other side of it's mouth? The Eight of Hate showed their true colors, and now they want us to kiss T.rump's ass. Awesome.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-03-2017, 10:28 AM
ShadowProject Wrote:Too much to dissect...but I need more info on what you mean by 'pro school choice'.
OK, this is how I understand "pro-choice". If I don't like public school in our district I can choose another public school or I can choose private school. It will be easier to enroll my child in charter school. If my understanding is correct I am pro-choice.
If my understanding is wrong I don't mind if you tell me that it is wrong and why it is wrong.

ShadowProject Wrote:Do you have children who currently attend public school? More specifically, do any of these children have special needs?

Yes, I have children in public school. My oldest son was on one of those programs. It was in LA, California. They said he had aphasia. He had trouble with expressing himself and with reading. I worried a lot. But an interesting thing that he is in BYU now and his major is English. He loves to write.
I don't know if that program helped or it was... let me say "it was a miracle". I don't want to tell you why I believe it was a miracle, but I may assume that the program helped him. My son told me that he doesn't believe the program helped him. He told me that kids(only boys) in his special need class never listened to a teacher and she didn't know what to do with them. I don't know if it is true but this is what my son told me.
My youngest son had speech classes for a year. I can say that they helped him. Teachers were great. This was in Idaho, small town of Melba.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
20-03-2017, 10:29 AM
(19-03-2017 09:19 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 01:17 PM)Alla Wrote:  I agree it is off topic [...]

Perhaps you should start your own thread about your own questions, and answer the questions put to you here?

Perhaps.

20-03-2017, 11:01 AM
Thumpalumpacus Wrote:Because they've spent eighteen months actively campaigning on "replacing" ACA, and now that they have control of the Executive and Legislative Branches, they still cannot agree on anything but stripping people of their coverage.
I agree with you, we would assume they were ready to replace ACA with something much, much better. I am willing to give them some time.
Thumpalumpacus Wrote:Instead, give your vote to a crooked businessman who doesn't know the first thing about how to get things done? This is laughably naive on the part of anyone who voted for Trump for reasons of his "integrity".
If Trump didn't know how to get things done he wouldn't become President. I didn't believe Trump will keep his promises. I am pleasantly surprised he kept some of his promises already and he tries hard to keep many more. I can say:"good job, Mr. President. You are hard working president. You meet so many people former president Obama ignored".

Why (in your opinion) is it better to prefer crooked politician over crooked businessman? Especially such crooked politician as Hillary Clinton? Look what she did in Libya? Look what happened to her "reset" or more accurately "overload" button with Russia? Look what she did with her private server and with deleted emails?
Thumpalumpacus Wrote:The ACA is a mixed bag. It has hurt some, and saved the lives of others. I would call it "imperfect" rather than "horrible", myself. Full disclosure: as a veteran who receives his healthcare through the VA, the ACA could neither help nor hurt me.
This is not how Obama and Democrats sold ACA. Lie of the year: "if you like your plan you can keep your plan, period. if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor, period". It was sold this way:"let's pass the bill and only then let's find out what is in it". It was sold the way that American people are so, so stupid they wouldn't understand what lies they were sold". One of ACA architects Gruber said this. Yes, this Democrat Gruber said you were too stupid. Does it make you angry? Or only lies of Republicans make you angry?

Thumpalumpacus Wrote:You keep on placing your hopes in "those who screw us all the time", then.
I assume you had your hopes in politician Obama who lied to American people": if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor, period". That's what we do. We vote and we hope they don't lie.
Are you better off then 8 years ago?

Me, I'm keeping a watch on both parties, and right now, the Republicans, led by Trump, look especially shitty. They need to come up with something really strong to keep their base of working-class whites, while at the same time not alienating the business class which is funding their campaigning.
Obama had 8 years and he abandoned working class whites and LATINOS and BLACKS, not only whites. Democrats abandoned them. Trump and Republicans just started. I will give them a little more time.

20-03-2017, 11:08 AM
(20-03-2017 11:01 AM)Alla Wrote:  Are you better off then 8 years ago?

Unequivocally yes. My net worth doubled.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post