Can we stop blaming Trump?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2017, 04:04 PM
RE: Can we stop blaming Trump?
adey67 Wrote:Trump doesn't want to help anyone except himself and has an ego larger than Alaska.
This is subjective opinion. You can not know what he wants unless you know man's thoughts and his heart. I have doubt you are that all-knowing.

adey67 Wrote:Where on earth did you get the idea he wants to help poorer people ?
It is not my idea, Trump said this. I heard it with my own ears.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2017, 04:06 PM
(20-03-2017 12:39 PM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  Trump may have just started, but the Republican party has been "off the reservation" for many years. They spent the last two presidential terms ensuring they were the least productive in history (unless the subject was closing down clinics and defunding Planned Parenthood), behavior so disgusting and childish it has forever made it impossible for me to vote for a single member of that party.

I agree with you. This is why we have Trump, not your typical Republican.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
20-03-2017, 04:22 PM
(20-03-2017 04:04 PM)Alla Wrote:  It is not my idea, Trump said this. I heard it with my own ears.

Did you ever read any of the fact-checking on Trump's claims during the campaign?
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
20-03-2017, 05:43 PM
(20-03-2017 10:29 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 09:19 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Perhaps you should start your own thread about your own questions, and answer the questions put to you here?

Perhaps.

[Image: 5do6cl.jpg]

Have your people contact my people when you're feeling well enough to do this.
20-03-2017, 06:21 PM
(20-03-2017 11:01 AM)Alla Wrote:  I agree with you, we would assume they were ready to replace ACA with something much, much better. I am willing to give them some time.

They've already had eight years. How much more do they need?

You're either missing my point, or deliberately ignoring it: The Republicans have campaigned against ACA for eight years, and still haven't got a replacement. Why is that?

Me, I plan ahead. When I have a goal I haven't yet attained, I still plan for the hypotheticals that come along with success. How is it that these Republicans have not bothered to introduce one single bill in eight years to replace ACA? How is it that even now that they have a Republican Congress, they cannot themselves cobble together the flimsiest of screens?

They are indeed the Party of No. They don't give a fuck whether you live or die. They don't care if you have insurance or not.

And you vote for them.

(20-03-2017 11:01 AM)Alla Wrote:  If Trump didn't know how to get things done he wouldn't become President. I didn't believe Trump will keep his promises. I am pleasantly surprised he kept some of his promises already and he tries hard to keep many more. I can say:"good job, Mr. President. You are hard working president. You meet so many people former president Obama ignored".

Unlike Obama, he ignored appelate judges, and thus will not be able to deliver on one promise of his. Just because he was able to hornswoggle naifs like yourself doesn't mean he will be able to navigate the corridors of power. You, who know little of the politics of my home country, assume much.

(20-03-2017 11:01 AM)Alla Wrote:  Why (in your opinion) is it better to prefer crooked politician over crooked businessman? Especially such crooked politician as Hillary Clinton? Look what she did in Libya? Look what happened to her "reset" or more accurately "overload" button with Russia? Look what she did with her private server and with deleted emails?

"But Mommy, Billy did it too!"

We've already agreed that this is a bullshit method of defense from you. Quit using it. Quit deflecting, quit fingerpointing, and defend Trump on his own terms. Seriously, you don't realize how dumb you look when you

(20-03-2017 11:01 AM)Alla Wrote:  This is not how Obama and Democrats sold ACA. Lie of the year: "if you like your plan you can keep your plan, period. if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor, period". It was sold this way:"let's pass the bill and only then let's find out what is in it". It was sold the way that American people are so, so stupid they wouldn't understand what lies they were sold". One of ACA architects Gruber said this. Yes, this Democrat Gruber said you were too stupid. Does it make you angry? Or only lies of Republicans make you angry?

Well, I was against ACA as it was passed, because it seemed very clear to me that it represented a massive shift of wealth from individuals to corporations with very little guarantee of the individual getting much out of it. Some did, some didn't. But why are you asking me about my opinions towards ACA? You're the one who called it "horrible", and you haven't explained why. "How it was sold" is not a criticism of the plan itself, but of its supporters -- once again, an ad homineim from you in preference to avoiding substance. I should be used to this by now.

What, exactly, are your objections to ACA? Be specific. Cite the clauses you find objectionable, and why.

(20-03-2017 11:01 AM)Alla Wrote:  I assume you had your hopes in politician Obama who lied to American people": if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor, period". That's what we do. We vote and we hope they don't lie.
Are you better off then 8 years ago?

That would be a fatuous assumption on your part. I'm too old to place hopes in any politician. You keep on thinking what you will, though. You'll learn eventually (though this is looking to be a very long process with you) that I'm not your run-of-the-mill voter.

(20-03-2017 11:01 AM)Alla Wrote:  Obama had 8 years and he abandoned working class whites and LATINOS and BLACKS, not only whites. Democrats abandoned them. Trump and Republicans just started. I will give them a little more time.

Oddly enough, my Hispanic son and black girlfriend disagree with you about Obama. I think that is just rhetoric that you've lapped up from the RNC as they've told you what and how to think. Feel free to demonstrate otherwise by presenting supporting facts such a reputable polls and such.

Until then you're some white girl from overseas who doesn't have a goddamned clue what minority Americans live with on a daily basis, so far as I'm concerned.
[+] 7 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
20-03-2017, 08:15 PM
(20-03-2017 04:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 12:39 PM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  Trump may have just started, but the Republican party has been "off the reservation" for many years. They spent the last two presidential terms ensuring they were the least productive in history (unless the subject was closing down clinics and defunding Planned Parenthood), behavior so disgusting and childish it has forever made it impossible for me to vote for a single member of that party.

Trump ran as a Republican, won the Republican nomination, and represents the Republican party. Yes, he's not a career politician, but that doesn't make him any less slimy.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
[+] 1 user Likes Vivian Darkbloom's post
20-03-2017, 08:32 PM
(16-03-2017 11:34 AM)Keen Wrote:  Trump is irrelevant. He is just the guy who signs their papers at the end of the day. He is the retarded republican yes man.
A Presidential signature is far from irrelevant. And Trump is responsible for plenty and none of it good. Regarding healthcare, others may be more responsible than Trump, but he still has a hand in it. So no, he still gets blame, but along with others.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
20-03-2017, 09:47 PM
(20-03-2017 04:04 PM)Alla Wrote:  
adey67 Wrote:Trump doesn't want to help anyone except himself and has an ego larger than Alaska.
This is subjective opinion. You can not know what he wants unless you know man's thoughts and his heart. I have doubt you are that all-knowing.

adey67 Wrote:Where on earth did you get the idea he wants to help poorer people ?
It is not my idea, Trump said this. I heard it with my own ears.

An opinion based on observation.

Must be true then Rolleyes I can tell everyone I'm a fighter pilot it doesn't make it true though
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
21-03-2017, 12:05 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2017 12:38 AM by SYZ.)
EDIT: Shifted to FBI confirms Trump campaign Russia links thread.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
21-03-2017, 11:21 AM
(20-03-2017 04:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  

He's actually worse than your typical Republican. In the end he still panders to the religious of the party, goes with most of the stereotypes that have been with the RNC for 40 years (anti-minority, anti-poor, way too pro-military and pro-police, etc.), and throwing out bad plans, but on top of all that he's an asshole with the temperment of a 3rd grader.

I don't know where right-wingers are getting that he's so different, because when it comes to the actual politics, he's EXACTLY like the Republican status quo.
[+] 3 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post